Vaping around computers

Shapa10

I know it is highly ill advised to smoke in the same room as your computer, but what would the affects of vaping be?

I know it is highly ill advised to smoke in the same room as your computer, but what would the affects of vaping be?

The same or worse, since it's water vapor.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

It's essentially just raising the humidity of the room very slightly.

I've vaped by computers for years with no issue at all.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

It's essentially just raising the humidity of the room very slightly.

I've vaped by computers for years with no issue at all.

awesome! Thanks for the quick reply

I'm about to start my new build, which is going to have A LOT of fans, so I didn't want to do anything that could potentially fry my system xD

awesome! Thanks for the quick reply

I'm about to start my new build, which is going to have A LOT of fans, so I didn't want to do anything that could potentially fry my system xD

It probably wouldn't be a good idea to vape near an intake fan, but I am just guessing here, as I've never vaped before and I don't know anything about them really.

If anything, It will make you computer smell nice depending on your juice

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

It will depend on what you're vaping. Some of those have the same nasty stuff as regular cigs and will gunk up your system. 

what messes up your pc is the charred smoky stuffs from regular ciggarets 

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

My side panel and top are open 24/7 while i fold. I blow huge clouds non stop right next to it. Not enough moisture to wreck your hardware.

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

@Swindless vapes around his PC like 24/7, I think it hasn't messed with anything yet though.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

@Swindless vapes around his PC like 24/7, I think it hasn't messed with anything yet though.

Lay's is correct, I've blown clouds directly into the intake and nothings happened. I also blow clouds near it basically from the time I wake up to the time I go to bed and nothing bad so far.

i5-4670k 4.5 Ghz 1.25v | Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H | 4x4 Gigs of Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600Mhz | Gigabyte 980 Ti Reference 1503 Core/ 7796 Effective Memory | H100i w/stock fans | EVGA Supernova 1000w G1 | Samsung 840 120Gb SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM | Corsair Force LX 128Gb SSD | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | DT 990 Pro 250Ohm | Blue Snowball | Logitech G710+ | Logitech G600 | Acer H236HL BID x 3

propylene glycol, the main liquid used in most vape juice, is a de-humectant which means it actualy absorbes water. There shoud be no issues vaping around your pc, hell you coud even blow straight into the intake fan and you shoud be fine, ive done it :P .

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

propylene glycol, the main liquid used in most vape juice, is a de-humectant which means it actualy absorbes water. There shoud be no issues vaping around your pc, hell you coud even blow straight into the intake fan and you shoud be fine, ive done it :P .

This ^

You guys don't realize, even if it was water, and it could damage your components, the fans would move it too quickly, there's not nearly enough unless you have stupidly thick coils modded in. I've blown my cheap vape pen directly into it for fun to see the airflow, nothing bad at all.

I was worried though at first, but thank you so much for confirming it!

If you're worried about condensation, don't be.  It's hotter in the computer than the outside air, so nothing will form on the PCBs in there.

Phh nothing I have a humidifier in my room and I have no problems with my pc, I am in a small room 10x9 this room is just for my setup no problems what so ever!

My only advice is don't build your PC as high as you must be when you made this thread.  Good sense of caution though, you'll be golden applying that thermal paste.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

My only advice is don't build your PC as high as you must be when you made this thread.  Good sense of caution though, you'll be golden applying that thermal paste.

You can vape with things which don't contain THC or even Nicotine, you know this right?

No issue. You aren't going to be vaping enough to create condensation on the components. I've vaped by my computer for over a year and have had no issues.

youll be fine, my dad vapes around pc's all the time, even his. nothing is affected.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

You can vape with things which don't contain THC or even Nicotine, you know this right?

Pffffffffffff

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

I smoked for 10 years before i quit, i think i'll always miss it but i must say when i see people sucking on those stupid vap things i have to struggle not to roll my eyes  :lol: