Different mouse choices...

STRMfrmXMN

So my Logitech M500 is a great mouse. I love it. But  I have one problem - Windows. Read below if you're interested.

I used Windows 8 for awhile but a problem I had was with waking the PC up from sleep. When I did so, the cursor would be gone when I woke the PC and it became ridiculously annoying to reboot every time I woke the PC up. Only way to make it work semi-consistently was to VIOLENTLY move the mouse about when waking it. This is ridiculous and I'm going to miss the mouse besides this fact. This has been a problem with Logitech mice for a little while according to the internet.

So, my options:

Corsair M45

Zowie EC1

Mionix Naos 7000

Stuck between these 3. Hopefully I could get responses from long-term owners of these mice :)

And I am well familiar with mouse hardware and choosing between them. I've used all but the Mionix in my hand so ya. Loved both the Zowie and the Corsair, but the 7000 is growing on me. 

HELP ME

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I have not used either for any large amount of time, but I really like the looks of the Naos 7000. I have used the M45 at Fry's they had a few for a short period of time out to use and it wasn't my favorite. 

I have not used either for any large amount of time, but I really like the looks of the Naos 7000. I have used the M45 at Fry's they had a few for a short period of time out to use and it wasn't my favorite. 

You have hands the size of Cuba so...

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

You have hands the size of Cuba so...

That I do...

I don't have the Naos, I have the Avior 7000. They're the same mouse with a different shell.

The Naos has been hailed as one of the most comfortable mouse out there so my vote goes to the Naos 7000.

Keep in mind that it's very much a mouse for right-handed palm grippers. Claw gripping this mouse is possible but it's awkward to lift up which would annoy you if you're a low sense player.

If you have any non-shape related questions about the 7000 series, qoute me and I'll answer them. :)

P.S: The Zowie EC1 is nice too, also very good for palm grippers. Make sure you get the EC1-A for it's the one with the 3310-sensor.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

I don't have the Naos, I have the Avior 7000. They're the same mouse with a different shell.

The Naos has been hailed as one of the most comfortable mouse out there so my vote goes to the Naos 7000.

Keep in mind that it's very much a mouse for right-handed palm grippers. Claw gripping this mouse is possible but it's awkward to lift up which would annoy you if you're low sense players.

If you have any non-shape related questions about the 7000 series, qoute me and I'll answer them. :)

P.S: The Zowie EC1 is nice too, also very good for palm grippers. Make sure you get the EC1-A for it's the one with the 3310-sensor.

I can do palm on the mice that obviously hint at palm like the G400 and Deathadder and find it comfy though I more fingertip my mice. Both the Zowie and Corsair are comfy for me.

Is the Mionix usable without software? I bring my mouse around from time to time.

Is the Mionix usable without software? I bring my mouse around from time to time.

Yup, it's plug and play. The standard 3-step dpi profile it comes with is 400, 1600, 7000.

You'll have to DL the easy to use software if you want to change anything else though.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

I love my naos, only problem I have with mine is it feels cheap but I feel like thats only because it's light for its size

the only other known problem that I know of with the mouse is caused by the calibration tool with their software so dont use that

and all 3 mice that I know of work without software installed

I bought my Naos 8200 and have loved it! I have used it for two years now and it is only now having a few small issues.

I will be purchasing another one of these when this one gives up the ghost...

Have you looked at steelSeries? I have a steelSeries rival, and i believe it is the best mouse for fps games at least. The ergonomics are amazing and it's rgb too. Also only $50-$60

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

Have you looked at steelSeries? I have a steelSeries rival, and i believe it is the best mouse for fps games at least. The ergonomics are amazing and it's rgb too. Also only $50-$60

Rival doesn't fit my hands at all.

I bought my Naos 8200 and have loved it! I have used it for two years now and it is only now having a few small issues.

I will be purchasing another one of these when this one gives up the ghost...

I love my naos, only problem I have with mine is it feels cheap but I feel like thats only because it's light for its size

the only other known problem that I know of with the mouse is caused by the calibration tool with their software so dont use that

and all 3 mice that I know of work without software installed

For the Naos, I must ask - how big are your hands? I have extremely small hands and am not sure that the protruding top if the mouse would feel too comfy for me.

For the Naos, I must ask - how big are your hands? I have extremely small hands and am not sure that the protruding top if the mouse would feel too comfy for me.

i've got average hands 19cm by 8.5cm

I wouldnt say that my hands are very big. I have regular to small hands I guess... I would say it fits really nicely but my hands do hang over slightly...

Outstretched, what is the gap between the end of your little finger and the end of your thumb? Mine is about 20.5cm's...

I'm actually looking at two mice you mentioned :) M45 and Naos 7000 as well as the Zowie EC1. Never held the Naos though I have the others. Any super detail-oriented recommendations for me (also PM please as to not derail this thread :))?

There isnt much to say since it pretty much comes down to shape, but:

M45 is one of the rather bad implementations of the PMW3310, certain values dont seem to be set right and as a result the m45 doesnt feel as responsive as it could be. The mousewheel was also rattling and the actuator didnt sit completely on top of the mouse3 switch, m40 had the same.

