overpriced Craigslist adds

fleshwoundf08x

So after I watched scrap yard wars and saw Luke get a nice price on a used r9 290 I thought maybe I could look on Craigslist and find a deal on a good and cheap gpu. Well idk if it's just where I live in the US that's the problem but 90% of the people selling on there are extremely overpriced for what they are. For example I looked at a gtx 770 2gb was reading the description then got to the price, 300 bucks for a used 770 so I decided to keep looking everything was just too old or not enough of a discount to warrant the purchase. Then I saw a build for 2300 wanted to look at to see if was nice maybe see if the guy would sell the gpu separately if it was a good deal. Looked at the parts list and seriously lost faith in anyone on Craigslist being rational. At most the rig cost 1500 to buy the parts right now. i7 4790, 8 gigs or ram, 1tb Seagate sshd, gtx 960, roswell 850 psu (ik way overkill), cooler master storm trooper case, msi gaming 5 mobo. and get this no OS. And he said if you wanted an os installed they would have to up the price some. So I say that to ask this does anyone have any idea on a good place to find good deals on used pc parts. ik ebay but I've always had back luck with eBay and would rather not buy from there.

Almost everyone selling a whole pc will try to rip you off

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

I saw an R9 270x for a $100...

And then a 7750 for 95...

People need to get things figured out.

System: Thinkpad T460

Saw an iPod Video for $40 and an iPod Video for $240. People will realize it's not selling and lower the price eventually. Just feel bad for them b/c of their lack of knowledge.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

Well the thing that annoys me is how many people buy stuff on there not knowing that it's grossly overpriced. I texted the guy and he said he had a few people asking about it and I kinda went off on him. Bc people like him give us aspiring pc builders(I love to do it on the side and don't charge people) a bad name.

@DIV1D3 and I raged at a guy once for selling a pc with a 750/ti, Idk the rest, but that should give you an idea, but it was $3K!!! all because it was in a H440 Razer, and it was "LTD EDITION"

I was so pissed off. He said it was already sold for $2K

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

@DIV1D3 and I raged at a guy once for selling a pc with a 750/ti, Idk the rest, but that should give you an idea, but it was $3K!!! all because it was in a H440 Razer, and it was "LTD EDITION"

I was so pissed off. He said it was already sold for $2K

I would feel horrible doing that....

I would feel horrible doing that....

What?

Raging at a dude?

Or selling a pc for $2K with a 750/ti?

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

What?

Raging at a dude?

but profit off a moron yo :P

What?

Raging at a dude?

Selling it. 

Obviously  :P

Imagine the disappointment when he finally found out what a dud he had bought.

So after I watched scrap yard wars and saw Luke get a nice price on a used r9 290 I thought maybe I could look on Craigslist and find a deal on a good and cheap gpu. Well idk if it's just where I live in the US that's the problem but 90% of the people selling on there are extremely overpriced for what they are. For example I looked at a gtx 770 2gb was reading the description then got to the price, 300 bucks for a used 770 so I decided to keep looking everything was just too old or not enough of a discount to warrant the purchase. Then I saw a build for 2300 wanted to look at to see if was nice maybe see if the guy would sell the gpu separately if it was a good deal. Looked at the parts list and seriously lost faith in anyone on Craigslist being rational. At most the rig cost 1500 to buy the parts right now. i7 4790, 8 gigs or ram, 1tb Seagate sshd, gtx 960, roswell 850 psu (ik way overkill), cooler master storm trooper case, msi gaming 5 mobo. and get this no OS. And he said if you wanted an os installed they would have to up the price some. So I say that to ask this does anyone have any idea on a good place to find good deals on used pc parts. ik ebay but I've always had back luck with eBay and would rather not buy from there.

People like that are why I am going to start building pc's and selling them on craigslist. I figure I can put together a really nice $500 build and sell it for about $700 including OS. I know in my area with how overpriced pc's are I should make a killing since a pc of similar specs sells around here for $1,000+

At a cursory glance craigslist probably seems like an overpriced place, but I've gotten so many deals and steals by religiously checking several times a day.

All the good stuff is usually gone hours after posting and all that's left is overpriced reposts.

Most people have this mindset.

"I paid $300 for this and took well care of it. I should get $250 for it spite it being two years old."

The problem with hardware is that it drops in price fast. And people don't realize this.

For example, I saw a nice deal on a PS2 earlier. Like $50 for the console, 20 games, and two controllers. Now that is how it should be done.

People like that are why I am going to start building pc's and selling them on craigslist. I figure I can put together a really nice $500 build and sell it for about $700 including OS. I know in my area with how overpriced pc's are I should make a killing since a pc of similar specs sells around here for $1,000+

agreed man the sad thing is like where I live there are so many people who over charge there pcs and have been disappointed and now just buy cheap pcs from Walmart with cpu's that have been out for 5 years and wonder y it's not gonna do everything they want. I've been thinking about posting an add about building pc for people but it has to be where they give me the money I buy the parts and build it for em. Alot of people tho would rather see a completed build tho. And don't want to wait.

Most people have this mindset.

"I paid $300 for this and took well care of it. I should get $250 for it spite it being two years old."

The problem with hardware is that it drops in price fast. And people don't realize this.

For example, I saw a nice deal on a PS2 earlier. Like $50 for the console, 20 games, and two controllers. Now that is how it should be done.

well this one knows what there doing they said they built it last week. It's sad and he came back with this I'm a poor college student just trying to make money to provide for my family.

agreed man the sad thing is like where I live there are so many people who over charge there pcs and have been disappointed and now just buy cheap pcs from Walmart with cpu's that have been out for 5 years and wonder y it's not gonna do everything they want. I've been thinking about posting an add about building pc for people but it has to be where they give me the money I buy the parts and build it for em. Alot of people tho would rather see a completed build tho. And don't want to wait.

Thats why you save up $500 build the rig and post it. Once one sells save the profit for the first 4-5 pc's and by that time you should have your name out there enough to possibly get higher paying clients and you'll have over $2,000 in hand to do builds with. Realistically you won't see any spendable profit till your on your 10th pc but you'll have steady business coming in and that will be when the work starts to pay off. But remember this strategy is only meant as a secondary job that you do for 1-2 hours every few days not a primary unless you happen to get lucky and business really starts to boom. Also remember this never build the same exact pc twice always change the aesthetics of each pc so people will feel like they are getting one off builds. If you are seen posting the same exact build multiple times people will think your just in it for the money and start to think you have some ridiculously cheap deals and your charging to much. 

Selling it. 

Obviously  :P

Imagine the disappointment when he finally found out what a dud he had bought.

Well, bluntly, the person who bought it is a blithering idiot. 

Not saying that he deserved getting a shitty PC for a wildly insane amount of money, but he clearly had no idea as to what he was doing. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Thats why you save up $500 build the rig and post it. Once one sells save the profit for the first 4-5 pc's and by that time you should have your name out there enough to possibly get higher paying clients and you'll have over $2,000 in hand to do builds with. Realistically you won't see any spendable profit till your on your 10th pc but you'll have steady business coming in and that will be when the work starts to pay off. But remember this strategy is only meant as a secondary job that you do for 1-2 hours every few days not a primary unless you happen to get lucky and business really starts to boom. Also remember this never build the same exact pc twice always change the aesthetics of each pc so people will feel like they are getting one off builds. If you are seen posting the same exact build multiple times people will think your just in it for the money and start to think you have some ridiculously cheap deals and your charging to much.

Agreed my goal is not to make it a full time job bc where I live it's unrealistic but my plan was to put the money I would make aside for future upgrades to my pc and also setting money aside to go back to college for IT.

lol , makes me think of this one guy selling a gtx 780 for 800$ , like dude chill ... its old and outdated ... you'll be lucky to get 250 for it around her lol

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

Agreed my goal is not to make it a full time job bc where I live it's unrealistic but my plan was to put the money I would make aside for future upgrades to my pc and also setting money aside to go back to college for IT.

Not bad. For me its to save for when I finish college. I just changed my major from a bachelors in video game design and development since I realized the number of jobs that I will be eligible for is 4 or 5 vs my new major is a bachelors in computer engineering with a concentration on software development. My hopes are to save up $15,000-20,000 in the next 3 years between my little side business, my main job, and the little extra I get from my student loans which is about $500 every 8 weeks so that when graduation finally comes I can move anywhere I want depending on where I land a job and have enough to get a house, utilities, and have some extra cushion for a rainy day.

