Has Steam ever been hacked?

Snickerzz

Well most of you know that ubisoft was hacked and that made me think, has steam ever been hacked? like to the point of user account info being stolen? 

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Their service forums was hacked around November 2011. Valve didn't acknowledge they had been hacked until 10 days after and up untill that point they claimed the forum was down for maintanance

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Their service forums was hacked around November 2011. Valve didn't acknowledge they had been hacked until 10 days after and up untill that point they claimed the forum was down for maintanance

>~>

Already posted but yes they were hacked.

where? o.o

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

>~>

where? o.o

I mean the forbes link was posted which I posted afterwards then edited.

I mean the forbes link was posted which I posted afterwards then edited.

oh

I don't think any system can be 100% secure. It's a cat and mouse game, hackers will find their way in and the company will patch it.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who can read binary and those who can't.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who can read hexadecimal and F the rest.

~Fletch

Yes some Steam database was hacked. Fortunately however the hackers were not able to break their encryption and cryptography scheme. So the passwords, and credit card data etc was not leaked.

The hack of Sony's playstation network in 2011 was a disaster with sensitive stuff like user logins getting leaked. Hopefully the whole industry has learned from that.

Yeah I remember that there was an issue, maybe last year I think it was.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

i know nothing is hack proof and steam probably has gotten hack and has been mention here but i do know they have flaws like one being if you are gifted a game the link has the code in it so if people see it they can get the game before you do

hope they get hacked again and half life 3 gets leaked

Wait a sec... YOU POSTED THIS ON 3/6/2013... 3... HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED!!!!

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

They got hacked back in 2003-2005 and HL2 got leacked.

That was a hack of some PCs in valve. The OP is asking about instances where steam was hacked.

That was a hack of some PCs in valve. The OP is asking about instances where steam was hacked.

either one works :P