Since Valve is coming up with a new VR HMD are you reconsidering buying a CV1 ?

qwertywarrior

im sure many of you didnt forget about FB buying oculus and how it might effect them in the future

since FB is a publicly held company share holders will do what ever they want with it which means they might end up locking down who can and cant make games

valve is a privately held company and do what ever they want (ex:no hl3 yet)

vlave did demonstrate how advanced they already are with VR , so much so that they helped oculus , persistence is an example 

so when it comes to maturity they are up there

so what do you guys think ?

will you wait for a steam HMD instead ?

personally ill wait and see but im leaning more to steam HMD

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Right now I don't really care for the VR-hype. Nothing is finished and I can't see any useful software for it. And it will take a huge success that publishers actually invest money into a VR mode.

To think about which kind of product I'd take is just pointless. But I guess this is the outcome of all this kickstarter, early access and pre-order nonsense. Wait for something to be released and check out if it is any good and has enough support. 

Sure, I like the idea and a general discussion about the idea and where it makes sense is valid for me. But talking products, not really. 

MSI X99S SLI PLUS  // Intel Core i7-5960X Processor (8 x 3.0 GHz) // Corsair Hydro Series H80i Cooling // 32 GB DDR4 High End Crucial 2133 MHz RAM

2 x 4096 MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 //2 x 500 GB SATA III Samsung 840 EVO SSD // 4000 GB SATA III, 7200upm // 1000 Watt Silverstone Strider SS //Creative Sound Blaster Z

Cooler Master Cosmos II Big Tower (ATX)

Right now I don't really care for the VR-hype. Nothing is finished and I can't see any useful software for it.

Id only buy it for Warthunder and for Arma 3 head movement

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Id only buy it for Warthunder and for Arma 3 head movement

I would love to play vr dayz. Games based on the arma engine seem like they would work well with vr because of the way things are rendered (character model is exactly the same from first and 3rd person) the free look mechanic could be perfectly controlled with vr IMO.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|