New AMD Processors?

JoshM

Hi everyone, i was just looking around at my usual websites looking for deals and crap like that when i came across this:

http://www.mwave.com.au/product/sku-ab49988-amd_fx9370_8_core_black_edition_44ghz_47ghz_turbo_processor

And this:

http://www.mwave.com.au/product/sku-ab49992-amd_fx9590_8_core_black_edition_47ghz_50ghz_turbo_processor

Wondering if anyone has more info on these haha,

Cheers!

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

That best CPU should be faster than 3970x. (I am not beliving that,but hopefully it is).

It's not, it's a 5.0 GHz 8350, you're just paying for the binning process. Love AMD, understand why they would charge $1.1k but it's not a good deal. 

That best CPU should be faster than 3970x. (I am not beliving that,but hopefully it is).

Well they may finally give a bit of competition to intels extreme editions

These aren't supposed to be for sale to the general public. interesting. 

Yer that is interesting, have you got more info on them?

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

These won't compete with the extreme editions. As I've said, they're 8350s that are binned to be able to hit 5.0 Ghz. They're just overclocked 8350s and even at 5.0 ghz an 8350 can't compete with the 3970x chips. The silicon was never designed for that anyway. 

ajoy39, on 03 Jul 2013 - 07:49 AM, said:

These won't compete with the extreme editions. As I've said, they're 8350s that are binned to be able to hit 5.0 Ghz. They're just overclocked 8350s and even at 5.0 ghz an 8350 can't compete with the 3970x chips. The silicon was never designed for that anyway.

Quite to the contrary, the 5Ghz CPU performs very closely to the 3970X from intel.

http://translate.google.de/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pcgameshardware.de%2FFX-9590-CPU-257460%2FTests%2FAMD-FX-9590-Centurion-Test-1073781%2F

But it does consume more power & outputs more heat, so that's a drawback.

hey did amd say what kind of board u will need to get for these chips

amd fx 6300  @4.4ghz @1.4/ga-970a-ud3/HD78702gb /antec 620w psu

I don't think AMD has come out and stated which boards will suit though, If they have I can't seem to find it.

It's an AM3+ socketed processor, in theory any AM3+ board with a 990FX chipset will support these. In practice, you're looking at the Asus Formula-Z and comparable high end overclocking boards.

Quite to the contrary, the 5Ghz CPU performs very closely to the 3970X from intel.

http://translate.google.de/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pcgameshardware.de%2FFX-9590-CPU-257460%2FTests%2FAMD-FX-9590-Centurion-Test-1073781%2F

But it does consume more power & outputs more heat, so that's a drawback.

It says right in the review that these are simulated results, not actual test results. They don't have one of the Centurion chips, nor did they overclock their 8350 to 5.0 to get the results. 

As I stated above

right, I'm just saying any high end AM3+ board will support these processors. AMD hasn't released which boards those are because A) It's not hard to figure out and B) these chips are OEM only, you aren't supposed to be able to buy them at retail. So the OEMs are the only ones that need to have a comprehensive list of which boards they can use. 

It says right in the review that these are simulated results, not actual test results. They don't have one of the Centurion chips, nor did they overclock their 8350 to 5.0 to get the results.

So is it a different architecture?

So is it a different architecture?

No. It is the Vishera architecture. Basically these chips are just cherry picked 8350s. 

But unless you're willing to fork out a grand for a processor, these aren't really of our concern though.

The real draw is with the upcoming Steamroller that hopefully turns out well (And supports DDR4...)

Nope that is all we know. :)

It's not, it's a 5.0 GHz 8350, you're just paying for the binning process. Love AMD, understand why they would charge $1.1k but it's not a good deal.

No this is not that 5Ghz 8350.

Steamroller is new architecture from AMD and it is coming maybe in next year.

hmm of all places i did not expect it to be on an Australian website btw im from australia and we usually dont get new technology items until like at least a month.

yea thats true i hate that

amd fx 6300  @4.4ghz @1.4/ga-970a-ud3/HD78702gb /antec 620w psu

hmm of all places i did not expect it to be on an Australian website btw im from australia and we usually dont get new technology items until like at least a month.

And we certainly don't get them discounted.  Can't remember the last time I saw an Australian retailer discount a pc part below the RRP.

Maybe this website is a scam?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

But unless you're willing to fork out a grand for a processor, these aren't really of our concern though.

The real draw is with the upcoming Steamroller that hopefully turns out well (And supports DDR4...)

or 400 AUD.

And we certainly don't get them discounted.  Can't remember the last time I saw an Australian retailer discount a pc part below the RRP.

Maybe this website is a scam?

no mwave is legit.

something interesting to note

REQUIRES LIQUID COOLING KIT

and I don'y think it means an H80.

doubt you could get away with anything less than a 240 mm radiator with NF-F12's (water 2.0 extreme/ H220/Kraken X60/Seidon 240m/eisberg 240l/h100/h110)

buying one of these I'd consider buying an H220/Eisgberg 240l and an additional 120/240mm radiator just to be sure.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Oh wow, interesting find, i didn't even know these existed  :P

@JoshM

supposedly these had been posted in the U.S as well at some point on pcsuperstore.com for $349 and $920 USD.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

No this is not that 5Ghz 8350.

Steamroller is new architecture from AMD and it is coming maybe in next year.

These are not Steamroller CPUs, these were announced at computex, and they are Vishera cores clocked at 5.0