[US]Newegg BenQ XL2730Z In Stock $629.99

kraxe_tk

I can't believe AMD isn't bringing driver support to the entire r9 line-up.

http://www.amd.com/en-gb/innovations/software-technologies/technologies-gaming/freesync#supporting-products

They can't. Atleast on the cards that they rebranded from the 7000 series. They just don't have the hardware(not sure exactly what, but probably dp 1.2)

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

They can't. Atleast on the cards that they rebranded from the 7000 series. They just don't have the hardware(not sure exactly what, but probably dp 1.2)

The 280 (rebranded 7950 I think) supports dp1.2. I believe it's known as "screwing over our customers and suckering them into buying more of our products." I thought it's the monitor that's supposed to be doing all the work when it comes to Free Sync or G-Sync.

The 280 (rebranded 7950 I think) supports dp1.2. I believe it's known as "screwing over our customers and suckering them into buying more of our products." I thought it's the monitor that's supposed to be doing all the work when it comes to Free Sync or G-Sync.

Why, why would they screw their customers that bought the 280 while supporting the much lower end 260x and 260. It is because all these cards are all based on the new architecture that supports the new display controller that the other cards don't. And its not just the monitor doing all the work. Something has the tell the monitor how many frames are being displayed.

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

Why, why would they screw their customers that bought the 280 while supporting the much lower end 260x and 260. It is because all these cards are all based on the new architecture that supports the new display controller that the other cards don't. And its not just the monitor doing all the work. Something has the tell the monitor how many frames are being displayed.

You've got to be kidding me! The slightly older architecture cannot tell a monitor how fast it's rendering frames? Totally not buying that argument.

You've got to be kidding me! The slightly older architecture cannot tell a monitor how fast it's rendering frames? Totally not buying that argument.

Unless you know exactly how free sync works I don't think you can make assumptions. Maybe they could make it work on the 7k line up, but who knows.

My PC: i7 3770k @ 4.4 Ghz || Hyper 212 Evo || Intel Extreme Motherboard DZ77GA || EVGA Hybrid 980ti || Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB || Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB || WD Black 1TB

Peripherals: Corsair K70 RGB || Sentey Pro Revolution Gaming Mouse || Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 250 Ohm Headphone || Benq XL2420Z Monitor

Unless you know exactly how free sync works I don't think you can make assumptions. Maybe they could make it work on the 7k line up, but who knows.

Come on guys. We have to give the marketing department some credit for their influence.

Heyyo,

Yeah it makes you wonder tbh... for NVIDIA? The GTX 680 I have supports NVIDIA GSYNC even though it launched in March 2012... around the same time the AMD 7000 series released.

The only factor that could make a difference? Is if AMD was working on implementing FreeSync back then. NVIDIA could have been working on GSYNC since 2012 or earlier for all we know.. but AMD took a few months to a year to release FreeSync so maybe that's where the difference in support ended up where they didn't back-port their support back a generation of GPUs.

To me? It doesn't make sense the rebranded GTX 280 doesn't have it. I'd consider it a kick to the nuts too if I had one of those GPUs since they were a pretty darn good deal before they went out of stock.

Heyyo,

My PC Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sNPscf

My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case

Does any one know how the BenQ XL2730Z compares to the Acer XG270HU?  I know about the price, the stand, VESA wall mountable, and S switch.  They both seem to advertise anti flicker and blue light tech.  Is BenQ's motion blur reduction exclusive to BenQ?  Is it the same panel?