A Cheap Gpu that can get the job done until next week!

Dive5885

So as you all know with a FX System you have to have a Gpu to use you're computer.

I wont be getting a new gpu until next week Thursday or Friday so I need something cheap but capable of running battlefield at Low - medium settings for around $100 - $150.

I'm fine with a used card and the cheaper the better!

What would you guys recommend!

Let me know below!

Thanks!

Intel Core I7 7820X | Asus Rampage VI | Gigabyte RX 580 XTR | 32GB Crucial Ballistix | NZXT Kraken X62

ADATA XPG 256GB PCIe| Cosmos C700P CM | Lepa MaxPlatinum 1050W

or just not waste the money on it and find something else to do with your life until your gpu arrives.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Wait, you're going to buy a shitty card now, and then after a week, you're going to get an even better card and replace it? That's ridiculous, with that extra 100 bucks, you could get an even nicer card or spend it on something else! Just have some patience, and not use your PC for a week.

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

or just not waste the money on it and find something else to do with your life until your gpu arrives.

I need the computer for editing.

This laptop I'm using isn't going to cut it.

Intel Core I7 7820X | Asus Rampage VI | Gigabyte RX 580 XTR | 32GB Crucial Ballistix | NZXT Kraken X62

R9 270, runs BF4 at high preset 60+ fps, ultra no AA 50+ fps iirc (with my 3570k at least).

RIP in pepperonis m8s

If you really need a GPU, then that 270 up there should do the trick, but I still recommend you wait a week and get an even better GPU with that 100 bucks

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Perhaps find a way to get it to hold out on you for that week or so? (I had to use my Asus K53TA-BBR6 [The laptop is now dead] for recording, editing, and rendering gameplay footage for quite a while as I had no desktop pc, and it worked fine, though was a bit slower when it came to rendering and editing.)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Perhaps find a way to get it to hold out on you for that week or so? (I had to use my Asus K53TA-BBR6 [The laptop is now dead] for recording, editing, and rendering gameplay footage for quite a while as I had no desktop pc, and it worked fine, though was a bit slower when it came to rendering and editing.)

Its not that big of a deal, I just prefer using the desktop over the laptop.

Maybe try to find something used locally and resell it for the same price a week later ?

I would say look locally, you wont likely get anything shipped within a week. Best of luck!!

Rose's are red violets are blue, without computers I'd know not what to do.

Its not that big of a deal, I just prefer using the desktop over the laptop.

IMO its better to just wait a little longer and deal with the laptop than to go out and waste money on a $100-150 gpu that you will use for a week, then most likely never use again.

IMO its better to just wait a little longer and deal with the laptop than to go out and waste money on a $100-150 gpu that you will use for a week, then most likely never use again.

Yeah I might just wait then and stick with using the laptop until next week.

Find something on Craigslist, and make sure it works.  You can find some really excellent GPUs on Craigslist.  670s for $100, R9 270s for $80, etc..

Just verify that it works

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Find something on Craigslist, and make sure it works.  You can find some really excellent GPUs on Craigslist.  670s for $100, R9 270s for $80, etc..

I did find a R9 270 for $115 but It might just be better to wait until I get the new Gpu next week.

I did find a R9 270 for $115 but It might just be better to wait until I get the new Gpu next week.

Oh, yea, if its only a week until you get a proper one, just wait.  That, and an R9 270 can be found for $100 new a lot of the time.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

If you are looking for something just to get a display signal so you can edit just pick up a GT610 for ~$30 and hold off on gaming for a week.

I've built 3 PC's, but none for myself... In fact, I'm using an iMac that my dad bought for me as my desktop. Awkward...

Please don't say "SSD drive." By doing so, you are literally saying "Solid State Drive Drive" and causing my brain cells to commit suicide. The same applies to HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express).

If you are looking for something just to get a display signal so you can edit just pick up a GT610 for ~$30 and hold off on gaming for a week.

Yeah my local best buy has a cheap gpu for $40

Yea, I found a GTX 680 for $150, probably could have been talked down to $130. GTX 670 for $90, too. It temps me to do a scrap yard build myself because of it lol.

Every now and again you'll get those couple people trying to sell their 780 Ti for $500, or R9 290X for $320.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Which gpu did you order by the way?

Which gpu did you order by the way?

I haven't ordered anything yet.

I will be going to MicroCenter and Frys next week to see what they have.

I'm thinking Maybe a R9 295X2 or just a single R9 290X

Yea, I found a GTX 680 for $150, probably could have been talked down to $130. GTX 670 for $90, too. It temps me to do a scrap yard build myself because of it lol.

Every now and again you'll get those couple people trying to sell their 780 Ti for $500, or R9 290X for $320.

Yup, for every person that sells something used at a really low and good price, you get someone who grossly overvalues their parts.

I would just keep the money and get something better