Enybody suffering from freezups, stuttering?

GregButcher

I have horrible FPS drops and freezes(up to 5 seconds) with idea why it happens, taks manager says memory overflow and cpu usage is topped out(altho core i5 @4.2ghz...). How often does this happens to you? It literally kills me :D

My specs are in the signature, I play on low quality settings.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo:MSI Z87-G43 RAM:Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 1866MHz SSD:Samsung 840 120GB GPU:Gigabyte GTX770 2GB PSU:EVGA NEX650G Case:Fractal Design Define R4 Cooler:Corsair H80i 

Nope check the abusing processs in task manager.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

I had a situation recently where the game was running terribly even on low settings. I got rid of all overclocking on cpu, got the bios back to default and deleted the AI suite (asus motherboard software). All is good now.

Nope.

He has a 770 and neither does the 3.5GB issue effect any normal people.

He asked if I experienced any stuttering, frametime inconsistency can be considered stuttering, and I gave an explanation why as to just giving a vague yes/no.

And exactly what are you implying by "normal people".

Thanks all for quick replys, my guess is probably a lot of background processes from chrome and shizzle. After restarting pc seems to work better but its still weird since i never heard anybody having issues even on worse machines.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo:MSI Z87-G43 RAM:Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 1866MHz SSD:Samsung 840 120GB GPU:Gigabyte GTX770 2GB PSU:EVGA NEX650G Case:Fractal Design Define R4 Cooler:Corsair H80i 

He asked if I experienced any stuttering, frametime inconsistency can be considered stuttering, and I gave an explanation why as to just giving a vague yes/no.

And exactly what are you implying by "normal people".

People who aim for 60fps.

The extra 500MB will only be used if being played at high resolutions with ultra graphics but at that point you aren't even getting 60fps so it never stutters unless you are being silly.

People who aim for 60fps.

The extra 500MB will only be used if being played at high resolutions with ultra graphics but at that point you aren't even getting 60fps so it never stutters unless you are being silly.

It detects a 4GB pool on launch and uses it, regardless of resolution. I game at 1080p, get 60+ fps in the hangar but it just automatically fills up to 3.5GB+ eventually. At which point the frametimes become inconsistent. The drivers/windows are not yet aware that the last part of the memory isn't as fast.

Sorry friend, you have no idea what you're talking about apparently :/

It detects a 4GB pool on launch and uses it, regardless of resolution. I game at 1080p, get 60+ fps in the hangar but it just automatically fills up to 3.5GB+ eventually. At which point the frametimes become inconsistent. The drivers/windows are not yet aware that the last part of the memory isn't as fast.

Sorry friend, you have no idea what you're talking about apparently :/

lol let me just get the video that proves you wrong

Uneducated;)

Btw I monitor my usage in games at all times and rarely do games take up more then 2.5GB nevermind 4GB.

Even maxing out a Triple A game it doesn't go over 3.5GB.

I have horrible FPS drops and freezes(up to 5 seconds) with idea why it happens, taks manager says memory overflow and cpu usage is topped out(altho core i5 @4.2ghz...). How often does this happens to you? It literally kills me :D

My specs are in the signature, I play on low quality settings.

The game stutters and freezes when spawning in a cutlass and other small ships, or if your using an Aurora it loads the CPU more.

It's the game not you, they where talking how a hornet takes up 100mb of vram (iirc) at the current moment.

lol let me just get the video that proves you wrong

Uneducated;)

Ah you're the type that rationalizes everything. Nothing wrong with the 970 you bought right?

Well i'm not so easily swayed by my purchases. I'll reinstall Arena Commander just to prove you wrong.

Because I'm so nice.

Ah you're the type that rationalizes everything. Nothing wrong with the 970 you bought right?

Well i'm not so easily swayed by my purchases. I'll reinstall Arena Commander just to prove you wrong.

Because I'm so nice.

You realize that's an unfinished game?

You can't prove my fatcs wrong with a UNFINISHED new game yet to be optimized..

P.S You seem to be the guy who always thinks he right because he has a single badly backed up point.

You are one of the only people I have reoccurring problems with on this forum.

You realize that's an unfinished game?

You can't prove my fatcs wrong with a UNFINISHED new game yet to be optimized..

Yes, I totally can actually. And Arena Commander is a finished product.

