Well.....Hello Beautiful

JustCallMeVlad

You got a really nice plant growing there- oh wait what's that in the front... Oh.

It Won't Fail Cause of Me.

Wow, four empty boxes. been dumpster diving?

Look closer. Still sealed :)

Core I7 5960X / Gigabyte X99 SOC Force / Kingston 16GB DDR4 3000 / EVGA GTX 980 Classified's In Quad SLI / EVGA 1600W G2

Core I7 6700K / Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero / Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000 / MSI R9 290X Lightning / EVGA 1600W T2

Glad we cleared that up, I know absolutely nothing about 3-4 way SLI overclocking and watercooling and I didnt know that you all did this much stuff with 3/4 way configs. I was just looking at it from a stock standpoint and not really changing anything software wise. If I may ask what is the 3D mark specifically?

Sure 3D Mark is a synthetic 3D based benchmark, that stresses your whole PC but most of all your GPU or GPUs. We have also to name as popular 3D benchmarks Unigine Heaven 4.0 and Unigine Valley 1.0. We have thread here for Valley and 3D Mark in the GPU sub forums where people benchmark, overclock and submit their results. This is to see how good your system works together, for epeen and of course with a lot of data collected you can compare you system to others that use the same parts as you to see if your system runs as good, worse or the same.

3D Mark is officially used from manufacturers to attempting in breaking world records for OCing. It is a so called short term stress test. Unigine Valley 1.0 can be used as long term stress test to see if your desired overclock runs stable and without thermal throttling.

In 3D Mark there are certain brackets 1 to 4 GPUs and from SkyDiver 720p, FireStrike 1080p, Fire Strike Extreme 1440p to FireStrike ULTRA 4K. If you have the right components, cooling solution (all Top5 use usually LN2 or highend watercooling) and knowledge about OverClocking you can manage to make it in the top100 of the Hall of Fame on the 3D Mark site. The top ten of each bracket are more or less the best OCers world wide within their brackets.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Sure 3D Mark is a synthetic 3D based benchmark, that stresses your whole PC but most of all your GPU or GPUs. We have also to name as popular 3D benchmarks Unigine Heaven 4.0 and Unigine Valley 1.0. We have thread here for Valley and 3D Mark in the GPU sub forums where people benchmark, overclock and submit their results. This is to see how good your system works together, for epeen and of course with a lot of data collected you can compare you system to others that use the same parts as you to see if your system runs as good, worse or the same.

3D Mark is officially used from manufacturers to attempting in breaking world records for OCing. It is a so called short term stress test. Unigine Valley 1.0 can be used as long term stress test to see if your desired overclock runs stable and without thermal throttling.

In 3D Mark there are certain brackets 1 to 4 GPUs and from SkyDiver 720p, FireStrike 1080p, Fire Strike Extreme 1440p to FireStrike ULTRA 4K. If you have the right components, cooling solution (all Top5 use usually LN2 or highend watercooling) and knowledge about OverClocking you can manage to make it in the top100 of the Hall of Fame on the 3D Mark site. The top ten of each bracket are more or less the best OCers world wide within their brackets.

Ohhh I get it cool stuff, I use valley and heaven mainly for Temps and frames....you know simple stuff :P. So you basically one of the best for 3 way SLI? how many people are in your bracket in all?

Ohhh I get it cool stuff, I use valley and heaven mainly for Temps and frames....you know simple stuff :P. So you basically one of the best for 3 way SLI? how many people are in your bracket in all?

Yeah Valley is perfect to run it in loop. Heaven is more on the brutal side but a very reliable benchmark. I enjoy 3D Mark the most. Yes for right now hehe, but hardware is a very unstable thing, todays champs could be the losers of tomorrow ;). Well hard to tell world wide but with all 3way system`s probably a couple of hundred thousands ?

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Yeah Valley is perfect to run it in loop. Heaven is more on the brutal side but a very reliable benchmark. I enjoy 3D Mark the most. Yes for right now hehe, but hardware is a very unstable thing, todays champs could be the losers of tomorrow ;). Well hard to tell world wide but with all 3way system`s probably a couple of hundred thousands ?

Damn...I see 3D mark is $20, is it useful for anything besides benchmarks? and yeah soo true, im actually a little surprised VLAD didnt go for 4 GTX 980 Kingpins which were just released recently, any clue as to why? theyre overclocking beasts no? oh and btw do you use watercooling or LN2? 

Why do you have a black light switch with a white cover plate?

makes it easy to see.

Holy guacamole!

