expensive console replacement 4k gaming pc

I have a new media room and i want a new pc to run the big ass 4k tv.

I know that there is not much 4k content available right now, but since it is gonna come in the near future, and I dont wanna have to upgrade the pc/the tv in the next 10 years or so.. I wanna build a nice PC that will be able to stram 4k and play some games too, since I dont wanna go console. #masterrace

here are the specs I propose:

Intel Core i5-4690 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor I dont wanna overclock, or have it do any rendering-ish jobs, just play games and watch movies, etc.

Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler seems reasonable since i dont wanna overclock, and also keep it silent since it is in a media room.

Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

Crucial Ballistix Sport 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card (2-Way SLI) 2 of these should be good enough to give decent frame rates while keeping the rig within budget
Corsair 760T Black ATX Full Tower Case this case only. I love the looks and it would look super sexy with nice led lighting.
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer blu-ray, although i dont own any blu ray discs right now, seems like the right thing since I might need it some day

any suggestions/ changes please do tell.

P.S.: I have tried to build this with all hackintosh compatible parts, since some day i would like to venture into that too.

Peace.

Get 2 290's and you are saying you want to use this for the next 10 years which is impossible...

"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word." -- Al Capone.

Two 970's aren't going to be able to play AAA games for the next 10 years, even now they struggle to push 60 frames at higher settings. If you're just playing lighter/older games though it should be fine for a long time. 

32GB ram is VERY overkill, 8GB should be fine with 16GB being a lot. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Get 2 290's and you are saying you want to use this for the next 10 years which is impossible...

2x 290 run louder and hotter.

will upgrade gpu when the time comes, btu the rest of the components should work for a long time, since upgrading every year will be very impractical

you are spending money in the wrong places. spend your most money on the gpu

with that budget, you could probably get 290x 8 gb edition crossfire which can handle 4k very well.

32 gb ram is very wasteful when games dont even use 8

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

Two 970's aren't going to be able to play AAA games for the next 10 years, even now they struggle to push 60 frames at higher settings. If you're just playing lighter/older games though it should be fine for a long time. 

32GB ram is VERY overkill, 8GB should be fine with 16GB being a lot. 

not expecting the 970s to play at 4k 60fps... i know that, but i just want the rest of the build to last, with upgrades to the gpus when needed,

or do you think i should get a 980 now, and save up to get another??

I have a new media room and i want a new pc to run the big ass 4k tv.

I know that there is not much 4k content available right now, but since it is gonna coe in the near future, and I dont wanna have to upgrade the pc/the tv in the next 10 years or so.. I wanna build a nice PC that will be able to stram 4k and play some games too, since I dont wanna go console. #masterrace

here are the specs I propose:

Intel Core i5-4690 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor I dont wanna overclock, or have it do any rendering-ish jobs, just play games and watch movies, etc.

Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler seems reasonable since i dont wanna overclock, and also keep it silent since it is in a media room.

Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

Crucial Ballistix Sport 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card (2-Way SLI) 2 of these should be good enough to give decent frame rates while keeping the rig within budget
Corsair 760T Black ATX Full Tower Case this case only. I love the looks and it would look super sexy with nice led lighting.
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer blu-ray, although i dont own any blu ray discs right now, seems like the right thing since I might need it some day

any suggestions/ changes please do tell.

P.S.: I have tried to build this with all hackintosh compatible parts, since some day i would like to venture into that too.

Peace.

I struggled getting 40-50 fps on 4k on my friends monitor with my dual 980's. If I were you I'd get 1 980 right now and SLI it in the future, youre more future proof with 1 980 right now instead of going straight for 2 970's that youll have the change out BOTH in the future.

will upgrade gpu when the time comes, btu the rest of the components should work for a long time, since upgrading every year will be very impractical

Not by a ton, unless you are getting bad ones (eg. reference or asus cooler) they will be practically as quiet as a 970. They would be nice for 4k due to  the extra vram especially with thee 8gb models. I would also get a 4690k over the 4690 because you may want to overclock in a few years, and it doesn't cost much more. I would personally get an air cooler because they will be quieter (because there is no pump and in this case more surface area), and this one will perform much better for the same cost. That air cooler also comes in quite a few colors so you can color-match. 

Not necessarily. There are the Tri-X and Vapor-X edition which are neither hot nor loud.  

"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word." -- Al Capone.

I struggled getting 40-50 fps on 4k on my friends monitor with my dual 980's. If I were you I'd get 1 980 right now and SLI it in the future, youre more future proof with 1 980 right now instead of going straight for 2 970's that youll have the change out BOTH in the future.

Not by a ton, unless you are getting bad ones (eg. reference or asus cooler) they will be practically as quiet as a 970. They would be nice for 4k due to  the extra vram especially with thee 8gb models. I would also get a 4690k over the 4690 because you may want to overclock in a few years, and it doesn't cost much more. I would personally get an air cooler because they will be quieter (because there is no pump and in this case more surface area), and this one will perform much better for the same cost. That air cooler also comes in quite a few colors so you can color-match. 

ok then, ill get a better single gpu for now, and sli/crossfire it later on when i have the cash.

thing is which one, 290x or 980 ??

ok then, ill get a better single gpu for now, and sli/crossfire it later on when i have the cash.

thing is which one, 290x or 980 ??