Need Help Deciding Between Asus, AOC, and BenQ.

NobleWolf

Hello all! So I am trying to decide between three different monitors I'm looking at monitors that are 24 inches and 144Hz. I have come down to 3, but I need help deciding, so opinions are more than welcome. The monitors I am looking at are the Asus VG248QE, the AOC G2460PQU, and the BenQ XL2430T. If you guys have any other monitor suggestions, I'd gladly take them as well! Thank you for your help!

I'd go for which ever is cheapest, all 3 are great monitors.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Cheapest isn't always best. You get what you pay for. ;)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

I just recently got the BenQ 2420z , and yes there's a way to check if it's newer than V1 firmware , on the box there's a MFG (manufacturing) date , mine's July. I heard from March onwards its quite safe to say its V2. 

It's definitely a great monitor , super smooth compared to 60hz , though the I have not calibrated the colours and whatnot , and maybe due to that , I'm seeing some blotch of darker shades of colours in videos , also there's slight greenish hue to some dimly lit photos that I've encountered , slightly annoying , but oh well , its 144hz and its great for gaming which I primarily use it for. 

I recently got a BenQ XL2430T because I just couldn't wait anymore to get a 144hz panel and didn't have the money for a Gsync monitor like the Asus Swift.  I'll say this: I love the response time and overall speed of the monitor, and I also love the separate control pod that lets you go through monitor settings quickly and save profiles for whatever you are doing.  But even after looking up ICC profiles (using the ICC profile provided by displaylag.com from their review) the colors just don't quite seem right to me.  I think a lot of it has to do with the vertical viewing angle being very narrow, as I can notice a very tiny hint of red on the top of the panel, and on the very bottom I notice a tiny hint of green, and no combination of adjusting the RGB settings in the monitor has alleviated the issue for me.  The whites also seem a bit more yellow than I'm used to, as I replaced a Samsung PX2370 with this one and that had good color reproduction but was just a 60hz panel.

All of that said, I keep ULMB turned on, and if I turn that off everything seems much brighter and clearer by comparison (which makes sense due to what ULMB actually does).  Of course, when you turn ULMB off you also have to turn your brightness way down by about half so that you're not staring into the sun for all intents and purposes.  I've gotten used to how it displays now and mainly have it playing a game while web browsing and videos and such are on my 2nd panel.  Quake Live is a dream on the XL2430T, but for web browsing and such you'll probably find yourself turning ULMB off and on quite a bit unless you can get used to how everything looks with it on.

Of course, I could be missing something completely with this monitor if someone has some insight for color accuracy with ULMB turned on.  But I've been playing with settings off and on and I've gotten it as good as I can get it at this point.