What is star citizen

spwath

What is it?

When will it be released?

Whats with all the hype?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

not sure

not sure

not sure

its a kick starter project that is still in the making 

a computer game?

2016?

crazy gfx?

idk, im not into spacecraft anyway.

may your framerates be high and your temperatures be low. #pcmr

What is it?

Whats with all the hype?

Elite meets 3D Eve Online

Bit by bit over the next two to three years (parts of it already available as modules).

The pedigree of the main developer and the games to which it's a spiritual successor. (Also, it's set to be kind of a 3D Eve )

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

Inb4 scrublords posting urls with longass text and videos

watchin dis

Which I just did, what did you expect? :P

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

What is it?

Whats with all the hype?

-Open world space MMO with an FPS shooter thrown in and just.. a ton of shit to do

-some of it is playable now.. basically, when its ready

-insane graphics, insane amounts of things to do, crazy attention to detail - amazingly well funded on kickstarter, oculus rift etc

you can basically do anytihng

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

-Open world space MMO with an FPS shooter thrown in and just.. a ton of shit to do

-some of it is playable now.. basically, when its ready

-insane graphics, insane amounts of things to do, crazy attention to detail - amazingly well funded on kickstarter, oculus rift etc

you can basically do anytihng

Sounds fun.

i might get it.

Now, would my HD 7850 1gb and fx-6300 struggle playing it?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Sounds fun.

i might get it.

it will play it, just not on crazy settings - its cryengine 3

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Sounds fun.

i might get it.

In it's current state, yes.

When it will be released, surely yes.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Sounds fun.

i might get it.

I think they're pretty much aiming for it to be passable, graphically speaking, for quite a few years to come, so it's going to be hardware intensive, at least as far as graphics cards are concerned.

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

OK, a few more questions...

how do these game package things work?

Why do they cost so much money?

YOu have to buy ships with IRL cash?

Im confused

OK, a few more questions...

how do these game package things work?

Why do they cost so much money?

YOu have to buy ships with IRL cash?

Im confused

Basically yes, real money. It's an MMO, but not with a fee.

And yes, people really are paying that much for packages but there is an entry level package that just has one basic ship. 

Buying a package basically gets you access to the various modules that will ultimately combine to make up the entire game, as and when they're released.

Basically yes, real money. It's an MMO, but not with a fee.

And yes, people really are paying that much for packages but there is an entry level package that just has one basic ship. 

Buying a package basically gets you access to the various modules that will ultimately combine to make up the entire game, as and when they're released.

SO at the end the game will cost like, alot?

SO at the end the game will cost like, alot?

No no, those guys are just paying crazy money for space stations and fleets of huge ships and mining platforms etc. so that they can start the game with ready-made corporations.

You can buy a basic ship and join a corporation but those super-expensive packages are for the people that are willing to pay that much to run the show (at least as far as their area of (virtual) space is concerned.

No no, those guys are just paying crazy money for space stations and fleets of huge ships and mining platforms etc. so that they can start the game with ready-made corporations.

You can buy a basic ship and join a corporation but those super-expensive packages are for the people that are willing to pay that much to run the show (at least as far as their area of (virtual) space is concerned.

Ok, so i can still get a good experience for say, 45$?

I guess so? But it's relative / subjective... you might not like the game.

An entry level ship will get you access to the modules as they're released and to a single-player campaign that'll be released when it's officially launched and ready to play. After the campaign you're just released into "the 'verse" (if they're still calling it that) which is an open sandbox with everyone else. It's likely to be more enjoyable if you've got a nicer ship but all you really need is an entry level model and then it's basically just "Darwinism" in space, with some unique content scattered here and there for people to find (long lost ship etc.) that kind of thing.

I guess so? But it's relative / subjective... you might not like the game.

An entry level ship will get you access to the modules as they're released and to a single-player campaign that'll be released when it's officially launched and ready to play. After the campaign you're just released into "the 'verse" (if they're still calling it that) which is an open sandbox with everyone else. It's likely to be more enjoyable if you've got a nicer ship but all you really need is an entry level model and then it's basically just "Darwinism" in space, with some unique content scattered here and there for people to find (long lost ship etc.) that kind of thing.

sounds interesting.

I may try it, seems to be big hype

sounds interesting.

I may try it, seems to be big hype

I think people are expecting more from it than it's actually going to be able to offer. People really seem to think that anything's going to be possible in the game, but it is just a game, albeit one that's caught a lot of people's imaginations.

Whatever happens it's definitely going to be interesting. It might be worth taking a look at but right now it's still in development.

Basically people want it to happen and they're hyping it themselves and it's the hype that's generating the interest that's generating the money that's getting the game made.

$45 gets you a basic ship, beta access and an arena commander pass (and the final single player and multiplayer game) which is very usable and gets you into the current alpha but future alpha modules will be $5 each or for $30 you can get a basic ship and the final game without beta/alpha access buying module passes as you see fit if you want to join the alpha, it might not be the best ship but can still be competitive (as proven by many people) and in the open universe there is a lot more to the game than just dogfighting so depending on what your doing some of the smaller ships will be better than the larger/more powerful ones.

The game is still a kickstarter in development so buying ships is funding the game, everything you can buy now will be available to acquire in game without real life money and when the game is released the ships will no longer be available to buy with real life money it will just be a $60 buy to play game from then on with a restricted per month/week amount of credits purchasable with real money.

Edit: Also REC will be in the next patch which allows you to earn credits in the alpha to rent other ships and guns, they also do free fly weekends/weeks where you can fly a certain ship(s) that you don't have (like ATM all flyable ships are available to everyone for the next week).