Origin Live Chat Success Story

Hey guys! I just wanted to share what I just experienced an hour ago with an Origin live support agent.

Last time I checked the EA Origin store, it was indicated that the prices were in Singaporean Dollars (S$) but when I checked today to buy Battlefield Hardline, it was just in a sign of a Dollar ($) which made me hesitate to buy as it was more costly to convert my country's currency Philippine Peso (PHP) to USD. So I went to their live chat support website and talked to one of their agents about the issue. They responded fast that I will still be using the SGD currency which is great for me as it is cheaper. Happy with their response, I thanked them for a fast reply.

THEN OUT OF THE BLUE, she offered me a complementary 15% discount on any EA Origin item that I will be purchasing. I obviously agreed, as I'm just a college student. She then gave me a code to use for my purchase. So rather than paying 89.90 SGD for the Delux Edition, I'll just be paying 76.42 SGD which is already a big help for me.

I'm just saying that EA's customer service tops my list of the best live chat agents out there for an online game distributor. Next is Steam (they don't have live support, though), then last is Uplay (This also doesn't have live support).... I really hate Uplay's support....

Thanks for reading! :)

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB 1866 Video Card: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G SSDSamsung 840 Evo 250GB HDD: WD 1TB + 500GB Caviar Blue
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 Case: Gigabyte GZ-G1 Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown MousePad: Corsair MM200
Steam/Origin/Uplay: renz62

Yeah, when asking about issues like yours for instance, they're good.

Anything to do with "the game doesn't work". They will run you through a generic list of steps. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Isn't this to be expected from EA now?

This isn't steam lol

Anyways, I was on their support a few days ago, I cant buy stuff for some reason. But I think I got it fixed, and I also got a 15% discount code too.

Yeah, when asking about issues like your for instance, they're good.

Anything to do with "the game doesn't work". They will run you through a generic list of steps. 

What else will they do with "It dosnt work"?

Call up a blackmagic guy and ask him? Generic list of steps is the only thing you can do.

Yeah, when asking about issues like your for instance, they're good.

True...

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB 1866 Video Card: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G SSDSamsung 840 Evo 250GB HDD: WD 1TB + 500GB Caviar Blue
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 Case: Gigabyte GZ-G1 Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown MousePad: Corsair MM200
Steam/Origin/Uplay: renz62

Good experiances with me as well. I couldn't get my Mirror's Edge key to work in Origin. They helped me through it, gave me a 20% discount code and told me to contact them again if the game started disappearing from my library again. They got back within forty minutes. Better than the two weeks of nothing from Steam, that's for sure.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Call up a blackmagic guy and ask him? Generic list of steps is the only thing you can do.

Ah..... Maybe actually give the solution to fixing the problem in the first place?

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Ah..... Maybe actually give the solution to fixing the problem in the first place?

I think he meant how are they supposed to give a perfect solution on "it doesn't work". Most people come into support chats without any details of the problem, just a huge "it doesn't work" and expect their problem to vanish within seconds.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

They will call that Indian spam thing about the black magic advert stuff :P

How will they know  what is wrong if they don't know if the obvious has been tried?

Restart PC, reinstall game, verify game cache (not sure if that is in Origin too).

You would surprised how many people don't try that first

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Okay, let me tell you this cause i hope you didn't understand me right.

My phone isn't working. What do i do?

Queue the list...

Its not enough information to give to support. A simple "it doesn't work" won't be any help at all. So you would need to go through a generic list of possible solutions first.

But if you say "Battlefield 4 isn't working it throws up error code '1015',help me pls" it gives you a lot more information and it can be directly fixed.

steam sucks at support

Edit: tech support and customer service

We're all dying slowly

Pentium G3258 3.2 ghz / ECS z97 pk MOBO / Intel Stock Cooler / R9 290 DD / Corsair Carbide Air 240 / 4GB mushkin stealth ram at 1600 / XFX 650W 80+ gold PSU / Kingston v300 240GB drive W/300GB seagate drive / HP x2301 / Gateway KB / Monoprice GM

Origin support blows chunks, or at least when I've had to deal with them.

Some douchenozzle registered one of my email addresses for their Origin account, wasted nearly an hour explaining what the issue was a few different ways (not sure the guy even knew how to put his shoes on, let alone company he was working for) and ended up being told, "sorry we can't help you because the account is registered in a different country to where you are."

Green With Envy

A build based on a children's cartoon