Some 'House of Cards' viewers do whatever it takes to watch

I think torrenting in countries where Netflix is available is wrong, but what about countries that don't have, and probably will never have Netflix? How are they going to watch it? It still isn't right, but I understand why they do it, and won't fault them for it. Just saying.

Just closing off your argument with the reasoning that theft is unjustifiable is a bit close-minded, don't you think?

I think torrenting in countries where Netflix is available is wrong, but what about countries that don't have, and probably will never have Netflix? How are they going to watch it? It still isn't right, but I understand why they do it, and won't fault them for it. Just saying.

Just closing off your argument with the reasoning that theft is unjustifiable is a bit close-minded, don't you think?

Maybe it's because I know people whose careers have come close to being destroyed by piracy (an author that I know) that I'm so against it...

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

So because you don't get enough money means that people that work 9 to 5 should have to pay more because you don't pay for it.

Pirates drive up prices because not enough people buy and those that do aren't paying enough to make the company money.

You wouldn't walk into Walmart and steal the boxset of your favourite show and justify it by saying.. eh sorry I don't have any money BUT I SHOULD BE ABLE TO WATCH IT BECAUSE MY LIFE IS SHIT!

No. Get out. 

Very close minded.

There are countries that will probably never have Netflix, like Hong Kong. Where I live. And DVDs here are extremely expensive because they import it from the States. Stores here drive up the prices REALLY high.

If there was Netflix here, I'd gladly pay for it as well, but we don't. And I won't waste it like you do.

Don't be a dick and just close your mind off like that. 

Maybe it's because I know people whose careers have come close to being destroyed by piracy (an author that I know) that I'm so against it...

That's understandable.

But we don't really have any other way to get it here.

Sure, if it was torrented there, where it was made, of course it'll affect those people, but if it's in a country where there is no market for it, then probably not...

Honestly? Netflix should be here, it would be awesome.

Firstly I have netflix. I was talking about Piracy you idiot. End of the day you cant stop piracy so they just find a business plan that generate them money. There is no point in arguging with a fool that has netflixs but does not use it at all.

And thats a problem. Thats why netflix should find a way to fixs this issue. House of cards is a Netflix show.

Alright.

A lot of people on here are quite young which would find this comment stupid. XenZibe you dont see the "bigger picture" maybe because you're around 18 still living with your parents. You pay for netflix and you dont use it? You just blow money for no reason? Not eveyone can do that. We dont have parents to throw money at us.

I am 18. I have a well paying job. I have money saved up. I get no money from my parents, I give them money instead to help pay for bills such as the house.

I stayed in Education. I did my time and I got a decent job out of it. It is not my fault that I did well for my self. My dad is in manual, painting, engineering works for a local firm. My mum works in a shop doing cashier work.

So yeah, They don't get much money. I pay them as much as I can because I appreciate the upbringing I have had. I value the work that other people create. I appreciate the fact that there are actors out there who slave away day in day out producing content that I watch for £7.99 a month. I'll take that any day of the week.

You seem upset that I have destroyed your thoughts.

It is not Okay to pirate. I see the point on if you do it overseas where you cannot watch the footage but I still expect you to buy it when it comes out in your country.

This is all about morals. You have none.

Very close minded.

There are countries that will probably never have Netflix, like Hong Kong. Where I live. And DVDs here are extremely expensive because they import it from the States. Stores here drive up the prices REALLY high.

If there was Netflix here, I'd gladly pay for it as well, but we don't. And I won't waste it like you do.

Don't be a dick and just close your mind off like that.

Please see my post on Page 1. I removed my statement and said that it was understandable as long as you pay for it when it comes out in your country.

The prices are high.. Okay... So that means you should steal it?

Please see my post on Page 1. I removed my statement and said that it was understandable as long as you pay for it when it comes out in your country.

The prices are high.. Okay... So that means you should steal it?

With the prices they give here, they're robbing us. When the DVDs are for shows that are clearly popular, they put a premium on them. Far cry from whatever price you pay for your precious Netflix, which you apparently take for granted.

Like I said, I'll pay for Netflix if it ever does arrive.

