Should I assemble it myself?

or let the store assemble it for me and do the necessary configurations?

I'm asking because it's my first ever actual PC where I chose every single component  (coming from a non gaming laptop and a pre-built PC when I was a child), and I'm afraid that if I assemble it myself, that I might make some mistake or not be optimal with cable management and the like. I also want to get the most out of the stuff I'm buying, so overclocking is also something I'd like, but then again I have no confidence in myself that I'll be able to do it properly or something, or I might even break the frikin' thing (idk what is the likeliness of breaking brand new parts by improperly overclocking them).

but then again it is my first PC that I can say is really my own (I don't have to share with no brother anymore), and I'm not planning to make any other or make some kind of upgrade (except for an SLI) in the future. so if I don't assemble this one now, I might never get the chance to assemble one again.

so please help me guys... how dangerous or hard is it to fiddle with equipment that you never had experience with (but of course I know where some parts go like the CPU and RAM, but only until those, I don't know which port the GPU is best placed in, as well as where to properly connect the stuff for the Power Supply) ? the only time I get to see people assemble a computer is when I watch Linus's videos... will it be hard to optimize the assembly?

I don't know about you, but I've seen enough LMG videos that I knew how to build my second PC before I ordered the parts.

I'd watch Linus's build guides, learn from them and then go ahead and build on my own, if I were you.

Sig under construction.

well I would actually have someone do it for me because I dont have to troubleshoot and ill have a warranty. its too expensive for me though

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

All you really need to do is follow what Linus says in his build guides and you should be fine, and if you build it yourself it's just generally easier to diagnos issuses because you're the one who built it and is not scared of opening PCs anymore.

Ok, don't stress it bro. There are plenty of guides to help New PC builders like yourself . I think that building it yourself, makes you feel like a total boss. If you don't build it now you won't know what is which and that sort of stuff, so If you want to upgrade or completely build a new PC, you would have to take it to a shop. There are sooooooooo many oc guides out there too.

Rest in Pepperoni

It's like lego. Easy to use, only hurts if you stand on it. If you know where something goes, all you need to do is plug or slot it in. If you don't know where something goes (like what RAM or PCI slots to occupy) all of that is in your motherboard manual; usually with a labelled diagram. 

If it's not going to cost you anything extra to have them build it, and you don't want the experience of doing it yourself, then by all means have them assemble it. Watching one of Linus's build guides will pretty much tell you where everything goes anyway and give you pretty much everything you need to know (with the obvious exceptions).

I would recommend building it yourself. Just watch a guide from Linus and you should be just fine. Building your own PC is very rewarding since you know that you did it yourself and it will also help teach you a little bit about how the components in your computer all work together, so when an error occurs, you should be better at diagnosing the problem. 

Besides, there's really not a ton that you can mess up. Most of the components are keyed to only fit in the port or plug they were meant to, so there really is no way you could accidentally plug something in wrong unless you really forced it.

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

I would recommend building it yourself. Just watch a guide from Linus and you should be just fine. Building your own PC is very rewarding since you know that you did it yourself and it will also help teach you a little bit about how the components in your computer all work together, so when an error occurs, you should be better at diagnosing the problem. 

Besides, there's really not a ton that you can mess up. Most of the components are keyed to only fit in the port or plug they were meant to, so there really is no way you could accidentally plug something in wrong unless you really forced it.

okay so I'm kind of feeling good about assembling it, but how about optimizing it? like I don't even know how to set up the things Linus is talking about here 

okay so I'm kind of feeling good about assembling it, but how about optimizing it? like I don't even know how to set up the things Linus is talking about here 

This just means either you want more fresh air to go into the case then one exhaust ( Positive Pressure ) or you want to remove the hot air inside of the case with only one intake ( Negative Pressure )

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT