Potential Malware or Virus issues

isurvivorz

I have noticed a massive increased in loading times and explorer.exe load time on my computer, and I think it is because I've caught some kind of malware or virus, though I am unsure, it could be because I'm using HDD (such a peasant D:). However, I still want to make sure that I take precautions.

I want to request some suggestions (with personal experience would be great!) for anti malware/virus, cleaner program that is effective, free, and safe (without ad-ware or additional third party software that comes with it), I've been using the default Windows Defender that come with Win8.1 but it seems to not be detecting any viruses when I run scans. Thanks in advance!

I know this post doesn't exactly belong in the troubleshooting sub forum but I couldn't find any other sub forum that fit in this kind of category. And excuse my broken, full of grammar error english D:

I use Malware Bytes, Hitman Pro, and AdwCleaner. They seem to work great together. P.S: Don't forget to follow your topics :)

I use Malware Bytes, Hitman Pro, and Adware Remover. they seem to work great together. P.S: Don't forget to follow your topics :)

Exactly what he said, also AdwCleaner is a key essential to that list.

HydrOS (Waterworks 3.0) Pictures: // One // Two // Three

i7 5820k @ 4.3GHz (1.165v) // Asus X99-A // 16GB-DDR4 Vengeance 2400 CAS13 // RAID 0 Intel 730 240GB // Nvidia Titan X (+200Core +500Memory) // Swiftech D5 // ASUS ROG SWIFT

I use Malware Bytes, Hitman Pro, and AdwCleaner. they seem to work great together. P.S: Don't forget to follow your topics :)

Exactly what he said, also AdwCleaner is a key essential to that list.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll get those programs and let them scans, and ye I forgot to follow the topic xD, i was sitting there wondering "why there hasn't been any reply yet"

Run CCleaner, Malwarebytes, ADWCleaner and install another Anti-Virus program. Windows Defender isn't really that good i myself use Avast and i love it. How old is the HDD? Maybe its just time for reinstall/format?

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866MHz

GPU: Asus Strix RTX 2060 OC

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero 

Storage: 1TB, 500GB, 250GB SSD's, 1TB SSHD

Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540

I will add if you come up with a positive result for malware/virus run them until you no longer get a positive result, often times I find people have to run them more than once to do so. 

Run CCleaner, Malwarebytes, ADWCleaner and install another Anti-Virus program. Windows Defender isn't really that good i myself use Avast and i love it. How old is the HDD? Maybe its just time for reinstall/format?

My HDD is in almost-new condition, I built my PC back in October last year, so everything in my PC are in mint condition.

I will add if you come up with a positive result for malware/virus run them until you no longer get a positive result, often times I find people have to run them more than once to do so. 

I ran Malwarebytes, found PUP OpenCandy, removed it, and I'm currently running a full scan on Malwarebytes right now. I'll let you know if anything odds or positive return.

I have noticed a massive increased in loading times and explorer.exe load time on my computer, and I think it is because I've caught some kind of malware or virus, though I am unsure, it could be because I'm using HDD (such a peasant D:). However, I still want to make sure that I take precautions.

I want to request some suggestions (with personal experience would be great!) for anti malware/virus, cleaner program that is effective, free, and safe (without ad-ware or additional third party software that comes with it), I've been using the default Windows Defender that come with Win8.1 but it seems to not be detecting any viruses when I run scans. Thanks in advance!

I know this post doesn't exactly belong in the troubleshooting sub forum but I couldn't find any other sub forum that fit in this kind of category. And excuse my broken, full of grammar error english D:

It doesn't necessarily mean you have a virus/malware, it can also mean you have a "sluggish" OS caused by junk files and other crap. You can try CCleaner to do a system maintenance and see if your load times change for the better. 

In today times and for the future you want to have a robust networking firewall and a anti-malware program, windows defender just does not cut it even people believe it is good as they do in nod32, symantec and norton which are all a joke when comes to security from malware. Some good anti-malware software with a proper home firewall are Webroot Complete, Kaspersky Pure or Internet Security and Outpost Security Suite pro. 

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

I'm looking at getting AVIRA Free Antivirus software, is it good for a free antivirus software or should I look into another free antivirus software? Any recommendations are welcome!

Update, I ran scan on both AVIRA and Malwarebytes multiple time and hasn't got a positive return yet, so I guess I'm in the safe zone for now, I'll do more scan and if anything comes up I'll let you guys know, but I guess my problem has been partially solved, thanks!