HDD won't register?

Beeeyeee
Go to solution Solved by tmlhalo,

Start, type disk management, open.
Select GPT if prompted.

Find the black bar with matching size and serial to the HDD in the middle section.

Select then right click on it, select new simple volume.

Follow on screen wizard and leave most of the defaults.

I would recommend giving it a name (label) and you WILL have to assign it a drive path. Such as H for HDD or whatever else you want to use.

When installing programs just hit custom install and when it asks for install location C:\Program files\etc change to H:\Program files\etc.

Hello, I just helped my friend build his first PC (it was my first time building one too, but i basically know how to do it), but we ran into a couple problems. first off, here the build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/r99kmG

we have a 240GB samsung SSD that the OS and applications are on, and a 1TB WD blue HDD. when we were in the Gigabyte Bios, it asked whether we wanted to boot to the SSD or HDD, obviously we chose the SSD. the problem is, when I go into the devices, it won't show the HDD anywhere. it shows the C: drive - the SSD, and the D: drive - the DVD drive, but nothing else.

the other problem, is that everything runs very smooth until every once in a while there are small, not very frequent freezes in performance. like everything just stops for a split second and continues like nothing ever happened. what is this all about?

Select GPT if prompted.

Find the black bar with matching size and serial to the HDD in the middle section.

I would recommend giving it a name (label) and you WILL have to assign it a drive path. Such as H for HDD or whatever else you want to use.

When installing programs just hit custom install and when it asks for install location C:\Program files\etc change to H:\Program files\etc.

Select GPT if prompted.

thank you very much good sir! you've saved me a buttload of sadness.