nzxt kraken x41 and CAM software

I had a quick question about the nzxt kraken x41 and the CAM software. I am using fan xpert 3 with asus's ai suite 3, and I was wondering if fan xpert 3 was capable of controlling the 140mm rad fan that came with the x41, or if the two softwares are conflicting with each other.

with stock configuration, the pump plugs into the cpu fan header, and the 140mm pwm fan plugs into a fan power cable that comes out of the pump. then a separate cable comes out of the pump and plugs into a usb header on the mobo for control from the CAM software. the CAM software downloaded from the nzxt website is capable of controlling both the fan speed and the pump speed.

I was reading around, and I saw a suggestion to power the pump directly from the power supply, because it should be running at full speed all the time. Then plug the fan directly into the cpu fan header and control it with fan xpert 3. therefore you wouldn't need to use the CAM software. Do yall recommend I try this config out, or should I just stick with the CAM software?

I had a quick question about the nzxt kraken x41 and the CAM software. I am using fan xpert 3 with asus's ai suite 3, and I was wondering if fan xpert 3 was capable of controlling the 140mm rad fan that came with the x41, or if the two softwares are conflicting with each other.

with stock configuration, the pump plugs into the cpu fan header, and the 140mm pwm fan plugs into a fan power cable that comes out of the pump. then a separate cable comes out of the pump and plugs into a usb header on the mobo for control from the CAM software. the CAM software downloaded from the nzxt website is capable of controlling both the fan speed and the pump speed.

I was reading around, and I saw a suggestion to power the pump directly from the power supply, because it should be running at full speed all the time. Then plug the fan directly into the cpu fan header and control it with fan xpert 3. therefore you wouldn't need to use the CAM software. Do yall recommend I try this config out, or should I just stick with the CAM software?

I would go around CAM software.  I tried it with my X31 and really disliked it.  Slow, buggy, and interferes with AI Suite III.  Set your X41 to whatever LED color you want, then don't open it again.

Do what others recommended.  Plug the pump into the PSU, and control the fan(s) via motherboard fan header/CPU fan header in AI Suite.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I would go around CAM software.  I tried it with my X31 and really disliked it.  Slow, buggy, and interferes with AI Suite III.  Set your X41 to whatever LED color you want, then don't open it again.

Do what others recommended.  Plug the pump into the PSU, and control the fan(s) via motherboard fan header/CPU fan header in AI Suite.

True. Should I use a molex plug from the psu and connect it to a molex/4pin converter for the pump?

True. Should I use a molex plug from the psu and connect it to a molex/4pin converter for the pump?

Yup, molex to 4pin

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."