The Naos 7000 iks quite good implementation wise, but also not the most responsive, Avior had an FW Update which improved it, but no one knows if that also comes for the Naos, the huge dimensions are because of the ringfinger rest so the shape itself suits slightly above average, average and small hands more than large ones, it was also unnatural to me as it works against the way i want to hold it, for the record, my Hands are 19.8cm.

Zowie EC is a dumbed down Deathadder 3G, there i said it, designed by the same company(and probably the same guy) with the same problems, buttons with pretravel, creaking top shell, the sidebuttons are horrible because they went for only two pcb´s, the Huano´s(they are actually a budget option), the MCU is from 2007, the debounce time is still too high, and also the FW is not flashable, if you want one with a improved FW, go buy a new one, but at least they got the shape right. Also i dont like Zowie´s attitude in regards to new SROM´s and Hardware, they are switching Sensors only when they go EOL, and SROM 6x for the A3090 has never been implemented, instead of having native 500cpi people were stuck with that interpolated crap.

M45 is one of the rather bad implementations of the PMW3310, certain values dont seem to be set right and as a result the m45 doesnt feel as responsive as it could be. The mousewheel was also rattling and the actuator didnt sit completely on top of the mouse3 switch, m40 had the same.

The Naos 7000 iks quite good implementation wise, but also not the most responsive, Avior had an FW Update which improved it, but no one knows if that also comes for the Naos, the huge dimensions are because of the ringfinger rest so the shape itself suits slightly above average, average and small hands more than large ones, it was also unnatural to me as it works against the way i want to hold it, for the record, my Hands are 19.8cm.

Zowie EC is a dumbed down Deathadder 3G, there i said it, designed by the same company(and probably the same guy) with the same problems, buttons with pretravel, creaking top shell, the sidebuttons are horrible because they went for only two pcb´s, the Huano´s(they are actually a budget option), the MCU is from 2007, the debounce time is still too high, and also the FW is not flashable, if you want one with a improved FW, go buy a new one, but at least they got the shape right. Also i dont like Zowie´s attitude in regards to new SROM´s and Hardware, they are switching Sensors only when they go EOL, and SROM 6x for the A3090 has never been implemented, instead of having native 500cpi people were stuck with that interpolated crap.

About the Naos, keep in mind we probably use different grips so if it feels unnatural in your hand it may feel about right in mind, though I've never actually held one.

I've been leaning towards the M45, but is there a better claw/fingertip hybrid grip mouse with an optical sensor and side buttons that beats the M45?

I should also point out that I'm looking at the EC1-A.

I used the Zowie EC1 eVo for a significant amount of time (~22 months) before getting the Mionix Naos 7000. I didn't make the move because the EC1 was a bad mouse. For me personally, I found that the shape of the Naos 7000 was a better fit and I had found myself wanting further customization of DPI in a few cases.

Moving from the EC1 to the Naos 7000 was largely due to me owning and loving the shape of a SideWinder X8, so I really wanted something that had a proper pinky rest.

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.

I used the Zowie EC1 eVo for a significant amount of time (~22 months) before getting the Mionix Naos 7000. I didn't make the move because the EC1 was a bad mouse. For me personally, I found that the shape of the Naos 7000 was a better fit and I had found myself wanting further customization of DPI in a few cases.

Moving from the EC1 to the Naos 7000 was largely due to me owning and loving the shape of a SideWinder X8, so I really wanted something that had a proper pinky rest.

How was the quality of the EC1? Anything break?

How was the quality of the EC1? Anything break?

Well, after 22 months of daily use, nothing was broken and the coating hadn't worn off either. I gave it to my little sister to use a few months ago and it's still working without any issues.

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.

Well, after 22 months of daily use, nothing was broken and the coating hadn't worn off either. I gave it to my little sister to use a few months ago and it's still working without any issues.

It's either this or the M45 I think at this point. I'm still leaning towards the M45 and I'm going to try it out again at Frys or Best Buy (they have the M65 RGB there at least).

It's either this or the M45 I think at this point. I'm still leaning towards the M45 and I'm going to try it out again at Frys or Best Buy (they have the M65 RGB there at least).

I did look at the M45 while considering my next mouse. From what I could see, the downsides of the M45 were the weight system and the unconventional shape. I consider the nearly-extreme simplicity of the EC1 to be a big bonus.

Naos 7000 all the way. I have the 8200 and it's absolutely amazing. Pls get that maus 

I wouldnt say that my hands are very big. I have regular to small hands I guess... I would say it fits really nicely but my hands do hang over slightly...

Outstretched, what is the gap between the end of your little finger and the end of your thumb? Mine is about 20.5cm's...

i've got average hands 19cm by 8.5cm

Yup, it's plug and play. The standard 3-step dpi profile it comes with is 400, 1600, 7000.

You'll have to DL the easy to use software if you want to change anything else though.

So, ummm...

I actually manage to solve my original problem that was leading me to buy a new mouse.... Yeah. So no new mouse for me xD I'll keep my M500.

Thanks to all who helped me out :)