Galaxy S6 Achieves Monstrously High Benchmark Scores, Leaves HTC One M9 In The Dust

wirelesss-show-flagship-phone.jpg

I take these with a grain of salt, given how Samsung has a penchant for milking benchmarks and straight up optimizing their phones for benchmark applications. That being said, if you're interested in the scores here are the videos. It certainly does deliver a whooping to the others, though is it enough of a whooping that people care? Will the classic "Samsung Sluggishness" bite them in the ass again, like it has on prior Galaxy devices? 

It almost goes without saying, but benchmarks are not everything. These numbers don't always tell you how a device will perform, but they do tell you something. Right now the Galaxy S6 is telling us that Samsung's new Exynos chip is very, very fast. It's putting up AnTuTu scores of nearly 70,000, well above the values produced by devices like the LG G3, Nexus 6, LG G Flex 2, and even the new HTC One M9.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlV0naJ3ZHo

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/03/02/galaxy-s6-achieves-monstrously-high-benchmark-scores-leaves-htc-one-m9-in-the-dust/

But can the new Exynos chip beat S820?

Meh. We've seen this from Samsung before and yet their phones always seem more sluggish than the competitors out in the real world.

I'll probably play with it at the store to see how I like it, but it would take a lot for Samsung to convince me to buy any of their phones again after a terrible ownership experience with the S3.

Turnip OC'd to 3Hz on air

But can the new Exynos chip beat S820?

probably but we will know in a year or so

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Meh. We've seen this from Samsung before and yet their phones always seem more sluggish than the competitors out in the real world.

I'll probably play with it at the store to see how I like it, but it would take a lot for Samsung to convince me to buy any of their phones again after a terrible ownership experience with the S3.

The S3 was my go to phone forever until I replaced it with my note 4 because it was faster than other phones. I only see people complain about the s3 on this forum. Others loved it

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

I really don't care. Above something like a snapdragon 600 the performance gains in normal use are minimal. Unless you use it to play games it's completely useless and a waste of battery.

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~

Probably a mix of a smaller processing node, at 14nm than the 20nm used on the S810, and samsung optimising the test devices for benchmarks that's resulted in this. Iexpected the exynos chip to be slightly ahead as it's more efficient and slightly higher clocked than the one M9, but this is in the realms of the ridiculous. Only the Nvidia tegra X1 has a score that high.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

The S3 was my go to phone forever until I replaced it with my note 4 because it was faster than other phones. I only see people complain about the s3 on this forum. Others loved it

Yeah honestly its one of the best phones ever made, not perfect but it brought android into the forefront of the mobile space

Galaxy S3

iPhone 4

Motorola Razr

iPhone 1

and HTC One M7

those are probably my top 5

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

The S3 was an amazing phone :D

It really brought up Android's market share by like a lot.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Cant wait for this phone! but yeah I agree there is a ot of key stuff missing :( 

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

My bro told me about this phone, it sounds to good to be true. We'll have to wait and see I guess

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken