BBC Suspends ‘Top Gear’ Host Jeremy Clarkson

first of all I can see why he got suspended but seriously we need more people like him in the world everyone out there doesn't want to hurt other people's feelings because you know I might offend this person why what happened to freedom of speech I know it's an American thing but seriously the world needs it say what you want if someone gets offended I'm sorry but it's kind of their problem why does everyone take everything so meaningfully my dad always said if boys you just say thank you and walk away its not that hard nothing ever ever bothers me because cool they're idiots have fun with that I don't care why does everyone take everything so seriously Jeremy Clarkson is an icon he's been on top gear for 20 plus years ago on season 22 obviously doing something right the only way that Top Gear is probably still in business is because of him he is top gear now that I got that out of the way this is the article that I got.

British Broadcasting Corp. said on Tuesday that it has suspended Jeremy Clarkson, the host of the popular motoring show “Top Gear,” following a “fracas” with a producer.

The outspoken television presenter was suspended pending an investigation, the BBC said, without providing details.Mr. Clarkson, who has been in trouble before for behavior and remarks deemed offensive and provocative, was given a so-called final warning last year following a racism row.At the time, Mr. Clarkson said that he avoided using a racist word while reciting a well-known nursery rhyme during the filming of the car show, but begged forgiveness from audiences after admitting that “it sounds like I did.”The BBC said that “Top Gear” will not be broadcast on Sunday.

In October, Argentina’s ambassador to Britain demanded an apology from the broadcaster after the “Top Gear” crew allegedly referenced the country’s 1982 conflict with Britain over the disputed Falkland Islands. The crew was forced to flee the country.In 2011, the BBC apologized to Mexico after Mr. Clarkson and his co-hosts characterized Mexicans as lazy and oafish.http://www.wsj.com/articles/bbc-suspends-top-gear-host-jeremy-clarkson-1426073623

I'm sure that there is already a post about this, if not, I'd be surprised, this happened yesterday :P It's kind of all blown out of proportion as per usual with any big-name celeb. I'm sure it will blow over.

Downloading programs from CNet is not a good idea, as they will commonly include unwanted, and sometimes dangerous bloatware... The more you know.

*ahem* http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/325638-jeremy-clarkson-suspended-by-bbc/been talking about it for two days now, you're a little late to all of this.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

BBC may love being politically correct, but as with any organization for profit, they love their money more. They'll get him back. They can't risk losing one of the most popular TV shows ever (or it dipping in quality)- they just want to make sure he doesn't do anything really stupid again.

Most of the stuff they're upset about is dumb (the Argentina thing- really? I don't think I would have rocks thrown at me if I had a "1939" plate in Poland), but there are some valid complaints (he really should be more careful about being racist/derogatory, the "n" word thing is a valid complaint).

He'll get a slap on the wrist and that's probably it. If he leaves, it'll be of his own accord. Besides, I think I remember reading that Clarkson was the one who reported the whole thing first, anyways, and that the other guy isn't interested in a formal complaint right now.

My PC: MSI X99s SLI PLUS///Intel i7 5820k///Corsair H100i///Crucial DDR4 12GB///EVGA Supernova Gold 750w G2///ASUS GTX 1080 Strix///Phanteks Enthoo Luxe///Intel 730 240GB SSD///WD Blue 1TB///Intel 6250 WiFi
Current Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598///Corsair K70 LUX///Logitech MX Master///Razer Destructor 2///Saitek X52///Acer X34 Predator