Listen to Mic lag free?

Scratchy1215

So I use my mic a lot but I kinda have a hard time telling how loud or quite I am when I have my headset on which I always do, I tried the listen to device thing with windows and it isn't live sounding.

Is there software or hardware I can use to fix this? My headphones plug into my amp that plug into my motherboard and my mic plugs directly into the motherboard, I have a msi z97 u3 plus Mobo if that matters. Any suggestions?

Lots of hardware, none of it worth it for a Modmic. Maybe so software, none of which guaranteed to work for you. 

I agree, for the modmic its not worth it to find a solution since it is probably going to cost money. The only way I know would be through a sound mixer that lets you monitor the channels.

My System Specs: (Short list) i7 4770k, GTX 780, many SSD's, a 2 TB HDD(deceased :( ), Corsair 650D. Full list: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/kchriz6097/saved/8dh7YJ

Upgrade Plan: Acquire some Black Noctuas then add 16 or 32GB of 2133MHz memory

Lots of hardware, none of it worth it for a Modmic. Maybe so software, none of which guaranteed to work for you. 

I agree, for the modmic its not worth it to find a solution since it is probably going to cost money. The only way I know would be through a sound mixer that lets you monitor the channels.

say money wasnt the issue

Any real solutions cost the same as get a better mic that will have a monitor feature built in. E.G. Meteor Mic. 

say money wasnt the issue

Smart spending is. 

Any real solutions cost the same as get a better mic that will have a monitor feature built in. E.G. Meteor Mic. 

Smart spending is. 

yea true but i want a mic attached to my headphones, so mod mic is kinda the mic i personally find the best for me and i dont want to replace it i just want to be able to use it better

yea true but i want a mic attached to my headphones, so mod mic is kinda the mic i personally find the best for me and i dont want to replace it i just want to be able to use it better

And its not worth spending a good amount of money on to get what you want out of it. 

And its not worth spending a good amount of money on to get what you want out of it. 

but thats your opinion .-. i just want to know what options i have 

but thats your opinion .-. i just want to know what options i have 

An audio interface, a cheap one still costs $100USD  

Honestly, save the cash, or buy a better mic, I won't promote wasteful spending. 

An audio interface, a cheap one still costs $100USD  

Honestly, save the cash, or buy a better mic, I won't promote wasteful spending. 

This is all you would need: http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-302USB-BEHRINGER-XENYX/dp/B005EHILV4/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1424709420&sr=8-4&keywords=audio+interface+usb

It isn't all that expensive but still not worth it with a modmic.

My System Specs: (Short list) i7 4770k, GTX 780, many SSD's, a 2 TB HDD(deceased :( ), Corsair 650D. Full list: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/kchriz6097/saved/8dh7YJ

Upgrade Plan: Acquire some Black Noctuas then add 16 or 32GB of 2133MHz memory