What is the difference between these two Corsair power supplies.

Vozella

The CX430M is semi modular. Meaning that all cables apart from the 24pin and 8/4+4pin EPS/CPU cables can be removed. 

EDIT: Modular PSUs allow for much better and easier cable routing and management. Improving the look and airflow of your build. If you can, go for the M version. The CX line are good budget PSUs. 

One is Semi Modular and I believe the other is not...

"Lenghts of Snakes Match Each Silent Syllable" (PTM)

Personal Build #1 Intel i7 4790K ||Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 || Corsair H100i || 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz || Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 || 1000W EVGA PSU || Corsair Obsidian 450D  || Death Adder 2013 K70 *MX Brown*

Client Build #1 AMD FX 6300 || ASUS m5a99x EVO R2.0 || Hyper 212 Evo || 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600mhz || MSI R9 280 Direct CU II || Corsair 500W || BitFenix Neos White 

The CX430M is semi modular. Meaning that all cables apart from the 24pin and 8/4+4pin EPS/CPU cables can be removed. 

EDIT: Modular PSUs allow for much better and easier cable routing and management. Improving the look and airflow of your build. If you can, go for the M version. The CX line are good budget PSUs. 

Thanks. I'll aim for that one.

You might wanna go for the rm series it's worth it

Uh, no. Just no.

Here's the RM performing worse then the CX... absolutely no reason to buy them.

500x1000px-LL-e75d1f0d_1.gif

"Rawr XD"

It's quite cheap it's gold reliability and fully modular it's a no brainer

It's not "quite cheap", it's more expensive then PSUs that will mop the floor with it in performance. 80+ Gold is efficiency, not reliability. There's nothing about the Corsair RM that makes it more reliable then other PSUs of the price bracket, in fact it's LESS reliable. It performs even worse then the CX. End of argument, your point is invalid.

If you really want full modularity then it would be a no-brainer to get the Seasonic-made XFX XTR, not the CWT-made Corsair RM.

Please do your research on power supplies before giving people misleading information.

"Rawr XD"

Uh, no. Just no.

Here's the RM performing worse then the CX... absolutely no reason to buy them.

500x1000px-LL-e75d1f0d_1.gif

So your telling me a EVGA Supernova is worse then the low end CX series if the case if the case is the CX is the CX is better then the RM (pretty much impossible) then he should get a HX, the Cx series is known for sucking because of its cheap parts .

So your telling me a EVGA Supernova is worse then the low end CX series

Yes, it is. The EVGA G1 being a group-regulated PSU is well known for having absolutely horrible 12V voltage regulation. Read into it here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1476935/why-you-should-not-buy-an-evga-supernova-nex650g-750g

Corsair RM and EVGA G1 are two overhyped power supplies that fail to live up to expectations. If you are only following the herd with these PSUs then you should not be giving advice.

Corsair does not make any good PSUs for the money. Please stop trying to act like they do because it's proven that they don't. Even in OP's case, the Delta-made Antec EarthWatts 380D would be a better choice for the money.

"Rawr XD"

The RM series perform better than the CX430-600 (CWT DSA-III - the unit that the OP is getting). On the other hand, the CX750 is based off of a completely different platform than the lower wattage unit. CWT PUQ-B to be exact - the same platform that the TX750M v1 was based off of had a 1.7% regulation. http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Corsair/TX750M/5.html

0.24% or a ~0.028 difference in voltage drop isn't something I would lose sleep over. They are pretty much on par in respect to v.reg, and the minor variation of numbers can be due to the difference in power draw off of a single connector and the higher resistance cause by the modular interface and cable length. Not to mentioned that the RM series is rated for 40C as opposed to the 30C. There are two reviews (HardOCP and Jonnyguru) that show that CX750 / M could not output it what it was rated for at operating temperatures over 30C @ 115v, while the RM series was able to due to it higher rated temp.

Also the fact that it is gold efficiency mean that it will produce less heat as well, so the CapXon that's in both the RM and CX series may last longer thanks to that. As well as the Hipro build RM750/850 are actually a better build unit than the lower wattage CWT unit.

Of course, some of these information is outdated. Hipro no longer makes the RM750/850 units (which that 12v regulation graph was based on). It had been switch over to CWT again, and as such, it is also based off of a different platform. Corsair also made changes to it, where it now uses Full Japanese Caps from Nippon Chemi Con (NCC) as opposed to CapXon and Ltec like it was previously (which was the main issue many people had with it). http://www.jonnyguru.com/forums/showpost.php?p=112280&postcount=111

___

Anyways, OP. The only difference between the two is modularity as already been stated. Do not think that by making my post that I'm recommending the RM series, btw. Generally speaking, there may be better options than it that you can go with as already noted.