The problematic mindset of people in GD

zenithar

smdh.png

How can you say a 4770K/Z87 build is old? You have to be pretty stinking wealthy to have that unhealthy mindset. 

This guy has been my friend on GD for some time, he's always been the braggy type over money. 

Maybe by the end of next year, will I have enough reasons to build a personal ROG X99 build. If not, sometime in 2017.

P.S. I'm pretty sure you can use more than 2 gpu's on Z97 & older boards, lol... :P

CPU: i7 4770 GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Mobo: ASUS Maximus VI Hero ROG

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz CPU cooler: Corsair H80i PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2

Fans: Corsair AF/AF/AF/ 120 & 140's Case: CMStorm Scout 2 Advanced

But, strictly speaking, it is old.

It's his money, why are you getting angry?

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

But, strictly speaking, it is old.

It's his money, why are you getting angry?

Nobody's angry lol.

What is GD?

GD is Game-Debate.

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz CPU cooler: Corsair H80i PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2

smdh.png

How can you say a 4770K/Z87 build is old? You have to be pretty stinking wealthy to have that unhealthy mindset. 

This guy has been my friend on GD for some time, he's always been the braggy type over money. 

Maybe by the end of next year, will I have enough reasons to build a personal ROG X99 build. If not, sometime in 2017.

P.S. I'm pretty sure you can use more than 2 gpu's on Z97 & older boards, lol... :P

every person has different mind set not everyone goes with price to performance. knowing human some people would pay butt load of money on things they think look pretty.

heck if asked if I'm willing to buy those 50,000$ watches I'd say no I'm good with those cheap 5$ ones that I can buy locally. but If I were asked if I'm willing to spend 50,000$ on pc to go balls in the walls I'd probably do it so long as it looks pretty and my wallet can afford it which is not the case.

Live your life like a dream.

It's the CPU he had previously, therefore by definition it is his old CPU...

Choosing X99 because of memory is pretty stupid, but it's not like the platform doesn't have advantages over Z97 for certain uses.

By old, he probably means previous. But I agree that if you already have a 4770k and got x99, you're pretty rich

CPU: i5-6600k @ 4.4GHz | Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury | GPU: Asus Strix GTX 980 | Case: NZXT Noctis 450 Red/Black | Storage: 256GB Sandisk SSD + 1TB Western Digital HDD | PSU: EVGA 750w | Monitor: ASUS VS247H | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Keyboard: $15 Cheapo Rubber Dome Keyboard | Mouse: Rosewill RGM-300

Linus Tech Tips Pebble (and Pebble Time) notifier watchface!

It's the CPU he had previously, therefore by definition it is his old CPU...

Yeah, was going to point out that he's saying it's his old rig - he's not saying the hardware is old in the sense that it's useless.

Yeah, was going to point out that he's saying it's his old rig - he's not saying the hardware is old in the sense that it's useless.

I didn't say that either...

How can you say a 4770K/Z87 build is old?

How can you say a 4770K/Z87 build is old?

How is that saying it's useless? Hahaha. Bye right fighter.

How is that saying it's useless? Hahaha. Bye right fighter.

You're implying that he is saying that the z87 platform is old, as if the hardware is useless, and they weren't. They were only saying that their old build is a z87 platform.

You're implying that he is saying that the z87 platform is old, as if the hardware is useless, and they weren't. They were only saying that their old build is a z87 platform.

You're inserting that implication my friend, not me.

Also, I've known him for a good amount of time, he always has the best of the best hardware & tends to bash older hardware.

You're inserting that implication my friend, not me.

Also, I've known him for a good amount of time, he always has the best of the best hardware & tends to bash older hardware.

Soooo, what are you implying then? The context in your opening post is saying something contrary to what you're saying to me.

Soooo, what are you implying then? The context in your opening post is saying something contrary to what you're saying to me.

You spend too much time online & have an unhealthy life if you need my justification because you're not seeing what you want.

My implication is exactly as I stated, sorry if you don't like it pal. 

Jesus OP you're very militant. Calm down

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

It's not a problematic mindset in my opinion. That guy is pretty much an early adopter. The industry would progress much slower if it wasn't for people like him. Not many people are already on X99 but imagine nobody was... I'm not saying you should just brag about everything you can buy but ultimately it's his decision.

every person has different mind set not everyone goes with price to performance. knowing human some people would pay butt load of money on things they think look pretty.

Which looks pretty broken to me  :ph34r:

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Which looks pretty broken to me  :ph34r:

just thinking about how rich people buy millions of dollars cause it's pretty >.<

sad as it is but money kinda makes the world go around >.<

Live your life like a dream.