Need help with component selection and Desktop or laptop?

MikeSX2020

I am having a very hard time making a choice on what i want... the pc i want is one that can play games from time to time, then some video producton as well . just a little bit, only for fun. and then, something that i will enjoy watching videos on.. youtube is just better without stutters on a 1080p video. i currently have a phenom x3 8400 ..@ stock speeds as i cant overclock on the acer motherboard. there is 6 GB of DDR2 RAM and 2 500 GB hard disk drives in RAID 0 ..running windows 7 ultimate. now, i cant decide desktop or laptop.. as i have a $1000 budget for either of them. im leaning towrds the desktop as i can always buy a better gpu when i need it or whatever component i want to upgrade.. or whateven.. when some laptops support upgrading the HDD to SSD and some RAM upgrades. but, not much else.. i would like to see one that can also have a GPU upgrade. that would be cool as hell.. but ya know .. i dont know of any.. i also would like to something that will last as long as possible. any ideas? the laptop is possible because of the mobilty .. being able to use it anywhere i want.. like to the city bus going to work/schooll is awesome. 

A PC aorund the i5 4690k and the 970/r9 290x looks good to me

Maybe a Chromebook would be something for OTG

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LhJKbv

Abit over budget, but if you were able to take the Harddrives from your old rig you could bring it back on target. Or, if you already have a copy of windows, or know where to get one.

I picked the parts with upgradability in mind. So if you need more RAM later on, you have another 2 slots to fill. 

If you want to do SLI later down the road, that will also be quite doable.

I picked the MB and CPU to allow a moderate overclock, but if you want to do more overclocking you are going to want to switch from the stock cooler to something like the H100i, hyper 212 evo, or the be quiet rock.

Is it bad that my dream setup only costs a few thousand not counting the obutto?

CPU: FX-8320

Motherboard: asrock 970Pro3 r2.0

Memory: Team Zeus Blue 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB DUAL-X Video Card 

Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  

SSD: MX100 128GB

HDD: WD 2TB black edition