Dying Light or Far Cry 4

da Maia

So, while I wait for GTA V and The Witcher 3 I was thinking of getting one of these 2 to pass the time.

They are relatively cheap right now (both under 35€) so which one would you people advise me to get?

I am not big on shooters and I don't think i ever played a zombie game lol but this games kind of let me curious.

So give me your personal opinions and in the end I will probably go with the one most people advise me hehe :)

Thanks all!

personally prefer far cry 4

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Do you want to play Dead Island 2.0 with parkour, or an amazing game which actually runs well on current hardware?

Get Far Cry 4.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Dying light is a mess on the pc.
While far cry 4 has received many patches and runs really freacking good even on weakish pcs like mine.
From a technical standpoint and even a a gameplay one far cry 4.
So much fun that game , attacking bases with a elephant totting a rocket launcer ;D

Thats a hard choice, Personally i would go with FC4 though, I like zombie games, But they get a bit repetitive after a while.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

I had more fun with Dying Light than Far Cry 4, but that's just me. It doesn't exactly run that well but I think it's a better game.

i7-4790K / Noctua NH-D14 / 16GB Patriot Signature / MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition / MSI R9 390 8GB / ASUS VG248QE + ASUS VX228 / 120GB 840 EVO + 2TB/1TB Seagate Barracuda + 1TB Samsung 840 EVO / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 / Windows 10 Pro / Sennheiser HD 558 / Ducky Shine 4 / Logitech G602 / NZXT H440 / Wii U / MH4U NN3DS / Currently listening to: Nintendo music

I personally enjoyed Dying Light more then Far Cry 4. FC4 story just feels like its empty. I still havent finished it and prob never will  :lol:

Dying Light runs terrible on any kind of AMD hardware, but it runs flawlessly for me on my Xeon E3-1231v3 + GTX 970 system. I have everything but shadow map size and draw distance maxed out (shadow map size at high instead of very high and draw distance at 60%) and I rarely drop below 60 FPS at 1080p. Patches 1.2.0 and 1.4.0 greatly improve performance. And it is the most fun game I have played in years. Amazing storyline and the city of Haraan is so much fun to explore. The graphics are beautiful too.

I also really enjoyed FC4, but not nearly as much as Dying Light. DL ran more smoothly for me than FC4 also. The Shangrila missions on FC4 are spectacular, I love the art in them. The storyline is pretty interesting in FC4, and I loved doing things in stealth in it. E.g., cut a guard's throat, drag his body into the bushes so no one sees, disable the alarms in the enemy camps, etc.

Overall I found both awesome, but I'd choose Dying Light in a second if you have a decent Intel CPU and Nvidia GPU. Otherwise, get FC4 and hope there is ever a patch to make DL run well on AMD hardware.

But at least 1.4.0 and before run truly horribly on AMD hardware. Toms Hardware did an article about its performance earlier in the month (with version 1.4.0 I'm guessing) and in their 1080p benchmarks the weak ass GTX 960 outperformed the R9 290x with the game maxed out. I have heard patch 1.5 boosts performance for AMD, but I don't have any AMD hardware to test.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/dying-light-benchmark-performance-analysis,4060-3.html

I think Dying Light is really really good (if you play it coop! :P)

And Far Cry 4 is really fun single player :)

Can you expand on why the story feels empty? 

Well it starts off great then your just left with blah blah blah and a few nice scenes in between.The only interesting characters are Pagan Min,Yogi and Reggie. And the story leaves you with Amita and Sabal who are boring .I 've done 25/32 main missions maybe its gets better  :lol: 

Well it starts off great then your just left with blah blah blah and a few nice scenes in between.The only interesting characters are Pagan Min,Yogi and Reggie. And the story leaves you with Amita and Sabal who are boring .I 've done 25/32 main missions maybe its gets better  :lol: 

Don't kill Min  :lol:

Far Cry 4 in my opinion, but beware if you have SLI. It has a flickering problem at the moment.

| Intel 5820K OC'd 4.6Ghz (Swifttech H320 X2) | Asus x99 Deluxe w/ USB 3.1 | 32GB Corsair DDR4 Ram | 2 Nvidia GTX 980ti Classified's | 250gb Samsung EVO SSD OS Drive | 128GB Samsung SSD Cache Drive | 1TB Samsung EVO SSD | 2TB & 4TB Western Digital HDD | Corsair K70 Keyboard | Beyerdynamic 990 Pro 250 | ASUS 27" ROG Swift

I didn't play any coop at all in Far Cry 4 but I did a ton of it in Dying Light and it was a lot of fun, so that's what I would recommend. Both games are very different. Far Cry 4 is definitely richer overall and it has a decent story compared to Dying Light. Still, I had more fun with the later.

Also, I have to disagree with claims that Dying Light is Dead Island 2.0. I disliked both Dead Island games. It's a very different game play. Killing zombies in Dying Light is also much more satisfying in my opinion.

I also planned to get FC4 until yesterday. I tried it on my friend's PC and.. Hhmmm.. I don't like it.

And DL was one of my most anticipated game last year. I love it's trailers. And after it came out. Hhhhmmm... And the PC port problem is hhhmmm....

I vote for FC4

FC4 man, FC4. 

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

So, while I wait for GTA V and The Witcher 3 I was thinking of getting one of these 2 to pass the time.

They are relatively cheap right now (both under 35€) so which one would you people advise me to get?

I am not big on shooters and I don't think i ever played a zombie game lol but this games kind of let me curious.

So give me your personal opinions and in the end I will probably go with the one most people advise me hehe :)

Thanks all!

Buy far cry 4 and get left 4 dead 2 dirt cheap..

Left 4 dead 2 is by far the best zombie game ever.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

Ok thank you all!

Far cry 4 is winning by a large amount so far :D I am more inclined to it too, gorgeous setting, good graphics, freedom of approach, flexibility in gameplay and better story (from what i've read) are strong points for me. Also seems like a game where i can get the most value since it seems to offer a lot of hours of gameplay.

The thing that attracts me in Dying Light is the "tension factor", the fact that at night things get more tense is something that attracts me along with the zombie slaughter, i like the gore :D.

But, as far as i can collect from reviews, the story is kind of lackluster (even though this might be a matter of opinion) and yes, I do own a Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X so i might be better off with Far Cry 4.

Thank you all for your opinions, i really appreciate them!

far cry 4 is similar to far cry 3

dying light is similar to mirror's edge AND dead island

your choice