How do you guys feel about buying Early Access games?

trainergames

I am asking cause i came across the game Medieval Engineers it looks awesome to me and i really want to play it,but with all the Early Access horror stories i have been hearing about is making me have second thought.

I'm torn, I really want to play it and don't want to wait for ever for it to finish,but i am also worried about buying Early Access.

How do you guys feel about buying Early Access?

| I7 2600@4.2Ghz | Corsair A70 w/H100 fans | 16GB DDR3 1333Mhz | MSI Z77A G45 Gaming | Corsair TX650 | XFX R9 380 | 2x 120GB Samsung 840 SSD in RAID 0 | 2x Seagate 500GB in RAID 0 | 750GB Seagate | 500GB WDHDD + 500GB WD USB HDD | Sound Blaster Recon | Antec Sonta Case | HP LP2480zx @1920x1200 | Acer H243H @1920x1080 | BenQ EW2440

Meh, I dont like to gamble. Nothing is written in stone in a early access game.

But if you want to buy it there is nothing wrong with it, It is your money anyways.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

If you cant get refunded then a big NO!!! :)

In one respect, it helps indie devs to get work done. But on the other, there is no guarantee they'll keep on their promises, and the project ends up being abandoned, or unfinished...

I'm against early access, for the simple fact you have no guarantee of a finished product.  I still regret buying DayZ.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

You should only buy early access if you want to specifically support the developer no matter what. If you only want to get it because you want to play the game, wait for the finished product.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Well, I'd trust that it isn't a scam... Since it's made by the Space Engineers dudes if you're worried about that. I'd say if you REALLY wanna play it, I'd say go for it?

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

Personally I've never bought an Early Access game, I just feel it's too risky. 

In one respect, it helps indie devs to get work done. But on the other, there is no guarantee they'll keep on their promises, and the project ends up being abandoned, or unfinished...

I'm against early access, for the simple fact you have no guarantee of a finished product.  I still regret buying DayZ.

that is your own fault it clearly says don't buy it if you don't want to help.

i bought Prison Architect it this far they have bin doing great.

also i don't get why people don't do their research before buying something.

Every once in awhile I will buy an Early Access game if I'm comfortable with the price and risk involved, and/or if the project is so far along that I'd be happy with the purchase even if development stopped. Kerbal Space Program is a pretty safe bet, and Besiege was so cheap I didn't really care. I'm also paying attention to who the developers are—i.e. I'm not buying into any Double Fine Early Access games anytime soon.

I am strongly in favor of Early Access titles being subject to the same review process as any other commercial release, though. If they are charging for their game, it's "done." There used to be a system for unfinished games to be immune to criticism. It was called an open beta, and they got away with it by not trying to take anyone's money.

It one way of getting bad views of a game that might turn out to be a good one

But if you understand that it's not finished and has a lot to be done then I guess you can play it.

Why? DayZ is actually going places like they promised..

It's so much better than when it first was released to consumers..

Why? DayZ is actually going places like they promised..

It's so much better than when it first was released to consumers..

How long has it taken to get where it is? Even their leader left.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

How long has it taken to get where it is? Even their leader left.

Rocket is a money grabbing whore that's why.

It's still in Alpha and their team is small. You expect them on a smallish budget to just finish a game in a year?

You forget the game has been released essentially since the start of development.

Rocket is a money grabbing whore that's why.

It's still in Alpha and their team is small. You expect them on a smallish budget to just finish a game in a year?

You forget the game has been released essentially since the start of development.

It had been in Alpha for a long while before it became standalone mate.

It had been in Alpha for a long while before it became standalone mate.

It was much less than a year.

And development was extremely slow because of how small their team is.

H1z1 Represent!  I have no problem buying a game I am interested in playing -- whether it is Early Acces, Kickstarter, etc.

Win10 | Z77 Extreme4 | 3570k | Evga GTX 980 Ti SC+| 16GB Ripjaws | Corsair RM650 | CrucalMX 100 256 x2| Senn HD 558 |BenQ Zowie EC1A| KBP V60 Blues | Acer XB270H |

Nothing wrong with it if its one of a kind "Next Car Game" or well made game "H1Z1". U pay little less than u would for full released one and u support the good cause in some cases (not every early access dev team is worth your money).

As long as u know that this is the game you will play no matter what then buy it.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Last time I checked space engineers was still either in alpha or beta, and now the push out another early access game....

People be looking for a reason to flame.

Last time I checked space engineers was still either in alpha or beta, and now the push out another early access game....

Same studio, different development team.

I'm telling the truth! I AM a 12 year old girl!

I bought a couple but wont be doing so again.

Maybe I misunderstood the concept but I thought buying an "early access" game meant that at some point in the future there would be a fully fledged completed game.

They seem to be early access forever :(

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

I did for NextCarGame and Carmageddon:Reincarnation.

Thats it... but I also had been watching them for a bit of time before I did, and it seemed they were definitely going to be finished, however long that takes, something I can say now with even more emphasis.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Even though there are some good early access games out there, I believe that we should get rid of the early access concept. Early access gives us gamers no security about game quality anymore. This is my personal opinion so please don't try to make a fight about this ;)

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

I buy them, and enjoy them :D Just make sure to buy good ones like DayZ SA and The Forest.