How much are your DVD sets over there? If they add another 30-50 bucks on top of it, and that extra cost doesn't go back to whoever made the show, but just as extra profit for the store itself, would you still pay for it? You're clearly getting screwed, but because you have such high morals you'd gladly bend over. 

With the prices they give here, they're robbing us. When the DVDs are for shows that are clearly popular, they put a premium on them. Far cry from whatever price you pay for your precious Netflix, which you apparently take for granted.

Like I said, I'll pay for Netflix if it ever does arrive.

How much are your DVD sets over there? If they add another 30-50 bucks on top of it, and that extra cost doesn't go back to whoever made the show, but just as extra profit for the store itself, would you still pay for it? You're clearly getting screwed, but because you have such high morals you'd gladly bend over. 

Have you ever looked at the price and broke it down?

Our box sets are about £50 depending on the show of course.

There are many things to take into consideration. - Asking price from retailer, Asking price from supplier, Asking price from the creator, Price for import, Price government, taxes.

I bet if you broke down the price it would make sense.

I say this as someone who has spent...

230 on Entourage on Bluray 

270 on Lost on Bluray

300 on James Bond 50th 

And many other complete/collectors editions of movies and shows.

Stop being cheap. If you have it available, buy it. Don't use some nonsense excuse to steal it. Can I come to your workpalce and say "Yea, I'd like to have that but I don't want to pay for it so fuck you, I'm going to steal it". No. I don't. I'd actually go to jail for that. 

Its just this generation more than the last thinking they are "owed" the content for free because...why not? Especially North Americans. Its positively disgusting when people I know try to rationalize piracy. You're pirates. Admit it. Stop making bullshit excuses for it. 

Have you ever looked at the price and broke it down?

Our box sets are about £50 depending on the show of course.

There are many things to take into consideration. - Asking price from retailer, Asking price from supplier, Asking price from the creator, Price for import, Price government, taxes.

I bet if you broke down the price it would make sense.

Jesus, I know that. They still add a lot more on top for themselves for fun, because they know people will BE DESPERATE ENOUGH TO BUY IT. If you knew what the situation is like over here you would understand.

Which is my whole point, you should try to understand other people's situations... not just close it all off like that, it's not as black and white as you might think.

Trust me, if Netflix were here, this wouldn't be an issue.

Jesus, I know that. They still add a lot more on top for themselves for fun, because they know people will BE DESPERATE ENOUGH TO BUY IT. If you knew what the situation is like over here you would understand.

Which is my whole point, you should try to understand other people's situations... not just close it all off like that, it's not as black and white as you might think.

Trust me, if Netflix were here, this wouldn't be an issue.

I do understand peoples situations. But instead of stealing it how about you campaign and inform your local MP's or government officials in getting the matter resolved?

You do whatever you need to in order to watch the glorious Kevin Spacey!

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I do understand peoples situations. But instead of stealing it how about you campaign and inform your local MP's or government officials in getting the matter resolved?

I'm not sure if you know what's been going on over here, but we've been in the midst of protests... rather not say why... but a quick search will let you know...

I'm pretty sure our government has other really serious things to worry about right now.

Look, I'm not trying to condone Piracy, it's wrong, plain and simple. But I wouldn't blame them either.

I'm not sure if you know what's been going on over here, but we've been in the midst of protests... rather not say why... but a quick search will let you know...

I'm pretty sure our government has other really serious things to worry about right now.

Look, I'm not trying to condone Piracy, it's wrong, plain and simple. But I wouldn't blame them either.

Where you from?

How is it amazing or shocking that a large number of downloads come from the US where as little as 5mbps is not uncommon to be the best option in an area? I'd like to see comparative stats on download per capita from Scandinavia, Netherlands or Germany, who have Netflix but where almost nobody have worse than 20mbps down and 5mbps up; and compare that directly to the download per capita of the US and Canada, which both have third-world internet infrastructure in vast areas.

"Tens of thousands more from UK, Netherlands, France etc." sounds like a really low number, so how that is a bad thing is a headscratcher. This is all angled as a bad thing, but actually reading the numbers, it sounds like piracy is lower than it ever was.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Hong Kong.

DVD Price $129.99 HKD

That's £10 my money.

