Are Razer Products any good?

numnums

Hi everyone,

I know a ton of people buy Razer products and I've been wondering what makes them so good? I have a friend that buys everything from Razer and everything as soon as it releases. I also read somewhere on a article explaining why you shouldn't ever buy Razer's products. I've personally never used a Razer product so I wouldn't know a thing about them. Any input I can get from you guys is much appreciated!

Current System Setup | Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D | CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K @4.0GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 8GB (2x4GB) | Graphics Card: MSI Radeon R9 290X | SSD: Samsung EVO 840 250GB | HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200rpm | PSU: Corsair HX750W 80+ Gold | Display: Dell UltraSharp 24" U2414H | Headset: Tritton Kunai | Mouse: EtekCity Scroll X1 | Keyboard: Microsoft SideWinder X4 RED LED

ive heard there mouse pads are good but haven't anything from them before.

Hi everyone,

I know a ton of people buy Razer products and I've been wondering what makes them so good? I have a friend that buys everything from Razer and everything as soon as it releases. I also read somewhere on a article explaining why you shouldn't ever buy Razer's products. I've personally never used a Razer product so I wouldn't know a thing about them. Any input I can get from you guys is much appreciated!

I hate on them, I had a headset and it broke easily (but it's a headset after all) but I believe they do good mouses, but I think that is it. And maybe their keyboard, but I heard bad stories about 'em.

personal experience, no

general opinion on the forum, no (last time i checked)

should you buy it, no

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Hi everyone,

x company's products are never good. Specific products are good. That company may have some excellent products and some awful products.

They have some good mice. They have some good keyboards. Their headsets are almost all bad.

you can't lump a whole company together. thats like saying samsung sucks.

yeah, you might not like their phones, but does that mean their washing machines suck?

Razer has some nice products. I love my deathadder. I like chicklet keys, so I love my essentials keyboard. I love its stealthed look. 

they also have crap products, last I heard their headphones/headsets were not the best

I just love them..... after having two blackwiddow keyboards for a total of over a year, only downside is that it is kinda bulky but that doesn't make it feel cheap.

I got my second blackwiddow and it had to be taken back because recall, had a k95 for awhile took over 3 weeks but i finally been able to type a word without hitting a micro-key.

Got my blackwiddow back and i loved it ever since would buy Razer again.

The USB on the side of the keyboard is really useful

(Just stay away from the headsets)

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

Only Razer product i've owned is a Razer Deathadder. Great mouse, very comfortable and served me well whilst i had it. 

Only gripe is Razer's shitty cloud program called Synapse, it caused me more hassle than anything else. So i stuck with using the legacy drivers and never ran into an issue with them.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

I have had several of their mice fail on me, my Blackwidow died, and I just stopped using my Nostromo. I haven't had any issues with my two mousepads though, but what can they really fuck up with a mousepad...

The deathadder is the only decent product I've seen from them  The rest is generally over priced crap. Their mechanical keyboards use cheap Chinese Kailh switches not Cherry MX, and their headsets are poorly built, over priced, or both. I would imagine the same characteristics apply to the rest of their products.

The mousepad is pretty good. 

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

I once bought a Razer Chroma - liked the quality of the product but returned it because of their "always on" internet requirement to use their hardware,  And their EULA basically shows it is a key-logger.

“User Generated Information” means any information made available to Razer through your use of the Software. Subject to the Privacy Policy mentioned above, you expressly grant Razer the complete and irrevocable right to use, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, distribute, transmit, broadcast, and otherwise communicate, and publicly display and perform the User Generated Information and derivative works thereof in any form, anywhere, with or without attribution to you, and without any notice or compensation to you of any kind.

By using Razer Synapse 2.0 (“Synapse”), the Subscriber agrees that Razer may collect aggregate information, individual information, and personally identifiable information. Razer may share aggregate information and individual information with other parties. Razer shall not share personally identifiable information with other parties, except as described in the policy below.

Like everything, fanboys and haters are the worst people because they refuse to listen to any sort of reason.  Razer products need to be evaluated on what they are, not their brand.  They make really good mice, and one of the few companies that make left handed mice.

Their headsets are total ass though.  Also not too fond of the razer font logo that I've seen on all their headsets.

ive owned two death adders in the past 6 years. Best FPS mouse hands down.

I LOVE The Blackwidow.

and the kraken 7.1 is aight, but meh there headsets have always been kinda crap.

i just purchased the blackwidow chroma and death adder chroma.

They have good and bad products.  There mouse pads are the best though.

CPU - Intel Core i7 4770K @ 4.80GHz / GPU - MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming / RAM - 16 GB G.Skill TridentX 2400 MHz / Motherboard - Maximus VI Formula / CPU Cooler - Kraken x60 / Power Supply - Rosewill Lightning 1300w / Case - Enthoo Luxe Monitor - Asus ROG Swift PG278Q / Sound - Razer Kraken 7.1 / Keyboard - Razer Blackwidow Chroma / Mouse - Razer Naga Hex + Razer Deathadder Chroma | Picture - [http://i.imgur.com/SSKZKWu.jpg]

at best they're ok, I wouldn't advise anybody to buy any of their products tho because its not hard to find something better

The deathadder is good, comfortable, accurate, but any other products are lesser to other ones imo, they have just poor build quality :S

I had a Death Adder. It failed in about 3 months. Results may not be typical, but I'm avoiding them since then.

I have a BlackWidow mechanical keyboard that I really like, it's built like a tank. I'm rough on keyboards as I have a very heavy handed typing style but the BlackWidow is holding up nicely. The keyboard is great but their software and customer service both suck!

Just my .02.....

The computer isn't the "Thing".....the computer is the "Thing" that gets you to the "Thing".  - excerpt from "Halt and Catch Fire".

I have owned 2 razer mice the Abyssus was the first I owned and I loved it a lot for a cheap mouse. The second mouse I bought from them was terrible it's the Razer Taipan, I would never get it ever, a few of the problems are that the sensor is crap as hell, super acceleration, craps out on you at random intervals, where the X and Y axis or other Axis refuse to work, the scroll wheel stopped working as well. However the mousepads are great so I would just stick with their mouse pads. The Logitech G502 is however the best mouse I have ever used and will never change again unless a newer version comes out with very similar ergonomics, I have zero complaints about the G502 it is just perfect for me.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I would love a G502 as well, but I just bought my deathadder chroma to replace my older 3.5g, so I don't think I can justify a purchase of another mouse.

Oh well.

I really love my Naga, i can play League w/ one hand xD

BlackWidow seems good, I have only owned a few proper gaming keyboards

A have no idea why people say their stuff is built cheap, as a frequenter on LAN parties, my Kraken headset, mouse, and keyboard have been thrown around in bags and stepped on and god knows what else, and still nothing broken.

Synapse is a pain, but if you have half a brain you can find a fix for whatever issue you have, the program is great when it works.

Personal Experience: 

Razer Deathstalker Ultimate = very expensive crappy keyboard, "trackpad" on the side with multiple apps doesn't function well

Razer Blackshark BF3 = good... had it for 2 years, never failed me until the mic stopped working for no reason (I don't throw my headset around). 

Overall experience:

expensive, crap... don't buy the headsets nor keyboards

Get a ModMic and a professional set of headphones.

Keyboard wise, get a K70

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ 4.7GHz --- RAM: Lenovo 1600MHz 16GB --- MOBO: Gigabyte Z97-G7 --- GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0+--- PSU: Corsair CX600 --- Case: Corsair Air 540 --- Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 --- OS: Windows 8.1 --- Monitor: 24" AOC G2460P + Dell 19" --- Mouse: Logitech MX Perfromance --- Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Brown) --- Audio: Sennheiser HD558

Don't buy a GTX 980, it's overpriced! Buy 2 GTX 970s or 2 R9 290s intstead (the R9 290s would even be cheaper)

they are great sellers with great designers, but bad but their products are mass produced with bad finishes and bad engineering. They are brave innovators with a beautiful logo