Where are MY SNES gurus At? Stuck at start screen

timemachine

HI Team. When  I turn on my SNES with Street Fighter 2  the screen starts and gets stuck at the ....Nintendo screen.

Any experts know what can possibly be wrong?

post-122698-0-44492200-1426111394.jpg

Just kidding.  Don't do that.  

Do other games work?   Has Street Fighter 2 worked in the past? 

attachicon.gifcart.jpg

Just kidding.  Don't do that.  

Do other games work?   Has Street Fighter 2 worked in the past? 

LOL..  Yea the games all worked in the past. I tried mortal kombat and it didnt even want to start.  I havent turned my machine on for almost half a year. I suspect one of the capacitor is fried.

LOL..  Yea the games all worked in the past. I tried mortal kombat and it didnt even want to start.  I havent turned my machine on for almost half a year. I suspect one of the capacitor is fried.

Oh man.  Sadburger.  So none of them work now? 

Oh man.  Sadburger.  So none of them work now? 

Nope! I am going to purchase the special star key and open up the bad boy... and pray

Nope! I am going to purchase the special star key and open up the bad boy... and pray

Did you shake your fist at it yet? 

Call it stoopid?  

Sometimes peer pressure works, too. 

It doesn't help but, this is what my 10yr old self would have done:

1. Flick the power on and off a few times

2. Take the game out and put it back in

3. Take the game out and blow on it, put it back in

4. Bang on the side of the console a couple of times

5. Try other games

6. Go back to first game

7a. Give up, play Super Mario Kart.

7b. If game was Super Mario Kart.....

196syyrr7el6cjpg.jpg

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

It doesn't help but, this is what my 10yr old self would have done:

1. Take the game out and put it back in

2. Flick the power on and off a few times

3. Take the game out and blow on it, put it back in

4. Bang on the side of the console a couple of times

5. Try other games

6. Go back to first game

7a. Give up, play Super Mario Kart.

7b. If game was Super Mario Kart.....

196syyrr7el6cjpg.jpg

I tried all the steps lol... And I wish I still had Mario Kart :P

Sounds like something died on the inside. It would be pretty impossible, I would say, that all of your games. If you can open the system up, I hope you aren't dealing with mobo burns or broken pieces that can't be replaced.  It sounds like the cartridge reader (don't know the official term for it) might be dead or needs a serious cleaning. If that is the case, no harm in cleaning it to see if it works. I heard metal polish is the best as it won't damage the contacts with its usage, or rubbing alcohol (just a tiny, tiny bit!).  I tried both methods and I have to tell you that the metal polish turned my contacts from gold to shiny silver and the games worked straight away. Haven't had a problem since, and I cleaned them like four years ago. :lol: before that I used rubbing alcohol but one of the eight that I did that with finally pooped out, so there's that.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

It's either something broken on the inside of your console or more likely corrosion on some of the cartridge slot contacts. Try taking a cartridge you don't care much about and repeatedly insert and remove it from the console upwards of 15x. This might scrape enough corrosion off to make it work and if not you're left with opening the sucker up.