Need Cheap 4790k (can be used)

I am looking to upgrade my system. My dad said that he'll do it if I can make a new PC from my old CPU/Motherboard. I have an extra stick of 4GB, 500GB HDD, PSU, and GTX 650 as well as a case. All I need is a good deal a 4790k to proceed. Also I don't care if it's used. I did find some good deals on the motherboard over on eBay for ~$100 so I just need a solid 4790k. So far I found one for $279 at Microcenter.

I am looking to upgrade my system. My dad said that he'll do it if I can make a new PC from my old CPU/Motherboard. I have an extra stick of 4GB, 500GB HDD, PSU, and GTX 650 as well as a case. All I need is a good deal a 4790k to proceed. Also I don't care if it's used. I did find some good deals on the motherboard over on eBay for ~$100 so I just need a solid 4790k. So far I found one for $279 at Microcenter.

You might also want to look at 4770K/3770K, becasue not many people are going to sell the 4790K, as it's pretty new.

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

already checked and I've never gotten a reply on there before

Then why did you make this thread then? I don't understand.

Your going to be hard pressed to find a 4790k for less then micro center prices new or used

you may want to look at a 4770k or an i5 4690k for cheaper prices 

Then why did you make this thread then? I don't understand.

To see if somebody could find a killer deal for me, doesn't hurt to ask

To see if somebody could find a killer deal for me, doesn't hurt to ask

We have a Hot Deals section. If there's a deal somewhere, it'll get posted there.

Your going to be hard pressed to find a 4790k for less then micro center prices new or used

you may want to look at a 4770k or an i5 4690k for cheaper prices 

Yeah I could get the 4960k for $200, I guess that's a much better value. Also, is it worth it to jump from an FX-6300 to this for $300 and get another PC out of it?

already checked and I've never gotten a reply on there before

Lol, so hot deals section? Not to mention this is kinda out of format.

But anywho, just keep searching while I'm sure some of our american members will find a hot deal for ya. ;D

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

Yeah I could get the 4960k for $200, I guess that's a much better value. Also, is it worth it to jump from an FX-6300 to this for $300 and get another PC out of it?

The fx 6300 is not nearly as good as the i5 4690k

The fx 6300 is not nearly as good as the i5 4690k

Yeah that's what I figured. My dad is one of those people who thinks i7 is the best no matter what and doesn't take price for performance into account. He said that "it's not ideal." I don't think that he get's the concept of overclocking too well. Well I guess I'm going to have to persuade him now. 

Yeah that's what I figured. My dad is one of those people who thinks i7 is the best no matter what and doesn't take price for performance into account. He said that "it's not ideal." I don't think that he get's the concept of overclocking too well. Well I guess I'm going to have to persuade him now.

If he has his heart set on i7 talk him into a 5960x

I am the one who goes bump in the night... usually making a sandwich.

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo White - Motherboard: ASUS X99 Deluxe - CPU: Intel i7 5820k - RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 2666mhz ddr4 - GPU: Dual EVGA gtx 980 SSC - PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 750w - Cooler: Custom PETG Loop on cpu and gpus - Storage: 500gb Samsung 850 evo ssd, 2x Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 3tb hdd

If he has his heart set on i7 talk him into a 5960x

Only way would be if I could use DDR3 and get a $100 mobo xD

Only way would be if I could use DDR3 and get a $100 mobo xD

Bah technicalities. With enough duct tape anything is possible. Or if duct tape doesn't match your colour scheme go with the 4690k.

I am the one who goes bump in the night... usually making a sandwich.

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo White - Motherboard: ASUS X99 Deluxe - CPU: Intel i7 5820k - RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 2666mhz ddr4 - GPU: Dual EVGA gtx 980 SSC - PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 750w - Cooler: Custom PETG Loop on cpu and gpus - Storage: 500gb Samsung 850 evo ssd, 2x Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 3tb hdd