Reversible USB adapter kickstarter

Axel Sypkens Smit

Kevin Lieber from Vsauce2 started a kickstarter for a reversible usb adapter with Julian Chow.

They are also planning to make reversible usb flash drives. Until usb type c is on every device this seems very nice.

These adapters seem pretty cheap, early adopters get three adapters for backing $12,-

What do you think?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1255122491/ryo-adapter-never-plug-in-your-usb-the-wrong-way-a

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1240 v3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 RAM: 16 GB GeIL Dragon 1600mhz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 770OC 2GB Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D Storage: 1TB WD, Blue, 120GB, munch ssd PSU: 600w Corsair 

Display: aoc tn something, Dell ips U24..  Keyboard: CM storm quickfire xt Brown switches Mouse: Logitech G502, Pricing: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8CBWjX

I think it'd be annoying carrying the adapter everywhere and only to save a half hour in a year, seems too much effort to me :P

CPU I7 - 4720HQ RAM 2 x 8GB • GPU Nvidia GTX 850M Storage 250GB 850 EVO - 1TB Seagate Hybrid
Keyboard CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-I (MX brown) & Pok3r (MX clear) • Mouse Logitech G502 • Sound Audio-Technica ATH-M50X • OS Windows 10 Pro - Linux Arch 
Storage Asustor AS7004T

i like the idea of this thing, would be quite useful for my usb chargers for my phone...

And somehow the guys that created the USB standard couldn't figure this out. GG WP...

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

Am I the only one that doesn't have a problem plugging in USB the right way or didn't care if I got it wrong I just flip it? Like I feel most people have a problem because of Dell computers at their work or school that have reversed USB plugs. Like those Optiplex towers with the doors that hide the USB? They're backwards to no good reason that I can tell.

And how is it too hard to just flip the damn plug? Who has given this completely useless project. That thing will just make you have more leverage to break your Usb header.

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

I want this to be a popular project...

so premium flash-drives and fancy cables would be standardize reversible...   

Or at least Chinese companies make very cheap adapters so we could have an adapter on every usb cable... 

This is like one of those "as seen on tv" item infomercials where people can't seem to do simple tasks without throwing food everywhere and getting upset. 

4770k @4.4 / 16GB @2400 / Plextor MP5X 128GB / MSI Mpower Z87 / MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC / AX860 / XSPC RX240 & EX240 / Koolance 380i / CM 690 II / Qnix 1440p @96Hz / Benq XL2420G

Current Status: Mourning the loss of my 780 ti