zen and skylake morphcore

VanayadGaming

Well, their track record is way over 50% when it comes to rumours.

Also, can we get back on track and talk about the technology instead of one site?

If AMD gets a patent on this stuff, Intel is in for a world of hurt, because then More Cores = More power would become a reality...

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

If AMD gets a patent on this stuff, Intel is in for a world of hurt, because then More Cores = More power would become a reality...

The time to make such a patent is before getting this close to commercial application.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

The thing I see good about this that it could dynamically change based on your needs. You need more single threaded performance it will morph in to 2-3big cores, you need more multi threaded performance it will split In to even more. Also, considering there is a paper behind this I think it could be possible that it will appear. I see this great for consumers as some of you already mentioned not all applications use 8 cores 16 threads or so. If threads hey can only use 2 cores then why not have 2 beefy cores.

Would be crazy awesome for older games that only make use of 1-2 cores. Imagine running graphics mods that rival high-end modern games on games like Morrowind without having to worry about your CPU bottle necking your gpu. Heck, even Skyrim gets bottle necked of you don't have an oced i5 if you go all out with the mods.

Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8ghz, NZXT Kraken X61, ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII Hero, (2x8GB) Kingston DDR4 2400, 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury OC+, Thermaltake 1050W

All in a Semi Truck!:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/519811-semi-truck-gaming-pc/#entry6905347