Pay to win games

PM97

Hi guys, I posted this question on reddit in hopes of starting a discussion. It didn't go too well and my question remains somewhat unanswered, so I thought I 'd ask you guys.

Pay to win games aren't something I want coming into the world. However, a thought popped into my head and I thought it could lead to a good discussion. Suppose you don't play many games, just think of your favourite few. They are now pay to win. This means that by spending more money you can have an advantage over other players. What is the large difference between spending money on those games to get an advantage and spending money on your PC to get an advantage such as higher frame rates (or more consistent frame rates) or more responsive peripherals?

Well if you buy say - a gun that demolishes the competion and is OP(and i mean really OP)- then I'd say frame rate wont help the guys playing against the person 

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

Because higher FPS does not corelate to more skill or advantage in game. (a bit, but not a lot).

Buying a good weapon, does help you win because they are often good.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Well, buying in game items with money directly will give you a bigger advantage than higher frame rates. You could turn down settings to get higher frame rates, but unless you're only just able to play the game on low, you're not going to be getting an advantage by spending money on your PC. 

As for peripherals, having an amazing mouse and keyboard while using a shotgun is still going to be worse than the 1 shot kill sniper you bought at 400m distance. 

Maybe by being a KNOWN P2W title, less players would even bother...?

Knowing they'd HAVE to spend money to be competitive.

Those with a crappier PC than I, can still use their skill to win.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Usually you can adapt your skills to poor peripherals and framerates. You can learn to be good with those things

Sure, a 144Hz monitor is since to play games on, but I can learn to as good a player with a 60Hz monitor.

Pay-to-win games puts a wall up, that no one can get around, no matter their skill level. Only your wallet can get you over the wall.

And once you are over, the skill level of others doesn't matter as much. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Frame rate was just an example guys and even then, I was talking about stable framerate if a 144hz display drops even one frame strategically it can through off your shot. What if you spent money on a stable high speed internet connection to reduce the chance of a lag spike, is that not the same? Think about it, even an OP item would be useless if you couldn't be stable.

Some of the stuff you guys are saying is really good though, lets keep this discussion going