That's the same as me :/

Your minimum wages are at £2.5 which is lower than us at £6.50 depending on age of course. But again that then depends on your food prices and other things. I have not taken them into account.

By reviewing HMV Hong Kong your prices are the same as the UK.

DVD Price $129.99 HKD

That's £10 my money.

That's the same as me :/

Your minimum wages are at £2.5 which is lower than us at £6.50 depending on age of course. But again that then depends on your food prices and other things. I have not taken them into account.

By reviewing HMV Hong Kong your prices are the same as the UK.

That's only half the story.

Check out the general economy here, we are one of the most expensive cities in the world to live in. Everything is way more expensive...

HMV has good prices, when they are available. Either that or we go to our local shops, which is who I'm referring to.

But lots of people have it worse here. So if they can't afford it because they have to survive, then I'm okay with it.

Have you checked out why we've been having protests here? Especially the recent ones? You'll know what I mean.

STOLE

first of all inform your self before saying something very stupid like that. piracy is not THEFT. not even the us court doesn`t label pirated content as theft.

theft is when you remove a physical good from its owner possesion and have in yours. extremely different 

even in canada its legal to download copyright content. it is however illegal to distribute them.

first of all inform your self before saying something very stupid like that. piracy is not THEFT. not even the us court doesn`t label pirated content as theft.

theft is when you remove a physical good from its owner possesion and have in yours. extremely different 

even in canada its legal to download copyright content. it is however illegal to distribute them.

Oh please don't get started on the technicalities.

It is theft. There is nothing different from taking a DVD from a shop that you didn't buy and taking a DVD from the pirate bay that you didn't buy.

Oh please don't get started on the technicalities.

It is theft. There is nothing different from taking a DVD from a shop that you didn't buy and taking a DVD from the pirate bay that you didn't buy.

no it is not theft. taking a physical good from a shop is theft yes. but downloading copywright content is not. because its not a physical good. not even counterfeiting isn`t theft. so just do your homework before saying its theft .couse its not

no it is not theft. taking a physical good from a shop is theft yes. but downloading copywright content is not. because its not a physical good. not even counterfeiting isn`t theft. so just do your homework before saying its theft .couse its not

Wow. 

It is intellectual Property. You taking it without permission is theft. Know what, I'll just link everything below in hopes you read it. You probs won't because you so far have been this ignorant of the facts and answers I am providing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellectual_property

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/white_collar/ipr/ipr

https://forensiccontrol.com/computer-forensics/intellectual-property-theft/

http://www.ncpc.org/topics/intellectual-property-theft

Wow. 

It is intellectual Property. You taking it without permission is theft. Know what, I'll just link everything below in hopes you read it. You probs won't because you so far have been this ignorant of the facts and answers I am providing.

it not theft . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright

we arent talking about a physical good. its extremely different

no court labels piracy as theft

Edited by s3ns3

Wow. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellectual_property

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/white_collar/ipr/ipr

https://forensiccontrol.com/computer-forensics/intellectual-property-theft/

http://www.ncpc.org/topics/intellectual-property-theft

Are some people more entitled to watch a show than others? Fuck no. When the provider has restricted the availability, then people who have no access have no reason not to pirate. They have the same right to enjoy a show than others, it's the problem of provider, not the consumer. The consumer should not pay for something, that was not made available for him in the first place.

And FYI, I live in Estonia and basically nothing gets here, so I pirate it. Simple as that. I want to enjoy good shows, but if the provider doesn't care to have expenses on providing it to me directly, I have no intention to give them any money as well. 

Also, PIRATING IS NOT THEFT. Theft requires one party to lose an object and the other party to obtain it. Pirating is just copying the original without an actual theft.

And some people who pirate, dont actually have the money to pay for the cinema tickets or for similar things. So when pirating was taken away from them, they still wouldnt go out and spend money to see a show or a movie. So taken this into account, pirating just allows them to enjoy their free time in a good way.

When people don't have any direct access to the content, they pirate it. That is the way it supposed to be.

Besides, do we really want to emulate Francis? He sure gets what he wants, but still seems like a miserable sod in the end heading for a fate in the same vein as Walter White if I had to guess now.

When your ISP comes to take away your connection due to piracy...

He is the one who knocks ;)