overpriced Craigslist adds

fleshwoundf08x

If I can give any advice for working with businesses, keep a few extra HDDs or RAM sticks or other such things laying around. It looks much better if you can get a machine that's gone down due to a faulty part up and running in a few hours as opposed to a few days (especially when that's the main reason businesses go with Dell/HP/whatever)

Most definitely I am actually in the process of building 5 pc's for my old company that was forcefully taken from me by my stepmother but she found out that I build pc's and doesn't want to pay Dell $1,500+ for pc's because of their terrible customer support so im building her 5 of them and charging $1,000 each. Yea im charging to much but the bitch took my company so she isnt getting a deal from me lol. I'll probably have just over $2,000 in parts and I will be making $5,000 off of this deal. And she gave me half up front lol

You might want to turn your focus to small businesses because churches dont want to pay for those kinds of things since they have so many that would rather donate them. But small businesses on the other hand want to save money but will still pay a premium so long as the price is fair. Think about it like this most small businesses pay anywhere from $1,100-1,400 for a pc from companies like Dell for a 2.3-2.6ghz dual core with 8gb of ram and 2-3 tb of HDD space when you can easily give them a 3.5ghz core i3 8gb of ram and 2-3tb of HDD space for about $850 and while your making a pretty dam nice profit they are getting quality components at half the cost which will gain you long term business and service contracts on these machines.

You can also sweeten the pot with other upgrades since most businesses wont have a need for a GPU so your actually saving $200-300 in the cost of building and you can throw in more ram or more HDD space or even a better cpu and still put more profit in your pocket.

Here is an example of a good pc to confront a business with that doesn't have a need for a GPU while still keeping budget in mind. And since most small businesses don't really have a need for Windows 8.1 pro you can just go to reddit and buy a copy of windows for $20-30 to include with the machine and still get $850 easy.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.88 @ OutletPC)

Motherboard: ASRock H97 PERFORMANCE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($79.99 @ Newegg)

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($59.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Crucial MX100 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($62.99 @ Amazon)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($71.88 @ OutletPC)

Case: Fractal Design Core 2300 ATX Mid Tower Case ($31.99 @ NCIX US)

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($29.99 @ NCIX US)

Total: $526.71

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-24 04:25 EST-0500

agreed man the only reason I was gonna go with the churches first is bc for about 5 Years while I was in college I was a youth pastor. So I got alot of contacts in the local churches where I can just see what they think first. But I've already got a local business under my belt. I built a computer for a guy ik who sells nerdy hobby items on the Internet and looking for a building to set up his business locally.

agreed man the only reason I was gonna go with the churches first is bc for about 5 Years while I was in college I was a youth pastor. So I got alot of contacts in the local churches where I can just see what they think first. But I've already got a local business under my belt. I built a computer for a guy ik who sells nerdy hobby items on the Internet and looking for a building to set up his business locally.

Thats good I was just pointing to if your trying to start out churches may not be your best bet. But there is nothing wrong with helping a church just dont hurt yourself in the process. Especially since your basically just starting out you probably dont have the extra funds to take most of the cost upon yourself. My ex fiance her father is a pastor and when he overhauled his sound system and computers for the church it was all done through donations by the churches members. He ended up with about $18,000 in electronics for the church and the church didn't pay a single penny thats why I was pointing that out.

People like that are why I am going to start building pc's and selling them on craigslist. I figure I can put together a really nice $500 build and sell it for about $700 including OS. I know in my area with how overpriced pc's are I should make a killing since a pc of similar specs sells around here for $1,000+

And maybe in a few years you'll start a company called Alienware.

Thats good I was just pointing to if your trying to start out churches may not be your best bet. But there is nothing wrong with helping a church just dont hurt yourself in the process. Especially since your basically just starting out you probably dont have the extra funds to take most of the cost upon yourself. My ex fiance her father is a pastor and when he overhauled his sound system and computers for the church it was all done through donations by the churches members. He ended up with about $18,000 in electronics for the church and the church didn't pay a single penny thats why I was pointing that out.

yeah man I understand I would make sure I have the check first lol.