How to optimally set up Razer Comms for calling into the Live Stream.

Hey guys, 

I've used Razer Comms before (not extensively, but enough to know my way around), and I thought I'd make a guide to make calling into the Live Stream easier for LTT and staff.

Firstly, Download Razer Comms from here: bit.ly/16c6hso

Now, after installing and getting through it all, click the little cog that is the settings button here:

9218193409_e0e6f804c6_o.png

Now, you have two options. Either turn off Push To Talk, or set the Push To Talk button to something you know.

To toggle it off:

1. Click Chat.
  2. Toggle Microphone Toggle Hotkey to off by unchecking the checkbox.
  3. Click OK.

9220966458_3513385cac_o.png

To use Push To Talk:

1. Click Chat.
  2. Change the button used for PTT to your preference (mine is NumPad5).
  3. Click OK.

9218336139_ef4accaf84_o.png

You have two options here as well for audio control. Either to leave Auto adjust on for your Microphone Volume or not.

To adjust your Microphone volume yourself:

1. Click Audio.
  2. Select your Microphone device (assuming it is connected).
  3. Select your Speaker device (assuming it is connected).
  4. Start Audio Test (how to do the Audio Test is 2 images down).
  5. If all is good, click OK, if not, adjust your settings accordingly and repeat step 4.

9221160118_56b0f30fda_o.png

To use Auto Adjust for Microphone Volume:

1. Click Audio.
  2. Select your Microphone device (assuming it is connected).
  3. Select your Speakers (assuming they are connected).
  4. Start Audio Test (how to do the Audio Test is 1 image down).
  5. If all is good, click OK, if not, you may need to leave auto adjust off, or you can up the volume on your mic/speakers from another source (Sound in Control Panel, click Microphones, adjust it).
    If you leave auto adjust off, go back and do the steps for that option.

Do note that if your microphone is too quiet with auto adjust, you may want to try setting it yourself.

9221141386_7a421e78a6_o.png

How to test your microphone and speaker volume levels with the Audio Test feature on Razer Comms. Follow these instructions for Step 4 in Audio Tab of Settings (the image directly above this line):

9218251067_dc698cca02_o.png

If you aren't using Auto Adjust:

Then repeat the process until you can hear yourself fine, your mic volume isn't too high or too low, and that your speaker volume is just right. Try to balance the two. Don't have your Microphone volume at 100% with your speaker volume at 50%. Set it so that your Speaker volume is at 100% with your microphone volume at approximately 50% (depends on your settings).

Like so:

9221058952_387272b6b5_o.png

If you were using Auto Adjust, I suggest turning it off and going back to the audio setup steps and follow the ones not using Auto Adjust. It can make things easier.

Now you are ready to join LTT's group to speak on the Live Stream! Search the Groups for "WAN open" and select it.  :D

Wait patiently until you are selected. It's kinda random, but being on topic/having a good topic is a good way to get selected.

Here's what to do when you are actually put into the group to prepare to speak to Linus and Slick (and the rest of the Live Stream), if you have PTT off:

Click the Headset button (1). Click the microphone button to mute yourself until they are ready to take your question/discussion topic.

9218251037_8dbc8f647f_o.png

Then just unmute yourself to speak to everyone. :D

If you have PTT on, then just click the headset button (1 in the above image), and hold down your preferred button when you want to speak and Linus/Slick are ready to answer your question or talk about your topic.

One note however: There can be a delay between when you press the button and you are actually able to be heard. Just hold it down, pause for 1 second, then start speaking. Ignore the light for PTT being "on" as it will flicker sometimes. Not sure why.

And that's about it. :)

If anything is incorrect or anyone has any suggestions to this, feel free to do so. 

I hope this helps everyone have a better experience on the Live Stream.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Glad to see this up. I do not expect to use Comms myself though. I tried RaidCall and it was alright. I prefer a real server and hosting with Mumble myself.

Install Gentoo GNU/Linux | "You have been placed on moderator queue. This means that all content you submit will need to be approved by a moderator before it will be shown." | top LEL

Build specs: Corsair 540, i7 2600K @ 4.2Ghz, Asrock z77 extreme4, 16gb DDR3 @1866, 2 x 1TB, GTX 560 ti
Monitors: Asus VG236H, Dell U2713HM Headphones: Koss PortaPro, DT 770 80ohm, AT-AD700 | Steam profile

Thanks Vitalius. Hope this gets pinned because I think all the hiccups we had today can be avoided by people simply understanding the software. It's a shame I was unable to have a proper conversation with Linus and Slick during my call in and had to rely on the delayed live stream to hear them. Admittedly think the problem was on my end as It was my first experience using the software.

Also I think your username sounds badass.

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

Book market until I can get my Razer ID back :) Cheers!

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Thanks m8, and congrats on 1k posts! 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Snip

Mysterious stickying is mysterious. 

Mysterious stickying is mysterious. 

I dun get it windybutt.

Edited by heineygoat

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

• 4 weeks later...

pleas make a guild video of razer comms

wood be greet

... Alrighty then. Will do. Can't promise when it'll be out. I like to plan things beforehand and make sure they are good.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.