Will it Work? New PC Upgrade Build.

Foreword: 

I want to buy the hardware but i'm not sure if it will be compatible size wise (NH-D15 w/ GPU, RAM, MOBO and/or the case) compatibility wise (RAM w/ the MOBO) or if there's anything else that i've missed.

This build is intended primarily for personal gaming (1080p, 60fps) and video editing (Adobe Pr and Ae + Avid) for university/college, possible light 3D work as well (3DSMax). In AUD (Australian) it will cost $2364 ($1810 USD, at time of writing) excluding the OS which i can get free through University (Win 8.1).

Hardware list is as follows:

Case - Fractal Design Define R5 Mid Tower Titanium

GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 970 Superclocked ACX 2.0 4GB

CPU - Intel Core i7 4790K

MOBO - ASUS Z97-A Motherboard

RAM - Kingston Hyper X Fury HX318C10FBK2/16 16GB (2x8GB) Black

Cooling - Noctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler

SSD - Samsung 850 EVO Series 250GB SSD

HDD - Western Digital WD Black 1TB WD1003FZEX

- Western Digital WD Green 3TB WD30EZRX

PSU - Corsair AX860 Platinum Power Supply

OS - Windows 8.1

Current build is as follows:

Case - BitFenix Raider Mid Tower Gunmetal Case with Window

MOBO - ASRock Z87M Extreme 4 Motherboard

GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 760 Superclocked ACX 2GB

CPU - Intel Core i5 4670K

RAM - Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 

HDD - Western Digital WD Black 1TB WD1002FAEX

SSD - Samsung 840 EVO Series 120GB SSD

Cooling - Stock Intel Cooler

PSU - Seasonic G-650 80Plus Gold 650W

OS - Windows 8.1

Just if you're curious my Peripherals/Accessories are as follows:

Monitor - BenQ RL2450H 24in LED Widescreen Gaming Monitor

Keyboard - Gigabyte Osmium Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (Cherry Red)

Mouse - Gigabyte GHOST M8000X Gaming Mouse

Speakers - Creative Inspire T3130 2.1 Speakers

Headset - Astro A40 Wired PC Gaming Headset Black

Mouse Pad - SteelSeries QcK Mass Gaming Mousepad

Disk Drive - LG CH12NS30 12X BD-R Blu-Ray DVD Combo Drive

Power Outlet - Huntkey Power Surge Protector Black - 8 Outlets

Conclusion:

- I want to buy the hardware but i'm not sure if it will be compatible size wise (NH-D15 w/ GPU, RAM, MOBO and/or the case) compatibility wise (RAM w/ the MOBO). 

- I don't want an all in one Water Cooling system as i'm trying to keep Noise and Dust to a minimum (no dust filters on top vents). 

- I know i could cannibalize  parts from my current build but i want to re-sell it to lessen the blow of this build.

Any and all helpful suggestions and recommendations are gratefully accepted.

In all honesty, just upgrade the GPU of your current build. You already have a good CPU. Get 2x 970 or maybe 980s. Maybe add extra RAM (for the 3d works), but that's it. Get a 1440p monitor, if you want.

Just wait until Skylake arrives. Then, you can upgrade your Mobo + CPU.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Or just upgrade the graphics card. If you feel that you want more cpu horsepower then update the bios and get the i7 4790k. 

@TheSpudtatoe I specced this which is $300ish less than your one:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($469.00 @ CPL Online) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler  ($108.00 @ CPL Online) 
Motherboard: Asus Z97 PRO GAMER ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($229.00 @ CPL Online) 
Storage: OCZ ARC 100 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($125.00 @ Centre Com) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE 3X Video Card  ($485.00 @ Centre Com) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R5 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($150.00 @ Centre Com) 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($109.00 @ CPL Online) 
Case Fan: BitFenix BFF-SCF-14025KK-RP 47.7 CFM 140mm  Fan  ($12.00 @ CPL Online) 
Total: $2060.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-17 02:48 EST+1100

RAID 0 those HDD's for better performance for your work stuff (just make sure you perform backups as frequently as possible). Added an extra 140mm fan for front intake to give you positive air pressure to help reduce dust problems. The rest of the components are mostly picked because they are similar to what you spec'd, but cheaper. A more efficient use of your $. And according to PCPartPicker, no compatibility issues at all. Not bad.

In all honesty, just upgrade the GPU of your current build. You already have a good CPU. Get 2x 970 or maybe 980s. Maybe add extra RAM (for the 3d works), but that's it. Get a 1440p monitor, if you want.

Just wait until Skylake arrives. Then, you can upgrade your Mobo + CPU.

I agree with Imakuni...Shock Horror!  :D There isn't much wrong with your current system.

I would suggest selling the i5 4670K and getting the i7 4770K or i7 4790K (whichever is cheapest). Make sure to update the bios to the latest version beforehand, so that it will support the i7 4790K. The i7 4770K will work with any bios version.

Add another set of 2 x 4GB Corsair Vengeance Ram to make it 16GB.

You have a very good power supply with the Seasonic G 650W. It will handle the GTX 970 or even SLI as it has 4 x pci-e connectors.

The Noctua is a good cooler so that is a good upgrade from the stock Intel HSF. 

I have a Bitfenix Raider case, so I can understand you wanting to change that  :D

I agree with Imakuni...Shock Horror!  :D There isn't much wrong with your current system.

I would suggest selling the i5 4670K and getting the i7 4770K or i7 4790K (whichever is cheapest). Make sure to update the bios to the latest version beforehand, so that it will support the i7 4790K. The i7 4770K will work with any bios version.

Add another set of 2 x 4GB Corsair Vengeance Ram to make it 16GB.

You have a very good power supply with the Seasonic G 650W. It will handle the GTX 970 or even SLI as it has 4 x pci-e connectors.

The Noctua is a good cooler so that is a good upgrade from the stock Intel HSF. 

I have a Bitfenix Raider case, so I can understand you wanting to change that  :D

I reckon i'll just make the slight upgrade you and Imakuni suggested for now with the GPU and RAM and Cooler! Just one thing, i was under the impression that you couldn't re-use a CPU?  :blink:

I reckon i'll just make the slight upgrade you and Imakuni suggested for now with the GPU and RAM and Cooler! Just one thing, i was under the impression that you couldn't re-use a CPU?  :blink:

You can reuse any parts as long as they are compatible.

An i7 will help with Video Editing, but you can try your current i5 cpu first to see how it performs. If you are not happy, then you can always buy an i7 4770K/i7 4790K and use it with your current board.