Steam Accounts hacked or stolen problems

About eight days ago, my 5 years old Steam account was stolen or locked.

During the night, someone tried to access my account from another machine located in Russia. I noticed the emails later that day.

There were two messages with a code to confirm the remote access which I did not used.

There were about four messages from Steam in only about 4-5 minutes.

The last one was saying that my email had been successfully replaced. There also was a letter code included. It said that if it was me that did this I should click on the link to lock my account which I did immediately.

Previous to that, I had tried to access my account with no success. I tried to recuperate the forgotten password. When I did this, it was telling me that an email was sent but did not get nothing, so it was probably going to the hacker's account.

I then immediately changed my email password.

None of my computers were turned on that night so it could not ne from me. I also scanned both the main computers in case but all was clean.

I then went to Steam support, I used another email to open a ticket.

I supplied all they asked for, name of account, email used, proof of purchase (Paypal) when I acquired that account, more proof of games bought etc.

It has been more than a week and Steam is not even responding.

After a couple of days I tried sending a message to Gaben at Valve. Nothing back.

I use Lastpass, every site I go has a 10 digit different password. I scan my machines regularly. I don't have friends on Steam and I never exchanged or gave nothing away.

I am totally desperate. I have lost not only access but probably more than 2000$ worth of games and Steam is in no way even responding to confirm they got the ticket.

I feel like suing them, this is grand theft.

Has anyone ever had similar problems with their Steam account?

Would it be possible for Linus and Luke to have a segment concerning Steam and security and mostly their terrible customer support?

I just fell like a part of myself has been stolen, this is insane.

If I don't get my account back the way it was I will keep on posting all over the web how bad and terrible Steam is.

I posted on their Twitter support account, no answer.

WTF is going on with Steam?

I think I will sell my computers and quit.

I not only spent a fortune in games but also on a machine to play the games that I cannot use anymore.

PS   I never saw any other signs that my email was hacked by the way.

Don't sell your PCs and quit, be a man or strive to be and deal with the situation at hand. Be truthful to steam and accept any penalties for any wrong doings on your part, not saying you have done anything wrong, i'm just saying.

Steam takes a while before getting on to you so be patient, also, make sure to make a steam support account, if you have not done so already, and generate a support ticket about your problem and be very detailed.

In the mean time go outside and play some sport or just do some jogging and get fit. 

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

It took me a month to get my dads steam account back, as long as you can provide proof of the games and the last ones you bright you should be fine

I do not think I was negligent.

And no I did not do anything wrong and never will.

So I have to maybe wait ONE month?

That is what I call terrible support.

My password was a mix of numbers and letters caps and not caps the whole chibang.

I just don't see how it could have happened.

I am trying hard to relax and forget about Steam bad support.

I miss the good old days of buying physical disks and being able to play locally without internet access.