1866Mhz RAM showing 932Mhz !

Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,

DDR = Double Data Rate. So it's actually 932Mhz x2. It's running at the correct speed. 

EDIT: @Aniallation It's the Double Data Rate that makes it appear as 932, not Dual Channel. Even RAM running in single channel will show as 932 and effectively be 1866. 

i've changed DRAM Frequency in BIOS settings from Auto > 1866mhz  and nothing happened !

RAM : Corsair Vengeance pro  2x8GB 1866

y1vZnmE.jpg

DDR = Double Data Rate. So it's actually 932Mhz x2. It's running at the correct speed. 

EDIT: @Aniallation It's the Double Data Rate that makes it appear as 932, not Dual Channel. Even RAM running in single channel will show as 932 and effectively be 1866. 

Aw Crap !! that was stupid LOL . thanks for the clear up !

Really? Cause my previous X58 rig had triple-channel DDR3-1600 that was read as 532MHz, multiplied by 3 that's 1600.

"Rawr XD"

Really? Cause my previous X58 rig had triple-channel DDR3-1600 that was read as 532MHz, multiplied by 3 that's 1600.

Nope, it's DDR. I currently have 3 sticks of RAM running at 1600MHz running in single channel showing as 800MHz. 

Dual and other types of "channel" just improves performance slightly. Something to do with how the channels are aligned, making it easier for the CPU to read or something. 

Nope, it's DDR. I currently have 3 sticks of RAM running at 1600MHz running in single channel showing as 800MHz. 

Dual and other types of "channel" just improves performance slightly. Something to do with how the channels are aligned, making it easier for the CPU to read or something. 

That's odd... then why did some programs show 1600MHz but some said 532? 

"Rawr XD"

That's odd... then why did some programs show 1600MHz but some said 532? 

Who knows. Different programs read things differently, or wrong. 

Who knows. Different programs read things differently, or wrong. 

I tried multiple programs and didn't get any other readings aside from 1600 or 532/533

"Rawr XD"