Want to buy new headphones under 200$, need some help

Gall Cohen

1)I want to buy headphones for less than 200$, Most places recommanded the M50x and actually I really want

them but i wanted to ask around a bit, what do you guys think of them?
2) Do you have other reccomandations for headphones around that price?(Prefferebly from Ebay because Amazon ships to my country at like 70$)

3) I saw most of those expensive headphones do no have an in-line volume control, is the only way of increasing and decreasing the volume

is through the Windows(for example) volume?

4)I plan to buy them also for gaming, In what way can I mimic the virtual 5.1 that most gaming headsets have?

5) Will I need a dac/amp/new soundcard for the m50x or the other headphones you reccomand?(I read the FAQ but stil a bit unclear 'bout that) - My

motherboard is Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H

Thanks for all the answers :)

Get the HyperX Cloud II's.

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

- Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2

Get the Hyperx Cloud 2's.

Agree with this. I have em and love em and they're only $100.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

The m50x is a good headset. I'm currently also considering them with the beyerdynamic DT770 pro and DT990 along with the beyer Custom One Pro and the AKG K612 (which I'll probablly end up buying)

Razer has a 7.1 surround program. Also, if you wish for a wider/ bigger soundstage did you consider open-back headphones?

And no, you won't need an amp for the m50x, thats the beauty in them- they are very travel friendly which also means your phone can easily drive them

Hope that helps

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

M50x is the best headphones for the price, but for a headset (comes w/ mic) get the HyperX Cloud 2

"Rawr XD"

M50x is the best headphones for the price

What makes them the best?

What makes them the best?

Best sound quality I've ever heard for the money while not particularly needing an amp. However some people may not prefer it's sound signature. 

"Rawr XD"

Best sound quality I've ever heard for the money while not particularly needing an amp. However some people may not prefer it's sound signature. 

The m40x are better value for money. 

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

Best sound quality I've ever heard for the money while not particularly needing an amp. However some people may not prefer it's sound signature.

MDR-1R is better than m50x in almost every aspect and both cost the same amount of money

That's awesome. The definitely scale with amplification though, I recommend something that is capable of at least 1Wrms.

That's awesome. The definitely scale with amplification though, I recommend something that is capable of at least 1Wrms.

What are you talking about, m50x needs schiit lyr's power to handle any possible distortion on the sub-bass, to give an extremely linear bass

MDR-1R is better than m50x in almost every aspect and both cost the same amount of money

The 1R is actually cheaper if you buy used. M50x used is around $125 while the 1R is about $110. 

Phillips SHP9500 is actually really good. I just got my hands on one today. They hold their own against my AKG K7xx. Only bad thing is that the pads aren't removable. 

The m50x is a good headset. I'm currently also considering them with the beyerdynamic DT770 pro and DT990 along with the beyer Custom One Pro and the AKG K612 (which I'll probablly end up buying)

I have a DT770 Pro and it's great.  Very comfortable and I'm in love with the sound quality.   I wear them at my desk at work almost the entire time I'm there. 

Only bad thing is that the pads aren't removable. 

That's a shame....

So do they have dat AKG treble clarity, or comparing them for another reason?

I do not plan on buying a headset.

The mdr r1 and the beyerdynamics are too expensive for me( atleast around 30$ more).

I will use the razer software once I get the headphones, thanks!

I will prob go for the hd598 as I was mostly recommended them, mainly for the even sound and the open back design.

One last thing, will a Xoner dgx amp suffice for them?

Thanks everyone!

will a Xoner dgx amp suffice for them?

Yep!

If you want to save a little cash, 558 is mostly the same, especially with the foam mod performed.

Yep!

If you want to save a little cash, 558 is mostly the same, especially with the foam mod performed.

Can you expand upon the difference and this mod you mentioned?

That's a shame....

So do they have dat AKG treble clarity, or comparing them for another reason?

Yeah they do and they sound exactly the same to me so either my ears are broken or Phillips just made a really good headphone. 

Now I'm just debating whether or not to risk cutting off the pads on it so that I can tape on some Shure 1540 pads. 

anyone know of some good audio technica (I cannot spell) headphones for like $150?

anyone know of some good audio technica (I cannot spell) headphones for like $150?

Why Audio Technicas specifically? They really don't have that great of offerings. 

AD500X is a hundred bucks. AD700X is slightly more, but sounds mostly the same. AD900X might be in budget, and supposed to have better bass extension than the others, but I cannot confirm first-hand.

Yeah they do and they sound exactly the same to me so either my ears are broken or Phillips just made a really good headphone.

Now I'm just debating whether or not to risk cutting off the pads on it so that I can tape on some Shure 1540 pads.

Phillips has been making good strides into audio. You should totally glue on 1540 pads!

Can you expand upon the difference and this mod you mentioned?

From all reports, they're the same outside of manufacturing tolerances and the piece of foam which effects bass response a tad.

Thanks ShearMe.

The problem with the sennheiser 598 is that there are only U.S sellers on ebay for them and I would have to pay extra 70 dollars for custom and

such and there is no way around it :\