What Nividia gpu?

Go to solution Solved by Arc_Jester,

No one I just had less problems with nvidia, I prefer nvidia but at a time I had msi,asus, and amd card. Out of those I just like nvidia the best.

I understand, if you don't mind it being a couple dollars over you budget here is zotac's 970 : http://www.amazon.com/Zotac-Video-Card-GTX-ZT-90101-10P/dp/B00NNXVPS2/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1425756848&sr=1-6&keywords=gtx+970

I have a  300 dollars budget on the gpu and I only really like Nvidia can someone help me!

The 960 is under 300$ and the 970 is a bit over your budget, so I'd take the 960 unless you don't mind going a bit over your budget

CPU: i5-6600k @ 4.4GHz | Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury | GPU: Asus Strix GTX 980 | Case: NZXT Noctis 450 Red/Black | Storage: 256GB Sandisk SSD + 1TB Western Digital HDD | PSU: EVGA 750w | Monitor: ASUS VS247H | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Keyboard: $15 Cheapo Rubber Dome Keyboard | Mouse: Rosewill RGM-300

Linus Tech Tips Pebble (and Pebble Time) notifier watchface!

You could spend less and get more performance by buying AMD. The only sub-$300 Nvidia card worth buying is the 960, but you could get an equivalently performing 280 for about $50 cheaper and a 290 (which is much faster) for $300 or so.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

r9 290 fits your budget perfectly, the 970 is also an option if you don't mind going a little bit over your budget. But may I ask you why "What nvidia gpu?" Fanboyism?

Build log "Whiplash" : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/158477-the-hero/

Whiplash: 4790k@4,4Ghz|Maximus VII Hero|4x4Gb Red/Black HyperX fury 1866Mhz|R9 290 Tri-X|Modded 450D|Sleeved cables on a M12II evo 850W|M500 480Gb| BenQ XL2411T@144Hz

Laptop: 4700MQ|16Gb@1600Mhz|Quadro 1100M|1080P|128Gb SSD|500Gb 7200RPM hdd

I love how this forum works these days... The guy had two criteria for his upcoming purchase, nVidia and 300 dollars. But apparently most people didn't take the whole nVidia part seriously... 

To help, if Linus has been trying to teach us something lately, it is that buying used can be a good thing... if you can get a 970 for the money, you should be golden!

edit:

r9 290 fits your budget perfectly, the 970 is also an option if you don't mind going a little bit over your budget. But may I ask you why "What nvidia gpu?" Fanboyism?

Why do you jump right to fanboyism? Having a preference has nothing to do with being a fanboy. He might like the company better, he might like whatever features nVidia has, value comes in a lot more measures than performance. Let the man have his own preference...

R9 290x/290.

Gigabye G1 GTX 970.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Why do you only want an Nvidia card when an AMD r9 290x would give you better performance in that price range? It should be a no-brainer to get the 290x.

People mention AMD because a lot of people come on here loaded with misinformation because of Nvidias superior marketing machine. Google any AMD card vs Nvidia card and whats the first thing that pops up? GPUBOSS, which is an Nvidia marketing site disguised as a review site.

That's not to say Nvidia wouldnt better suit his needs if say he has a micro ITX case and requires a blower style cooler, but more often than not when people insist on Nvidia its because they are loaded with misinformation and marketing bullshit with little basis in reality.

Its painful to watch someone buy a gtx 960 would they could have had an r9 290x for almost the same price.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

since amd is not an option and the 970 it's over your budget i'd go with a gtx 770

I love how this forum works these days... The guy had two criteria for his upcoming purchase, nVidia and 300 dollars. But apparently most people didn't take the whole nVidia part seriously... 

To help, if Linus has been trying to teach us something lately, it is that buying used can be a good thing... if you can get a 970 for the money, you should be golden!

edit:

Why do you jump right to fanboyism? Having a preference has nothing to do with being a fanboy. He might like the company better, he might like whatever features nVidia has, value comes in a lot more measures than performance. Let the man have his own preference...

You're probably going to get called a fanboy if they reply to you.

When you use logic and reason in situations like this, you get called an Nvidia stockholder, Nvidiot and other names.

Maybe ^_^ but no the only gpu's worth buy is amd and nvida and I have had bad problems with all my amd components. 

Maybe ^_^ but no the only gpu's worth buy is amd and nivida and I have had bad problems with all my amd components. 

who's to say you won't have problems with Nvidia.

who's to say you won't have problems with Nvidia.

No one I just had less problems with nvidia, I prefer nvidia but at a time I had msi,asus, and amd card. Out of those I just like nvidia the best.

I understand, if you don't mind it being a couple dollars over you budget here is zotac's 970 : http://www.amazon.com/Zotac-Video-Card-GTX-ZT-90101-10P/dp/B00NNXVPS2/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1425756848&sr=1-6&keywords=gtx+970

I have a  300 dollars budget on the gpu and I only really like Nvidia can someone help me!

960 or 970 (over ye budget). Also I apologize for the crappy people who completely ignore your favor towards nVidia and shout their radeon language around.

CPU: G3258 @ 4GHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 960 OC RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 SSD: Corsair LS 120GB Case: Antec GX500 Mouse: Logitech G402 Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Headphones: Shure SRH440 Microphone: That Zalman Zm-Mic1 that everyone recommends but noone uses

Remember when the R9 280 was the HD 7950? Pepperidge Farm remembers.  

Running two AMD Cards: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCwn1NTK-50