Good FPS but games do not look smooth.

The problem is this: No matter what FPS I am getting in a game, it will not have that silky smooth look as it should, instead it appears slightly jittery. When I first built my computer it was fine, however, at random it started. Over time I have tried to replace parts of my PC in order to fix it, hoping to find the one causing the issue.

So far I have replaced:

•  
  • GPU
    CPU
    Motherboard
    CPU Cooler
    HDD
    Case
    Monitor
  •  

Current specs:

• i5 4690k
  • Corsair H60 Cooler
  • Asus HD7970
  • Asus Z97-A
  • WD Caviar Blue 1TB
  • Define R5 Case
  • Corsair CX600

None of these have fixed the problem, and all that is left of the original PC is the power supply. I only replaced the CPU and Motherboard yesterday, and all together I feel like this is costing too much money, and so I need a fix.

One thing I have noticed reduces the effect is V-Sync, however, It is not a fix as I want to play without it, as it adds a blur and input lag. Also, if I am in an area in a game where the is not much to render, the effects are greatly reduced!

I haven't been able to fix this problem myself, and I am really desperate for a fix, so any responses will be appreciated! Thank you.

Can I get specs of your computer? 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

try turning on vsync

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

!ship

how can you expect us to help if you don't even provide any specs?

which games are we talking about would be helpful too.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Tried reinstalling Windows? Drivers? lol

The problem is this: No matter what FPS I am getting in a game, it will not have that silky smooth look as it should, instead it appears slightly jittery. When I first built my computer it was fine, however, at random it started. Over time I have tried to replace parts of my PC in order to fix it, hoping to find the one causing the issue.

So far I have replaced:

•  
  • GPU

CPU

Motherboard

CPU Cooler

HDD

Case

Monitor

•  

None of these have fixed the problem, and all that is left of the original PC is the power supply. I only replaced the CPU and Motherboard yesterday, and all together I feel like this is costing too much money, and so I need a fix.

One thing I have noticed reduces the effect is V-Sync, however, It is not a fix as I want to play without it, as it adds a blur and input lag. Also, if I am in an area in a game where the is not much to render, the effects are greatly reduced!

I haven't been able to fix this problem myself, and I am really desperate for a fix, so any responses will be appreciated! Thank you.

Fairly sure you just need to vsync games. They will always run less smooth without it on. And it does not create blur, input lag is detectable, but even then the amount of difference is so tiny a normal gamer should not feel it. It's probably some sort of placebo effect as it is with many. 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

how can you expect us to help if you don't even provide any specs?

which games are we talking about would be helpful too.

Oh yeah, and it affects every game. The only time I can see smooth again is if I watch a 60fps stream or youtube video.

Here you go! Thanks for taking an interest :)http://pcpartpicker.com/p/vJdtqs

Thank you, thats very nice. i don't see any problem with this build. maybe that Amd gpu is too much power hungry for that 600w psu, but id be suprised. can you also provide a screen shot of your temperatures? cpu and gpu.

may your framerates be high and your temperatures be low. #pcmr

You replaced the entire computer? :/

Almost, not the PSU. Everything else though.

Fairly sure you just need to vsync games. They will always run less smooth without it on. And it does not create blur, input lag is detectable, but even then the amount of difference is so tiny a normal gamer should not feel it. It's probably some sort of placebo effect as it is with many. 

this is not the case. When I look at other people's pc they are very smooth without V-sync, mine is not. My computer used to look smooth too. It is no a placebo as people can notice it when they look at mine. Thanks though :)

Can I get specs of your computer? 

There you go :)

Thank you, thats very nice. i don't see any problem with this build. maybe that Amd gpu is too much power hungry for that 600w psu, but id be suprised. can you also provide a screen shot of your temperatures? cpu and gpu.

This was an issue with my parts I replaced with these as well. I upgraded to this stuff one at a time to try to fix it incase a component was causeing it. It happened with my old GTX560Ti as well. The only component left form the original computer is my psu. I don't want to buy a new one untill I am sure it will fix it as I have spend a lot of money, and it is still not fixed.

Might sound stupid, but have you tried a different (video) cable

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

This was an issue with my parts I replaced with these as well. I upgraded to this stuff one at a time to try to fix it incase a component was causeing it. It happened with my old GTX560Ti as well. The only component left form the original computer is my psu. I don't want to buy a new one untill I am sure it will fix it as I have spend a lot of money, and it is still not fixed.

before changing the psu, If you havent done it yet, i would simply try to reinstall windows. save your data, format everything, and start with a fresh clean installation. 

may your framerates be high and your temperatures be low. #pcmr

Might sound stupid, but have you tried a different (video) cable

Not stupid at all! I tried it myself Hahaha! But no, it hasn't worked :( Thanks though

this is not the case. When I look at other people's pc they are very smooth without V-sync, mine is not. My computer used to look smooth too. It is no a placebo as people can notice it when they look at mine. Thanks though :)

Never in my life have I seen a smooth game without vsync on unless it's pushing past 200fps. All vsync does it output a frame to the monitor at the same time the monitor refreshes. When you don't have it locked you are getting multiple frame injected to each refresh. The screen tearing becomes a factor and you also lose that frame buffer, so if your gpu does not output a frame or skips it you will feel microstutter. Going beyond 60 will also not actually give you more than 60fps in front of your eyes because you will only see as much as the monitor can output. So if it's not that than I can't possibly help you.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

have you tried reinstalling windows? it sounds like a software issue to me

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Not stupid at all! I tried it myself Hahaha! But no, it hasn't worked :( Thanks though

Try playing around with settings in CCC - things like triple buffering etc

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

Try playing around with settings in CCC - things like triple buffering etc

I would actually advise resetting things to defaults. it should work fine at default settings. 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1