Strange Happenings on my S3

Canio22

So usually I get about 10-12 hours battery life from my phone if I'm lucky, however the last week or so it has been getting over a full day, hell I managed to do two whole days and still have 40% battery at the end.

I'm posting this as I'm worried that it might be damaging my phone / battery. I haven't restarted my phone however because, who the hell want's to have less than a days worth of battery with doing absolutely nothing on it. I mean the most I used to do was load up chrome to check bus times. Now I'm able to watch YouTube, play full on games, watch more youtube (4hrs total) and use about 10% battery if that?

I'm still running the stock battery that came with the phone over 2 years ago. (Bought it new)

If it's worth mentioning I've been running a custom ROM for almost a year, 4.4 KitKat. (Couldn't stand Samsung's junk on it, however the phone itself is good)

Any ideas?

post-8918-0-89344400-1425289845_thumb.pn

Intel i7 4790k | Corsair H110i GTX | MSI Z97S Krait | 16GB HyperX Fury | ASUS Strix GTX 970 | Samsung 850 EVO 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB Hybrid SSHD | WD 3TB Green | Corsair TX750M | 

Corsair Graphite 760t White | 3x AOC i2267Fwh 21.5 inch IPS Monitor 1080p | Corsair Raptor k50 RGB | Logitech G500 | Blue Snowball

Any ideas?

You probably had a wakelock that fixed itself(Samsung phones usually have these problems). I have a Sprint S3 running the stock Kitkat ROM, and I can get 2 days on my stock battery normally, but when I've had wakelocks it cuts the battery life down a lot. I wouldn't be worried, actually be glad that you can get over a day :).

You probably had a wakelock that fixed itself(Samsung phones usually have these problems). I have a Sprint S3 running the stock Kitkat ROM, and I can get 2 days on my stock battery normally, but when I've had wakelocks it cuts the battery life down a lot. I wouldn't be worried, actually be glad that you can get over a day :).

wakelock? Not heard of one of those before. And it's only been over the last week. Only thing that has changed since then is that I moved House.

However one thing that gets me is that a 30min YouTube video used to use 20-30% Battery however now all it uses is about 3% if that.

Intel i7 4790k | Corsair H110i GTX | MSI Z97S Krait | 16GB HyperX Fury | ASUS Strix GTX 970 | Samsung 850 EVO 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB Hybrid SSHD | WD 3TB Green | Corsair TX750M | 

Corsair Graphite 760t White | 3x AOC i2267Fwh 21.5 inch IPS Monitor 1080p | Corsair Raptor k50 RGB | Logitech G500 | Blue Snowball

wakelock? Not heard of one of those before. However one thing that gets me is that a 30min YouTube video used to use 20-30% Battery however now all it uses is about 3% if that.

Yeah, a wakelock is a process or app that keeps your phone from sleeping, so it makes your phone run at full speed all the time(and in return wrecks your battery life). Maybe you had a wakelock or YouTube had an update to make it more efficient? 

So usually I get about 10-12 hours battery life from my phone if I'm lucky, however the last week or so it has been getting over a full day, hell I managed to do two whole days and still have 40% battery at the end.

I'm posting this as I'm worried that it might be damaging my phone / battery. I haven't restarted my phone however because, who the hell want's to have less than a days worth of battery with doing absolutely nothing on it. I mean the most I used to do was load up chrome to check bus times. Now I'm able to watch YouTube, play full on games, watch more youtube (4hrs total) and use about 10% battery if that?

I'm still running the stock battery that came with the phone over 2 years ago. (Bought it new)

If it's worth mentioning I've been running a custom ROM for almost a year, 4.4 KitKat. (Couldn't stand Samsung's junk on it, however the phone itself is good)

Any ideas?

Maybe an actual answer instead of a troll video would be nice.

Any ideas?

It could be due to an update. You could always clear the cache and see if that helps. That helped the life of my droid turbo. I recognize your problem isn't losing life its getting it. Have you uninstalled any apps lately? Often times apps run in the background and you may have uninstalled a particularly hungry one. Also, check GPS and Bluetooth settings. those are often battery killers that you may have turned off. Heres a link to clearing the cache http://www.androidpit.com/how-to-clear-cache-galaxy-s3

Does not having a second parenthesis around something bother anyone else as much as it does me? (Like if this statement was missing a second side)

No reason to complain. It doesn't harm your phone in any noticeable way to be using more or less of the battery over the period of a day, aside from the inconvenience of having to charge it. 

"Rawr XD"