Omron is not only a switch.

Feeterican

This is a board I was working on today at work. I had to add some wire mods to the IC's and piggyback a resistor and cap. Anyhow, I noticed that the Relays where Omron, I thought it just to be a switch company but I guess they make other stuff as well. 

2015-03-14%2008.43.05.jpg

Proc: Intel Core i9 9900K 5GHz OC MoBo: ASUS Maximus XI Formula Z390 Ram: Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200MHz 32GB  Vidcard: ASUS RTX 2080 ROG STRIX OC Sound: Creative Sound Blaster AE-5 SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 240GB  HDD: 4X WD Black 2TB PSU: Corsair HX 850i Case: Corsiar 760T Black Monitor: ASUS PG278QE 165Hz 1ms  Peripheral: Razer Huntsman Elite - Deathadder V2 - Sabertooth Controller

Neat! What kind of board is that/where did it come from?

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

There are some Omron relays in my truck fuse box. They must be a big company.

There are some Omron relays in my truck fuse box. They must be a big company.

Looked on their site to see what type of things they make

DAAAAYYUUUUM

http://www.omron.com/products/

164db51389.jpg

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Neat! What kind of board is that/where did it come from?

I'm not to sure what the board does but I guess it's a machine controller of some sort. They don't tell us anything about the boards we work on they just tell us how many we need to do. That job there is 400 boards that I have to mod out and it takes me about a half hour to do all the mods to that board. There is the 2 connectors I have to install and also add a threw hole resister on the back side of the board to one of those legs on the double connector. I have to take off Q3 and Q7 and replace them, there is another resistor I have to piggyback that's on the left side but not in the photo. Add the wires and a new fuse and also the cap on the back that I have to piggyback.

Proc: Intel Core i9 9900K 5GHz OC MoBo: ASUS Maximus XI Formula Z390 Ram: Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200MHz 32GB  Vidcard: ASUS RTX 2080 ROG STRIX OC Sound: Creative Sound Blaster AE-5 SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 240GB  HDD: 4X WD Black 2TB PSU: Corsair HX 850i Case: Corsiar 760T Black Monitor: ASUS PG278QE 165Hz 1ms  Peripheral: Razer Huntsman Elite - Deathadder V2 - Sabertooth Controller

Oh yeah I have to hand place and hand solder that IC to the board using NoClean RoHS solder. Such a nightmare to work with.

Yeah, a lot of large manufacturing companies have product lines in tons of different industries. That way, if one industry slows down, they still make money off of their other product lines.

I mean, look at Cherry. They make a ton of stuff other than their mechanical keyboard switches.

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems