Texas Legislators...

Common_Courtesy

So I've seen this article floating around about Texas Legislators celebrating the 10th anniversary of the same-sex marriage ban.  

texas_banniversay_cake_feb_2015.jpg

Fucking cum-guzzling, bed-wetting, degenerates is all I have to say about this. 

Sigh...

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

If that's all you have to say, stay the fuck out of American politics. 

Constructive criticism is one thing, being an asshole is another. I don't agree with their anit-marriage stance either, but it doesnt mean that I have to be rude and name calling.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

So I've seen this article floating around about Texas Legislators celebrating the 10th anniversary of the same-sex marriage ban.  

Texan here, as distasteful as this may be(to me at least) throwing random insults around isn't going to get you anywhere... 

Those Legislators are entitled to their opinion and opinion is something that drives politics... 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Constructive criticism is one thing, being an asshole is another. I don't agree with their anit-marriage stance either, but it doesnt mean that I have to be rude and name calling.

What the fuck is else to say about this, they know that it's wrong, the public knows it's wrong and are starting to vote for change. They are literally just doing for shits and giggles, and to piss people off. They deserve it. 

What the fuck is else to say about this, they know that it's wrong, the public knows it's wrong and are starting to vote for change. They are literally just doing for shits and giggles, and to piss people off. They deserve it. 

They deserve to be voted out of office, unless the public in that area feel that this law is appropriate. In such a case, they deserve to stay in office. True - the cake was an obnoxious way to show the anniversary of the law.

Actually the case here is that you "think" it's wrong, the "public" thinks it's right and wrong... Whats the popular opinion here? Don't let them piss you off then simple as that... 

Not everyone thinks it's wrong, it's a matter of opinion simple as that. What you think is right or wrong may not match what someone else thinks, it's what the popular opinion and consensus is. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

exactly. everyone love free speach until someone disagrees with you.

Im pro gay marriage, but if someone is against it, they have every right. if your pro gay marriage, and it went though, wouldn't you be celebrating?(op)

Because it's not at all possible that they believe it's the right thing to do.

Not that it is, personally I think government has no business in marriage at ALL, other than making sure both parties are consenting and of age. Just saying that they ARE entitled to their opinion, however right or wrong it may be.

(funny thing is, I am against gay marriage but for MUCH different reasons (evolutionary ones) than the rest of their ilk, and simply a "I disagree with the behavior" opinion, not that it should be illegal or anything)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I did find this part of article funny however.

David Pakman, host of the David Pakman Show, mocked the resulting picture that ran on the front cover of the Austin American-Statesman: “It looks like it's a picture of a gay wedding where two guys who have just gotten married are cutting the cake together. And it's just so ironic.”

Yes they were voted in by the majority. Yes they have a right to their own opinion. And the right to free speech.

I will still use my right of free speech to call them a bunch of cunts

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

You don't need to get mad. They live in a word that's changing very quickly with marriage equality. It won't be too long before they loose and those smiles are wiped from their faces. I quite like it when people are like this, because it makes our victory so much more satisfying.

Yes they were voted in by the majority. Yes they have a right to their own opinion. And the right to free speech.

Absolutely

You don't need to get mad. They live in a word that's changing very quickly with marriage equality. It won't be too long before they loose and those smiles are wiped from their faces. I quite like it when people are like this, because it makes our victory so much more satisfying.

Take joy from your victory, not in the defeat of your opponents, it's this thing called "grace"

As much as I am against most of the things "Liberals" are for, they really need to learn some grace, or class. Don't sneer just because you won, don't be an ass, because all it does is make you look like an ass. We're supposed to be a civilization here...

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

They are more or less admitting defeat accord to the article. It seems like it's been deemed unconstitutional. 

Texan here, as distasteful as this may be(to me at least) throwing random insults around isn't going to get you anywhere... 

Those Legislators are entitled to their opinion and opinion is something that drives politics... 

Sorry I didn't mean to offend you, or any other texans. Just these pricks. Sure they are entitled to there opinion as much as the next man, and yeah, you're right. I'm being a immature asshole, at this point I don't fucking care. Shit like this pisses me off so much. Why is this acceptable, you know damn well well that if they where celebrating being racist or sexiest for 10 years they would be shunned, the media would be all over them, hell there would probably be some kind of repercussions. But because it's just the LGBT guys that are getting shat on it just gets brushed under the rug, no one cares. Why is this fine? If equality going to be a thing it needs to fucking be equality and not someone's deluded version of it. I'm not saying that im for SJ, it's just the discrepancy of peoples reactions really.          

