How Anita Sarkeesian Wants Video Games To Change

'playing the victim card' is never used as a joke.... It Is too serious for that. You are the first to do so in my memory.

Also it is a relevant comment that he made. Men get stereotypes assigned too but nobody cries about that like Anita does about this.

So its ok to ignore the concerns of others because you feel hated on. Good to know.

The term playing the victim card is never used as a joke, yes it is. Just listen how it sounds, "playing the victim card" its mocking the right of someone to claim they are a victim. Its not a joke about someone being a victim its about how someone is allowed to call themselves a victim inappropriately. In this context its about how hurtful it is being stereotyped being a white male and how women should get over it and allow the slow progress instead of pushing forward (implied).

So its ok to ignore the concerns of others because you feel hated on. Good to know.

The term playing the victim card is never used as a joke, yes it is. Just listen how it sounds, "playing the victim card" its mocking the right of someone to claim they are a victim. Its not a joke about someone being a victim its about how someone is allowed to call themselves a victim inappropriately. In this context its about how hurtful it is being stereotyped being a white male and how women should get over it and allow the slow progress instead of pushing forward (implied).

I myself don't feel hated on but he touches some good points. So it's not inappropriate. Why does she not touch these subjects about men being oversexualized and only women? Right, no good reason.

Also the term was never used like that as far as I know and I have seen it many times. (Not in this thread I mean)

so she can attack me but I hate her for it and I'm the bad guy? Explain that to me. 

Not without being a hypocrite.

Constructing sound logical arguments instead of marginalizing hate inspired drivel. I get your points, and agree to an extent, but much like how I do support the overall message Anita exclaims, I do not support how she does it or her personal goals and actions.

To be fair that list of 8 is pretty reasonable. 

Reason and the internet... this should go over well.

9.send her to a prison full of pedophiles

Well that.... huh?

Hmph, I can agree with that, even though I generally dislike Anita she does make a good point.

However, I don't think it should be a requirement that you include a female or male character, the developer should feel free to use whichever gender suits them, otherwise you get the problem of having random characters in there just for the sake of not being labeled a 'sexist'

This.

I don't like it, but I mostly agree with Anita, in this case.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I myself don't feel hated on but he touches some good points. So it's not inappropriate. Why does she not touch these subjects about men being oversexualized and only women? Right, no good reason.

Also the term was never used like that as far as I know and I have seen it many times. (Not in this thread I mean)

Ok, understood. Just cause you have not seen it doesn't mean its not used that way. The whole term whether its victim or other is generally used in a negative context.

There are plenty of good reasons, but I doubt getting into much details and specifics will lead to anything productive. She doesn't touch on mens issues because she has her own agenda and cause, and while its totally valid the stereotypes for men can be just was unhealthy its not necessarily her burden to bare. The problem is her agenda is not necessarily the same as her cause, and this leads to absolute valid arguments against her.

Ok, understood. Just cause you have not seen it doesn't mean its not used that way. The whole term whether its victim or other is generally used in a negative context.

There are plenty of good reasons, but I doubt getting into much details and specifics will lead to anything productive. She doesn't touch on mens issues because she has her own agenda and cause, and while its totally valid the stereotypes for men can be just was unhealthy its not necessarily her burden to bare. The problem is her agenda is not necessarily the same as her cause, and this leads to absolute valid arguments against her.

Eh okay.

I am gaming atm so can't really discuss :P (not that I like discussing anyway)

this is like throwing oil into the fire hoping it would calm the fudge down :/

Details separate people.

Can we all PLEASE stop paying any attention to this woman? She's a professional victim, and an attention seeker (in place of a less polite but far more accurate phrase).

She's nothing more. As are her cronies in the game "journalism" industry.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Can we all PLEASE stop paying any attention to this woman? She's a professional victim, and an attention seeker (in place of a less polite but far more accurate phrase).

She's nothing more. As are her cronies in the game "journalism" industry.

I call her a con artist.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

I call her a con artist.

Kind of insulting to con artists though...

TL:DR

Anita has the worst case of penis envy ever.

I'd say more like success envy.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Why are we giving attention to this sad excuse for an "activist".

Her points are hypocritical, invalid, and often misandrist.

She's like a rash, just leave it and it will go away.