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Damn...I see 3D mark is $20, is it useful for anything besides benchmarks? and yeah soo true, im actually a little surprised VLAD didnt go for 4 GTX 980 Kingpins which were just released recently, any clue as to why? theyre overclocking beasts no? oh and btw do you use watercooling or LN2? 

Actually you can use 3D Mark FireStrike and SkyDiver for free as freeware. The 20$ are just for the unlocked full version to get FS E and FS U. No worries most people use it as freeware. If you want to be serious about hardware OCing though you need to have the full version because without it your scores don´t count.

But good news, STEAM has it on sale 3 or 4 times a year where you can get it as low as 5$ :).

Vlad was right not to buy the KingPin editions but the Classifieds. First of all there´s special tools required to make the KingPins work fully enabled and you need LN2 to benefit from it because there´s no water cooling heatsink available. This card is beyond special and made only for die hard LN2 overclockers or collectors that enjoy to have one. The Classified is THE best OCing card for nVidia cards and broke countless world records. Vlad wants to be in the top 10 with a 4way SLI world wide so he needs something bad ass to manage to get in there. Because in this bracket he will have to deal with people like 8Pack and Kingpin himself ;).

Actually you can use 3D Mark FireStrike and SkyDiver for free as freeware. The 20$ are just for the unlocked full version to get FS E and FS U. No worries most people use it as freeware. If you want to be serious about hardware OCing though you need to have the full version because without it your scores don´t count.

But good news, STEAM has it on sale 3 or 4 times a year where you can get it as low as 5$ :).

Vlad was right not to buy the KingPin editions but the Classifieds. First of all there´s special tools required to make the KingPins work fully enabled and you need LN2 to benefit from it because there´s no water cooling heatsink available. This card is beyond special and made only for die hard LN2 overclockers or collectors that enjoy to have one. The Classified is THE best OCing card for nVidia cards and broke countless world records. Vlad wants to be in the top 10 with a 4way SLI world wide so he needs something bad ass to manage to get in there. Because in this bracket he will have to deal with people like 8Pack and Kingpin himself ;).

What about in the case of a 2 way Kingpin SLI? Would the Kingpin's still not be a good choice?

What about in the case of a 2 way Kingpin SLI? Would the Kingpin's still not be a good choice?

Same issue, nice cards no doubt about it but you need a special hardware based OCing tool from EVGA that costs round about 300USD additional to get the Voltage unlocked and the card costs more than the Classified that comes already out of the box with a triple BIOS.

That´s why Vlad made the right decision to go with the Classifieds.

Same issue, nice cards no doubt about it but you need a special hardware based OCing tool from EVGA that costs round about 300USD additional to get the Voltage unlocked and the card costs more than the Classified that comes already out of the box with a triple BIOS.

That´s why Vlad made the right decision to go with the Classifieds.

So the 980 kingping isnt really worth it unless your doing single GPU competitive overclocking lol

Kingpin is only worth it for ln2

Core I7 5960X / Gigabyte X99 SOC Force / Kingston 16GB DDR4 3000 / EVGA GTX 980 Classified's In Quad SLI / EVGA 1600W G2

Core I7 6700K / Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero / Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000 / MSI R9 290X Lightning / EVGA 1600W T2

Can we get a picture of them out of the box?

For science reasons of course.  ;)

Recent games -- LoL, FO4, TESV, XCOM 2, Life is Strange, Overwatch, Ark, Total War Attila, Hearthstone.  <(^^,)>

Does the 5820K even have enough PCI-E lanes?

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Can we get a picture of them out of the box?

For science reasons of course. ;)

When I get home :)

I saw the picture and thought for a second this deserved to be in the "Classifieds" section....... 

Better start OCing soon. That March 3rd NVidia announcement or the new AMD chips might shake up the Hall of Fame.  

Good luck!

CPU Intel i7 5930k - Motherboard Asus X99 Deluxe - RAM Kingston DDR4 32GB - GPU nVidia GeForce GTX980 3way SLI - Case NZXT H440 – Samsung XP941 m.2, Samsung 850 Pro, WD Black, WD Red - PSU Corsair Ax1200i

I saw the picture and thought for a second this deserved to be in the "Classifieds" section.......

Better start OCing soon. That March 3rd NVidia announcement or the new AMD chips might shake up the Hall of Fame.

Good luck!

I'm not worried about 1300 dollar cards

With $2,800 in cards I would certainly hope not. ;)

CPU Intel i7 5930k - Motherboard Asus X99 Deluxe - RAM Kingston DDR4 32GB - GPU nVidia GeForce GTX980 3way SLI - Case NZXT H440 – Samsung XP941 m.2, Samsung 850 Pro, WD Black, WD Red - PSU Corsair Ax1200i