2x GTX Titan's v 3x GTX 780's on 5760x1080 res.

Hi  im batman, im here to ask you guys about something that im not sure at.

here i will give you my system specs;
*i7 3930k OC'ed to 4.5Ghz +*
*Asus p9x79 Pro Motherboard*
*Corsair h100i Watercooler*
*Corsair 600T White case *
*Corsair AX1200i *
*16GB Corsair Platinum DDR3 2133 Mhz RAM (4x4) *
*2TB Western Digital Caviar Black HDD *
*240GB corsair Neutron series GTX SSD*

as you guys can tell theres something missing ''video card'' im going to be gaming in 3x @1080projectors monitors and i want a future proof video card(s) im planning on useing this system for a while witch one of these would be better for me;

2xGTX Titans or 3xGTX 780s 
(my main concern is the 3gb frame buffer on gtx 780 s)

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

1 titan  or 2 780s for 1080p, now adays you dont need that much horsepower to run 1080p or vram

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Hi my name im batman, im here to ask you guys about something that im not sure at.

here i will give you my system specs;

*i7 3930k OC'ed to 4.5Ghz +*

*Asus p9x79 Pro Motherboard*

*Corsair h100i Watercooler*

*Corsair 600T White case *

*Corsair AX1200i *

*16GB Corsair Platinum DDR3 2133 Mhz RAM (4x4) *

*2TB Western Digital Caviar Black HDD *

*240GB corsair Neutron series GTX SSD*

as you guys can tell theres something missing ''video card'' im going to be gaming in 3x @1080projectors monitors and i want a future proof video card(s) im planning on useing this system for a while witch one of these would be better for me;

2xGTX Titans or 3xGTX 780s 

(my main concern is the 3gb frame buffer on gtx 780 s)

I would go with SLI Titan's. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

i would say 3 way 780s

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

If you can afford it I would go titans BUT for cheap Like two 780s should be good enough, LIKE WAY GOOD ENOUGH let alone three :)

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

You dont even need 3 sli 780's, i would go for two 780's, dont know about you but i think that's good

if you go for 3x780 you might get problems when playing games with very detailed textures on 5760x1080, since the 3 gigs of vram maybe wont be enough. but thats probably more like a future issue. however, with 2x Titan your safe and wont run out of memory to soon. both choices are veery beast =)

Wait for 780's with more VRAM to hit the market or alternatively go for the Titans.

PC in Profile

Wait for 780's with more VRAM to hit the market or alternatively go for the Titans.

is it out that there will be 780s with more vram? i guess a 780 with about 6 gigs of vram would not be quite different from a gtx titan, and vram is quite expensive. so there probably wouldnt be too much difference in prices between those two

Titan's it'll perform slightly wose than the 780's , But the Extra Vram is more ''futureproof'' you could say , if there are any 780's with 6 GB get those ofc but i don't think those are going to come due to it's similarities with the titan

Interested in Business and Technology

1 titan  or 2 780s for 1080p, now adays you dont need that much horsepower to run 1080p or vram

He said 5760x1080. that is 3 1080p monitors in "Surround" or "Eyefinity"

I'd say 2 titans since 2 cards scale better than 3, also more Vram

Old shit no one cares about but me.

Don't count on anyone making a 780 with 6GB of VRAM.  The chance of that happening is so unlikely it's not worth considering.  Nvidia is probably not going to allow anyone to do it since it would essentially made the 780 a Titan.

CPU: i7 6850K RAM: 64GB 3200Mhz Mobo: EVGA Micro2 PSU: EVGA P2 850W GPU: EVGA 1080 Ti FE

Case: Fractal Design Node 804 Cooler: NH-D15S

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 256GBSandisk Ultra II 960GB

I'd just use 1 6gb titan and you'll be set for life! and save your money for something else

Like i mentioned at the start the question is moslty:Will 3gb Vram be a issue in the future cause i will be keeing this system for some time and after spending so much money i dont want to have problems cause of 3gb ram im pretty sure 3 780 s has more horsepower but with the realse of new consoles and them having alot of vram and stuff i think games will use more vram thats why im consurned and im leaning to titans more.

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

ive searched it and seen a post from nVidia saying ''we dont let manufacturers make a more than 3gb 780 model''

ive searched it and seen a post from nVidia saying ''we dont let manufacturers make a more than 3gb 780 model''

Games today won't use more than 2.6GB of VRAM in games, but that may increase in later games. Its your call whether you want to take that risk or no.

PC in Profile

Also, with 3 780s, more noise and power consumption, and 3 way SLI doesn't scale as good as 2 way. 

Old shit no one cares about but me.

He said 5760x1080. that is 3 1080p monitors in "Surround" or "Eyefinity"

I'd say 2 titans since 2 cards scale better than 3, also more Vram

Well, they tested 4K with up to 4 Titans (I think).

They scaled pretty evenly on almost all games. The efficiency of adding another card never went down more than a few (2-3) percent and sometimes actually went up.

And the crazy thing is that they were testing it at 8K resolutions (technically).

I would still go with 2 cards (better futureproofing with 6GB of VRAM), but SLI/Crossfire has come a long way. It's a lot better of an option than it used to be.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.