Absolutely

Take joy from your victory, not in the defeat of your opponents, it's this thing called "grace"

As much as I am against most of the things "Liberals" are for, they really need to learn some grace, or class. Don't sneer just because you won, don't be an ass, because all it does is make you look like an ass. We're supposed to be a civilization here...

I take joy in both, just maybe a little bit more in their defeat though. This isn't a sporting event, this is a fight against people that not only think it's okay, but also take clearly joy in treating particular people as if they don't deserve the same privileges and rights as them, for no justifiable reason. I couldn't care less about being a sore winner in this regard.

Sorry I didn't mean to offend you, or any other texans. Just these pricks. Sure they are entitled to there opinion as much as the next man, and yeah, you're right. I'm being a immature asshole, at this point I don't fucking care. Shit like this pisses me off so much. Why is this acceptable, you know damn well well that if they where celebrating being racist or sexiest for 10 years they would be shunned, the media would be all over them, hell there would probably be some kind of repercussions. But because it's just the LGBT guys that are getting shat on it just gets brushed under the rug, no one cares. Why is this fine? If equality going to be a thing it needs to fucking be equality and not someone's deluded version of it. I'm not saying that im for SJ, it's just the discrepancy of peoples reactions really.          

Do make note that "Equality" is a ever changing thing. What you think is fair now may be miles away off the mark in the future, it's all about what this generation of people think. I can assure you there are people who are not fine with this, however it is a opinion and everyone has free speech.

Someone's deluded version of equality wouldn't be deluded if it was popular opinion, heck your version of equality may actually seem deluded to others. It is after all "your opinion" of equality. 

They deserve to be voted out of office, unless the public in that area feel that this law is appropriate. In such a case, they deserve to stay in office. True - the cake was an obnoxious way to show the anniversary of the law.

Because it's not at all possible that they believe it's the right thing to do.

Not that it is, personally I think government has no business in marriage at ALL, other than making sure both parties are consenting and of age. Just saying that they ARE entitled to their opinion, however right or wrong it may be.

(funny thing is, I am against gay marriage but for MUCH different reasons (evolutionary ones) than the rest of their ilk, and simply a "I disagree with the behavior" opinion, not that it should be illegal or anything)

exactly. everyone love free speach until someone disagrees with you.

Im pro gay marriage, but if someone is against it, they have every right. if your pro gay marriage, and it went though, wouldn't you be celebrating?(op)

Guys read my post quoting MyInnerFred, it sums up my feeling on this matter far better than the blind rage of my first two posts.

Also @Kyuubixchidori am I not within my rights to use free speech to call these guys assholes.   

Guys read my post quoting MyInnerFred, it sums up my feeling on this matter far better than the blind rage of my first two posts.

Also @Kyuubixchidori am I not within my rights to use free speech to call these guys assholes.   

You are well within your rights :D

Do make note that "Equality" is a ever changing thing. What you think is fair now may be miles away off the mark in the future, it's all about what this generation of people think. I can assure you there are people who are not fine with this, however it is a opinion and everyone has free speech.

Someone's deluded version of equality wouldn't be deluded if it was popular opinion, heck your version of equality may actually seem deluded to others. It is after all "your opinion" of equality. 

Yeah, you're right here as well. Fairness is probably better. Still the point stands, the fact that Homophobia and peoples Homophobic opinions just get pushed aside under "Free Speech" while things like peoples racist opinions are deemed flat out wrong. Why is it such a terrible thing to discriminate against someone's skin colour, but discriminating against someone for being gay is a matter of opinion.    

Reading that back I sound like 5 year old crying for attention, but ya know.

and I'm in my free speech to say that its dumb to judge like that:D

your 100% fine, I just respectively disagree

and I'm in my free speech to say that its dumb to judge like that:D

your 100% fine, I just respectively disagree

Yeah, I may have got a bit to heated and said some dumb things during this little argument. Sorry about that. 

Yeah, I may have got a bit to heated and said some dumb things during this little argument. Sorry about that. 

naw its always important to show some common courtesy so its cool

im hilarious.

ADTR?

naw its always important to show some common courtesy so its cool

im hilarious.

ADTR?

Spot on  :D you a fan as well?