Different mouse choices...

STRMfrmXMN

I did look at the M45 while considering my next mouse. From what I could see, the downsides of the M45 were the weight system and the unconventional shape. I consider the nearly-extreme simplicity of the EC1 to be a big bonus.

Naos 7000 all the way. I have the 8200 and it's absolutely amazing. Pls get that maus 

I don't have the Naos, I have the Avior 7000. They're the same mouse with a different shell.

The Naos has been hailed as one of the most comfortable mouse out there so my vote goes to the Naos 7000.

Keep in mind that it's very much a mouse for right-handed palm grippers. Claw gripping this mouse is possible but it's awkward to lift up which would annoy you if you're a low sense player.

If you have any non-shape related questions about the 7000 series, qoute me and I'll answer them. :)

P.S: The Zowie EC1 is nice too, also very good for palm grippers. Make sure you get the EC1-A for it's the one with the 3310-sensor.

I love my naos, only problem I have with mine is it feels cheap but I feel like thats only because it's light for its size

the only other known problem that I know of with the mouse is caused by the calibration tool with their software so dont use that

and all 3 mice that I know of work without software installed

I bought my Naos 8200 and have loved it! I have used it for two years now and it is only now having a few small issues.

I will be purchasing another one of these when this one gives up the ghost...

Have you looked at steelSeries? I have a steelSeries rival, and i believe it is the best mouse for fps games at least. The ergonomics are amazing and it's rgb too. Also only $50-$60

Or you could do something like this to a Wacom tablet...

http://puu.sh/ennn5/afab25d34c.JPG

There isnt much to say since it pretty much comes down to shape, but:

M45 is one of the rather bad implementations of the PMW3310, certain values dont seem to be set right and as a result the m45 doesnt feel as responsive as it could be. The mousewheel was also rattling and the actuator didnt sit completely on top of the mouse3 switch, m40 had the same.

The Naos 7000 iks quite good implementation wise, but also not the most responsive, Avior had an FW Update which improved it, but no one knows if that also comes for the Naos, the huge dimensions are because of the ringfinger rest so the shape itself suits slightly above average, average and small hands more than large ones, it was also unnatural to me as it works against the way i want to hold it, for the record, my Hands are 19.8cm.

Zowie EC is a dumbed down Deathadder 3G, there i said it, designed by the same company(and probably the same guy) with the same problems, buttons with pretravel, creaking top shell, the sidebuttons are horrible because they went for only two pcb´s, the Huano´s(they are actually a budget option), the MCU is from 2007, the debounce time is still too high, and also the FW is not flashable, if you want one with a improved FW, go buy a new one, but at least they got the shape right. Also i dont like Zowie´s attitude in regards to new SROM´s and Hardware, they are switching Sensors only when they go EOL, and SROM 6x for the A3090 has never been implemented, instead of having native 500cpi people were stuck with that interpolated crap.

After lots of shouting, my mouse is actually not fixed, so back to the drawing board we go.....

For users of the Naos, how is the thumb rest area? I like having a nice dip for my thumb to sit in.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

After lots of shouting, my mouse is actually not fixed, so back to the drawing board we go.....

For users of the Naos, how is the thumb rest area? I like having a nice dip for my thumb to sit in.

It is very comfortable. It doesnt seam like a large area but my thumb (about 2cm wide) sits on it quite nicely!

It is very comfortable. It doesnt seam like a large area but my thumb (about 2cm wide) sits on it quite nicely!

^this. I do recommend keeping your thumb on the side of the mouse and not leaving it dangling as it will fall of of the thumb rest. 

as far as the other finger rests go, I love them and I think the added grip that I get with them allows me to accurately use the mouse at 4000 dpi in windows, 2000 in CS:GO/Planetside 2  and 8200 in Tf2/Hawken

Zowie came out with the new EC(insert number here)-A with both 3310 sensors on them. Should work for you 

I'm actually building a new PC soon so I hope that will solve the problem. Otherwise I'll just boot into Ubuntu as much as possible to avoid this problem with sleeping the PC - the original reason I wanted a new mouse.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||