Not bad. For me its to save for when I finish college. I just changed my major from a bachelors in video game design and development since I realized the number of jobs that I will be eligible for is 4 or 5 vs my new major is a bachelors in computer engineering with a concentration on software development. My hopes are to save up $15,000-20,000 in the next 3 years between my little side business, my main job, and the little extra I get from my student loans which is about $500 every 8 weeks so that when graduation finally comes I can move anywhere I want depending on where I land a job and have enough to get a house, utilities, and have some extra cushion for a rainy day.

yeah man that's a good plan. I've also thought about going to some of the local church's and talking to them to see if they are needing computer upgrades. Bc where I live it's a small town in arkansas and they are just getting into the whole media focused churches Where they want projectors and what not.

yeah man that's a good plan. I've also thought about going to some of the local church's and talking to them to see if they are needing computer upgrades. Bc where I live it's a small town in arkansas and they are just getting into the whole media focused churches Where they want projectors and what not.

You might want to turn your focus to small businesses because churches dont want to pay for those kinds of things since they have so many that would rather donate them. But small businesses on the other hand want to save money but will still pay a premium so long as the price is fair. Think about it like this most small businesses pay anywhere from $1,100-1,400 for a pc from companies like Dell for a 2.3-2.6ghz dual core with 8gb of ram and 2-3 tb of HDD space when you can easily give them a 3.5ghz core i3 8gb of ram and 2-3tb of HDD space for about $850 and while your making a pretty dam nice profit they are getting quality components at half the cost which will gain you long term business and service contracts on these machines.

You can also sweeten the pot with other upgrades since most businesses wont have a need for a GPU so your actually saving $200-300 in the cost of building and you can throw in more ram or more HDD space or even a better cpu and still put more profit in your pocket.

Here is an example of a good pc to confront a business with that doesn't have a need for a GPU while still keeping budget in mind. And since most small businesses don't really have a need for Windows 8.1 pro you can just go to reddit and buy a copy of windows for $20-30 to include with the machine and still get $850 easy.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($189.88 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock H97 PERFORMANCE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial MX100 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($62.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Fractal Design Core 2300 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($31.99 @ NCIX US) 
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($29.99 @ NCIX US) 
Total: $526.71
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-24 04:25 EST-0500

You might want to turn your focus to small businesses because churches dont want to pay for those kinds of things since they have so many that would rather donate them. But small businesses on the other hand want to save money but will still pay a premium so long as the price is fair. Think about it like this most small businesses pay anywhere from $1,100-1,400 for a pc from companies like Dell for a 2.3-2.6ghz dual core with 8gb of ram and 2-3 tb of HDD space when you can easily give them a 3.5ghz core i3 8gb of ram and 2-3tb of HDD space for about $850 and while your making a pretty dam nice profit they are getting quality components at half the cost which will gain you long term business and service contracts on these machines.

You can also sweeten the pot with other upgrades since most businesses wont have a need for a GPU so your actually saving $200-300 in the cost of building and you can throw in more ram or more HDD space or even a better cpu and still put more profit in your pocket.

If I can give any advice for working with businesses, keep a few extra HDDs or RAM sticks or other such things laying around. It looks much better if you can get a machine that's gone down due to a faulty part up and running in a few hours as opposed to a few days (especially when that's the main reason businesses go with Dell/HP/whatever)

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

My local craigslist has an 8800 gt for 50, but literally right next to that post is a 560 for 40. Get your shit together people. Still not as bad as the 660 ti for 350 bucks.

CPU: INTEL Core i7 4790k @ 4.7Ghz - Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61 - Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X SLI - RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ares 2400mhz - GPU: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury 4G - Case: Phanteks P350X - PSU: EVGA 750GQ - Storage: WD Black 1TB - Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14s (Push) / 2x Corsair AF140 (Pull) / 3x Corsair AF120 (Exhaust) - Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red - Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma

Bit of an AMD fan I suppose. I don't bias my replies to anything however, I just prefer AMD and their products. Buy whatever the H*CK you want. 

---QUOTE ME OR I WILL LIKELY NOT REPLY---