Yes, I totally can actually. And Arena Commander is a finished product.

AC is definitely not a finished product ;)

AC is definitely not a finished product ;)

Well, It's never going to be sold individually no. But AC 1.0 is def. a finished/polished part of the game. Otherwise Chris wouldn't have released it yet. His words, not mine. Anyone here is willing to test their card against my hypothesis, that's fine. But i'm saying this because I witnessed the frametime inconsistencies myself after it hit 3.5GB. Before it its 3.5, at the start, it's all fine. 

And that is def. not something the developers can patch around. That's the way that windows, drivers and cryengine operates. The fact that it won't really use that much in Crysis 3 is because the texturequality is really really bad in that game (yeah, it is). 

AC is not done it may be done when AC is Arena commander 3.0

Well, It's never going to be sold individually no. But AC 1.0 is def. a finished/polished part of the game. Otherwise Chris wouldn't have released it yet. His words, not mine. Anyone here is willing to test their card against my hypothesis, that's fine. But i'm saying this because I witnessed the frametime inconsistencies myself after it hit 3.5GB. Before it its 3.5, at the start, it's all fine. 

And that is def. not something the developers can patch around. That's the way that windows, drivers and cryengine operates. The fact that it won't really use that much in Crysis 3 is because the texturequality is really really bad in that game (yeah, it is). 

AC is out now for testing/development as will be everything for the next 1 1/2 - 2 years till its actually released, CR has never called it a finished product. AC is far from finished/polished, you can only play it if you have alpha access.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Module-Passes/Arena-Commander

"The Arena Commander badge gives new backers access to Star Citizen’s dogfighting alpha."....."The game is currently in alpha version."

Well in any case, if the problem is isolated to a single type of GPU, you can't really place that in the game's fault. That's all i'm saying.

It's perfectly fine to test the game in it's current state for this sole purpose. 

Calling it finished or not, are just simply semantics.

@Tim Drake, EDIT: here it is.

http://i.imgur.com/FouCUrU.jpg

It's a big hanger now, the hanger I was mentioning earlier (60+fps) was much smaller. So I can't recreate the part where the frametimes were fine before 3.5 and started acting like this afterwards. It's so big it immediatly fills the buffer at 1080p from the get-go.

Will try to lower settings to recreate my earlier findings.

EDIT2;

http://i.imgur.com/FPhuosb.jpg

Low settings. Still using 3.5GB, but my take on this is that it isn't trying to force going over 3.5GB. That could be conformation/expectation bias. So someone with a different card will have to verify.

Well in any case, if the problem is isolated to a single type of GPU, you can't really place that in the game's fault. That's all i'm saying.

It's perfectly fine to test the game in it's current state for this sole purpose. 

Calling it finished or not, are just simply semantics.

@Tim Drake, EDIT: here it is.

http://i.imgur.com/FouCUrU.jpg

It's a big hanger now, the hanger I was mentioning earlier (60+fps) was much smaller. So I can't recreate the part where the frametimes were fine before 3.5 and started acting like this afterwards. It's so big it immediatly fills the buffer at 1080p from the get-go.

Will try to lower settings to recreate my earlier findings.

EDIT2;

http://i.imgur.com/FPhuosb.jpg

Low settings. Still using 3.5GB, but my take on this is that it isn't trying to force going over 3.5GB. That could be conformation/expectation bias. So someone with a different card will have to verify.

My card shows about 3gb of vram at 1080p

Which gamemode? Because in free-flight i have less aswell.

Vandal swarm and battle royale

But since many other games have been tested and only unfinished products have this problem, it is defintely the games fault.

Optimization is usually the last stage in development cycle and I doubt the devs have barely touched the optimisation part of development.

Your ignorance is huge.

Most of the time when playing Vanduul swarm or Squadron battle when new entities load into the map i freeze up a bit. But this goes away rather quickly, still annoying though. 

Optimization is usually the last stage in development cycle and I doubt the devs have barely touched the optimisation part of development.

Your ignorance is huge.

In a game where the majority of testers are the public, optimisation is crucial at all points as only a few people can afford developer grade PCs

Most of the time when playing Vanduul swarm or Squadron battle when new entities load into the map i freeze up a bit. But this goes away rather quickly, still annoying though. 

Yeah the new ship optimisation drops  a hornet from 100mb of Vram to about 14mb.