HELP! PC wont display anything!

JUMPERMAN

So i recently built this PC 2 months ago, ive been using the onboard graphics up until today when brought a GTX 980. i installed the 980 and the computer turned on however there was no display, i removed the card and tryed again and once again no display. does anyone have any ideas whats wrong?

PC specs:

CPU: i7 4790k
CPU cooler: DEEPcool gamer storm maelstrom 240

MOBO: gigabyte ga-z97x-sli
RAM: 16gb hyper x 1866
PSU: HX 850i
GPU: On board igpu / gtx 980
Case: NZXT H440

Thanks for the help guys !! :)

@JUMPERMAN Check you, A) Unplugged the HDMI lead from the mobo into the Grapics card and B) Make sure you hve the power connectors for the graphics card plugged in all the way because I made the same mistake and it did the same thing.

My Build: Phoenix

Processor: Intel i7 4770k, Motherboard: Asus Z97-P RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB GPU: MSI GTX 1050TI OC Case: Corsair ICUE 4000X, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB + 500GB + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooling: Corsair H100i Capellix, 

If you want to talk to me or give me an answer, please tag me otherwise you'll be talking to thin air ❤️

yeah i did all of that. the ive disconnected the GPU and ive tryed running it off the IGPU again and nothing....... slightly worried hahah

Put the gpu back in, put the hdmi (or whatever) into the gpu, boot up again.
If nothing, try leaving the gpu in and plugging the hdmi into the mobo.
If nothing again, try getting into safe mode and install drivers.

Case:NZXT H440   CPU:3570k @ 4.4ghz   Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalems w/ ap121 p/p  GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770  RAM:Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb 1600mhz  Mobo:Sabertooth Z77     PSU:Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700w   Wheel: Logitech G27 + joystick as handbrake Asus DGX 5.1        Mouse: Corsair M65     Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger Cherry MX black  Headphones: ATH-M50s    Phone: Nexus 5 32GB  Earphones: Sennheiser CX 400ii    SSD: 120gb 840 evo  HDD: WD Enterprise 2TB    AMP&DAC: Schiit Stack. 

How do i get it into safe mode when i have no display??

sure all connectors are in?

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

How do i get it into safe mode when i have no display??

Okay, in that case, do you even see the bios or whatnot?

Does the monitor get any signal?

Case:NZXT H440   CPU:3570k @ 4.4ghz   Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalems w/ ap121 p/p  GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770  RAM:Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb 1600mhz  Mobo:Sabertooth Z77     PSU:Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700w   Wheel: Logitech G27 + joystick as handbrake Asus DGX 5.1        Mouse: Corsair M65     Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger Cherry MX black  Headphones: ATH-M50s    Phone: Nexus 5 32GB  Earphones: Sennheiser CX 400ii    SSD: 120gb 840 evo  HDD: WD Enterprise 2TB    AMP&DAC: Schiit Stack. 

power down for 5 min (take the power cable off) then reset/clear cmos while the GPU is plugged in (please check it is really in there... not half-assedly in there) and reboot with only display cable on GPU and not onboard iGPU

this should reset motherboard into factory settings which would turn bios into detecting which one it should use

PLEASE QUOTE OR TAG (WITH @) ME IF YOU REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT ME TO REPLY!!!!!!!

Also if your issue is solved don't forget to mark the thread as solved!
Peace!!! from a random person in the tech's god forsaken land (named Finland or as I like to call it sarcastically FUNland)

power down for 5 min (take the power cable off) then reset/clear cmos while the GPU is plugged in (please check it is really in there... not half-assedly in there) and reboot with only display cable on GPU and not onboard iGPU

this should reset motherboard into factory settings which would turn bios into detecting which one it should use

how do i clear the CMOS without a jumper?

how do i clear the CMOS without a jumper?

Pop the battery or look for a CMOS clear button.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

Here is a link to the pdf of your user manual

http://www.cclonline.com/content/pdfs/0cv9ctzHBkz0TpSzK9bArw-3d-3d.pdf

pages 22 and 31 show you where the clear cmos jumper is located and how to clear the cmos with it

https://youtu.be/-9RnIj-EcdQ?t=7m20s

Shows how to do it just on a different motherboard (same pricipal just a different location on the motherboard)

Here is a link to the pdf of your user manual

http://www.cclonline.com/content/pdfs/0cv9ctzHBkz0TpSzK9bArw-3d-3d.pdf

pages 22 and 31 show you where the clear cmos jumper is located and how to clear the cmos with it

https://youtu.be/-9RnIj-EcdQ?t=7m20s

Shows how to do it just on a different motherboard (same pricipal just a different location on the motherboard)

Pop the battery or look for a CMOS clear button.

Hey thanks guys so much for the help, i cleared my CMOS and placed the video card back into the PCI connection. and just like you said it worked. Thanks again for the help guys!