Learn me a thing about static electricity safety?

So after a lot of attempted research, I've collected a lot of general information on static electricity safety. During build logs, Linus likes to mention how he attaches his anti-static wriststrap (which I have) to his ankle. Does that mean that he attaches it to the grill of his psu that's plugged in and on the floor or something? And when it comes to just touching the psu casing or metal in your case, is that reliable? I just want to be ultra safe and want as much knowledge as possible.

So after a lot of attempted research, I've collected a lot of general information on static electricity safety. During build logs, Linus likes to mention how he attaches his anti-static wriststrap (which I have) to his ankle. Does that mean that he attaches it to the grill of his psu that's plugged in and on the floor or something? And when it comes to just touching the psu casing or metal in your case, is that reliable? I just want to be ultra safe and want as much knowledge as possible.

just attach the clip to a metal object like your case for example and youd be good you can also plug it into the ground plug in a socket as well.

askdjfasdf

static electricity + electronics = bad.

Though I personally have never used an anti-static wrist strap or grounded myself on a plugged in power supply before/when working on a PC, and have never broken anything by doing that. (I work on them in my room, which has a carpet floor, and I wear socks while doing it too :P)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

static electricity + electronics = bad.

Though I personally have never used an anti-static wrist strap or grounded myself on a plugged in power supply before/when working on a PC, and have never broken anything by doing that. (I work on them in my room, which has a carpet floor, and I wear socks while doing it too :P)

Brave or stupid, you've been successful and I respect that. :D

I just touch my case

CPU: i5-6600k @ 4.4GHz | Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury | GPU: Asus Strix GTX 980 | Case: NZXT Noctis 450 Red/Black | Storage: 256GB Sandisk SSD + 1TB Western Digital HDD | PSU: EVGA 750w | Monitor: ASUS VS247H | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Keyboard: $15 Cheapo Rubber Dome Keyboard | Mouse: Rosewill RGM-300

Linus Tech Tips Pebble (and Pebble Time) notifier watchface!

I built my first one on carpet in socks without any protection, maybe I just got lucky but I have never esd'd a part. I just make it habit to touch my case every so often.

Rose's are red violets are blue, without computers I'd know not what to do.

Brave or stupid, you've been successful and I respect that. :D

Not really stupid, moreso brave as I honestly don't give two shits about static as it has not harmed any pc components that I have had yet.

Only thing I've experienced with static is pain when you touch metal or another person/thing. (Somehow was all staticy today getting home from school, went to turn my monitor on and touched the connector of my phones charging cable on accident as it is right next to my monitor, and got a nice shock from that :P )

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W