If you won the lottery, would you build an overkill pc?

SKVizionz

No. I'd stash the money away and save it.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I already have mine. I'd blew it on a lot of pussy

CPU: i9 19300k////GPU: RTX 4090////RAM: 64gb DDR5 5600mhz ////MOBO: Aorus z790 Elite////MONITORS: 3 LG 38" 3840x1600 WIDESCREEN MONITORS

id first get started with a few investments and then probobly have a x99 dual gtx 980 build done through origin pc. 

askdjfasdf

Yes and I would also give one away on the Forum. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

I already have mine. I'd blew it on a lot of pussy

Ha! See thats the beauty of it... If you're really rich ''pussy'', as you so eloquently put it, will flock to you automatically. :P

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

There's a difference between overkill PC and just expensive components. An H100i on a $13000 PC seems like a massive waste to me, as well as the CPU and GPU choices not making any sense. 

If it was several million, then yeah, I'd probably build an insane gaming system, a workstation and media PC, all custom watercooled. Then I'd probably invest the majority of it. 

No. I'd buy a very good pc, capable of doing anything I need it to swiftly. That doesn't mean just wasting money on overpriced components or stuff I don't need. I don't need a 12-core xeon. In fact in games it would probably perform worse than a 5820k (which is what I would ACTUALLY get). And buying 4 graphics card that are overpriced even individually when in 3 years I'll change them is truly unnecessary (besides at that point I'd wait a bit for amd's new lineup...).

The rest would go partly in an emergency bank account for, well, emergencies, partly in a house for me, partly in savings for future bills and the rest would probably go to charity.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I'd save it up for later, when I can actually use it.

YES

I can already see it:

Full  watercooling loop with 

5960X,Quad Crossfire 8GB Vapor-X Sapphire 290X's,64Gigs of Dominator Platnium's,24TB HDD with PIC-E SSD and M.2 SSD and 5TB of Sata SSD dual corsair AX1200 and dual 5k monitors and dual 4k monitors and a ROG SWIFT(FREESYNC EDITION SOON TO BE OUT) in the dem middle.I already have it all planed out on google spreadsheets.Just need to win the loterry now :mellow:  

The final cost of my dream build is $23,000

9590|EK-Copper|Sabertooth 990FXR2.0|16GB RIPJAWS Z|Dual MSI Gaming 290|Corsiar AX1200i|Corsair 760T|3TB Seagate+Dual 120GB Samsung 850EVO in Raid 0

LTT'S Official Radeon Master Race Club Founder-Predicts TitanX2 (Prediction Date: 3-30-15)

XFX Needs To Make A 3 Fan Cooler 

Would get BMW e34 M5

CPU: AMD R7 5800x | GPU: XFX 5500XT 4GB | RAM: 2x8GB Kingston Fury Renegade 3600MHz CL16 | Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx L360 | MB: Aorus B550 Elite V2 | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250gb & WD20EAZX | Case: Antec DF700

Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 460: Intel 6200U | 8GB | 256GB SSD | Active pen

I would get a nice, older used Volvo. Then get some Noctua fans, then invest! 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

I'd call Linus and tell him to go freaking wild and build the best, baddest system possible with all the crap he and the guys could dream up.  Hell, I might get two of them built.